corrupted zones, a new way to facilitate endgame meta?

suggestion based on these assumptions

1) endgame bosses lack that "rewarding player experience" upon completion 99% of the time.

2) corrupted zones are a hit & miss for endgame meta players.

So why not hit two birds with one stone?

My suggestion

When defeating a boss in a 70+ map, a boss could have a 50% chance of dropping a

"sacrificial blood of the -insert 70+ map boss name here-"

This would be a new form of currency and it's only potential would be to raise a corrupted zone level. And it would do so accordingly to the map level of the blood that is used on the corrupted zone.

You kill a boss in a lvl 72 map, and get that boss his blood?

Next corrupted zone you use this blood on, would be raised to "zone level 72"
(obviously the zones would have to be scaled to all 70+ levels for this to succeed)

Same with a lvl 75 boss kill, next corrupted zone you use this blood on, would turn to a 75 zone.

This would make boss kills "feel rewarding" and in turn would allow corrupted zones to be run by higher level characters without feeling "punished"(aka no xp)

Another benefit would be that people would be able to run act1 corrupted zones for midnight shards (another counter measure to boredom when farming for shards?) since they can elevate there zone level to a maximum of 78. (if capable to kill dominus/courtyard boss or have economic capacity to buy these "sacrificial blood" tokens)

Thoughts?
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Bump, nobody got an opinion about this?
Or this sub-section is just dead? :)
I see no downside to your suggestion but I would not fix the main problem I have with corrupted zones.

"
Boem wrote:
This would make boss kills "feel rewarding" and in turn would allow corrupted zones to be run by higher level characters without feeling "punished"(aka no xp)
I feel punished because I have to waste my time facerolling easy content until RNG gives me a corrupted zone. Then I enter that zone and destroy the whole 10 monsters it contains.

I would like it more if sacrificial blood would give "100% chance that the next instance will contain a corrupted area of level X".

"
I would like it more if sacrificial blood would give "100% chance that the next instance will contain a corrupted area of level X".

I feel (no experience on this subject whatsoever btw) this would be hard to implement.

It would also shift the advantage of running Ca's to much to endgame meta players opposed to players not running maps and not having the ability to do this.(personal opinion btw)

The whole current concept is to give non-endgame players a semi-map experience and giving them more economical power (midnight shards).

I think part of this advantage should be kept in tact, so my suggestion try's to do this, while still making it endgame meta viable.

It also opens up act1 and act 2 corrupted zones to be farmed for midnight shards, something i find lacking atm.

But thank you very much for your response JIIX.

Basically both endgame meta-players and non-endgame meta-players would be required to still search for the zones(the experience would be the same for both), but once they find one this balance shifts.

For the endgame player it's a cakewalk and a waste of effort/time.
For the non-endgame player it's a challenge and a good player experience.

My suggestion could put both of these experiences on equal ground again.(not to mention it would effect map bosses in a positive fashion i think?)
Last edited by Boem on Apr 25, 2014, 9:12:50 AM
An Item to change the properties and level of corrupted zones would be a good idea.
I agree on using orbs on zones before entering them. Theyre much like maps anyways, why not change them just like maps and boxes?
"
An Item to change the properties and level of corrupted zones would be a good idea.

Only the zone level, not the property's, at least in this suggestion.

My main point is to make the player experience better for endgame players, currently i know nobody in my friends list that enjoys running for midnight shards to do atziri on a lvl 90+ character. (except maybe myself, but i am a weird one that just enjoys the game for enjoyments sake)

"
I agree on using orbs on zones before entering them. Theyre much like maps anyways, why not change them just like maps and boxes?

I hope you only mean corrupted zones? else the required effort from the devs would be insane i think :D!

Also there is no need to alter the story-line zones imo. Maps already exist for that, only corrupted area's can be an exception imo.

1) they are semi-maps (props to the devs for this btw very cool for new players)

2) high level players are still required to run them in order to get to atziri
"
Boem wrote:
"

My main point is to make the player experience better for endgame players, currently i know nobody in my friends list that enjoys running for midnight shards to do atziri on a lvl 90+ character. (except maybe myself, but i am a weird one that just enjoys the game for enjoyments sake)

"

I hope you only mean corrupted zones? else the required effort from the devs would be insane i think :D!

Also there is no need to alter the story-line zones imo. Maps already exist for that, only corrupted area's can be an exception imo.

1) they are semi-maps (props to the devs for this btw very cool for new players)

Duh, of course i meant only the corrupted zones...
"
"
Boem wrote:
"

"

Duh, of course i meant only the corrupted zones...

Why not?
Some way to make the zones harder after you beat Dominus in merciless, would improve the Endgame. Instead of a rare map from lady Dialla you would get some sort of device which you can use currency items on, which then affects the next created instance.
Should not be as good as maps though. the actual coding shouldn't be to complicated.
Maybe I should post this Idea in a new thread.
Last edited by cth_lh0 on Apr 27, 2014, 3:10:37 PM
"
cth_lh0 wrote:
"

Duh, of course i meant only the corrupted zones...[/quote]
Why not?
Some way to make the zones harder after you beat Dominus in merciless, would improve the Endgame. Instead of a rare map from lady Dialla you would get some sort of device which you can use currency items on, which then affects the next created instance.
Should not be as good as maps though. the actual coding shouldn't be to complicated.
Maybe I should post this Idea in a new thread.[/quote]

Not really something to get form dialla, we gotta be able to all enjoy this not only the ones that do dominus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info