Why do parties get the drop rate buffs?

I don't understand this shit. Why is it that people who are much more safe, clear faster, and can roll maps better (Since they have anywhere from 1-5 other people helping roll maps) get the better loot drops? Why is it you don't get the drop bonus when you're not in a group?

Every fucking piece of currency I get HAS to go into maps, until I get rich by chancing a Kaom's Heart (Which will never drop normally since we don't get increased item rarity either). I can't possibly do rare maps reliably since rolling them with Chaos orbs is way too much for a solo player. Mapping beyond level 83-84 solo is fucking torture.

Playing this game solo is the real hard mode, this shit is retarded and makes no sense.
Last edited by Brelm on Apr 23, 2014, 3:08:13 AM
What?

I use 3 chaoses the most when rolling maps. Most of the times i just alch them and go.

If you need way more chaoses to roll a doable map then your build is lacking survivability

Also it's obvious that party gets increased quantity: would you ever run a map in party knowing that drops will be suitable for only one player? hell no
2/10 pretty weak trolling.
▄█▀█▀█
"
Mahesys wrote:
What?

I use 3 chaoses the most when rolling maps. Most of the times i just alch them and go.

I'm glad you have the luck of gods. Really. If you can just "alch and go" and not worry about sustaining a map pool, you must be getting some crazy alch orb results.

For those of us who don't, it's a problem when you get several deathmods in a row.

And out of my 101 point build, only 10 nodes total are used for DPS, the rest are purely survivability.
Last edited by Brelm on Apr 23, 2014, 3:17:14 AM
"
Brelm wrote:
"
Mahesys wrote:
What?

I'm glad you have the luck of gods. Really. If you can just "alch and go" and not worry about sustaining a map pool, you must be getting some crazy alch orb results.

For those of us who don't, it's a problem when you get several deathmods in a row.

And out of my 101 point build, only 10 nodes total are used for DPS, the rest are purely survivability.

It's not luck, i simply cam run multiple damage rolls map. I reroll only when i hit racturing, temporal chains or blood magic or double damage mods and -max res

While i agree that playing solo compared to party is still way harder and needs some love, the increased quantity bonus is only a "buff" when you look at the loot per map. If you look at only your own drops you will get a lower quantity compared to solo.

50% more quantity per player means:

1 Player 100%
2 Player 150/2= 75%
3 Player 66.6%
6 Player 58.3%

Partying SHOULD give an advantage over solo play, just as trading SHOULD give an advantage over self found.

The problem isn't partying. Partying is fine. The problem is, as you mention; solo play. And this is hard to balance without a BoA system. And a BoA system isn't an option in GGGs mind.

But I do NOT CARE at all how many maps people in a party get. They can get 200 lvl78 maps in every run, for all I care. Solo players need more love, so just a small up' of map drop rates will help alot.

Gating XP progress behind RNG is bullshit to begin with. We should be able to buy 66-70 maps from the vendor.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Droggeltasse wrote:
While i agree that playing solo compared to party is still way harder and needs some love, the increased quantity bonus is only a "buff" when you look at the loot per map. If you look at only your own drops you will get a lower quantity compared to solo.

50% more quantity per player means:

1 Player 100%
2 Player 150/2= 75%
3 Player 66.6%
6 Player 58.3%

if i remember correctly, they took the 50% quant and made it 40rarity/10quantity on release to reduce ground clutter in parties
anything is everything
"
Why do parties get the drop rate buffs?

Maybe it shall encourage to play in groups!? Just a thought.
First off, it is not only loot but also XP-gain.

I think there are two ways to look at this:

If the overall amount of time (summed amongst all players in a party) spent is the bottleneck, then the current system is fine.

If, however, the bottleneck is the map (and the costs associated with rolling it) then the current system favors party play in an unfair way both in terms of loot and XP. I do think that this is the case. And I do believe that /players X would be the right solution. Make it so that it takes 6 times longer for a solo player to clear a map but give him the same total XP and loot that a full group would get. I still don't understand why this has not been implemented, yet.

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info