Why do parties get the drop rate buffs?

"
Kiluvaras wrote:
To build up a good character playing solo you either need to not do maps and trade all day or have made bank from a legacy or to RMT. Those are the 3 viable choices.

Before stating something as if it's fact, why don't you try it out first. Play a char SF. You'll realise you're all kinds of wrong...
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
OleOlof wrote:
"
Faendris wrote:

Unfair in the sense that the reward from playing in a party is significantly higher than in solo play. I do not see any inherent reason why this has to be the case.

Because nobody would play in groups if there is same reward when playing solo. Let assume that GGG really intends to favour group play (for whatever "crazy" reasons) its just the best way to push it. And as already mentioned...in group more loot is dropping, but calculated down for each group member you end up with less loot as compared to solo. By all means, there is absolutely nothing "unfair". I myself appreciate this system.

A long time ago .... before party level scaling was trendy,players would party to do content that was normally way out of their level as an individual and if successful provided the players with better items and experience through risk and if unsuccessful they all paid with a horrible death.

And of course there was always that feeling of satisfaction taking out areas that normally would be suicide (and occasionally still were grouped).

Grouping provided a challenge and reward of its own and never needed to be *encouraged* with drop/xp enhancments to be popular and fun.

A good portion of todays games enhance drop/xp mechanics very high for party play and in return a good portion of players exploit these mechanics by beating on trivial content with zero challenge in the hopes of making more currency to buy their progression just to do it all over at the next designated trivial farming spot/boss.

It's not that party play is a bad thing,rather how it's used quite often to trivialize rather than challenge.

=)
Last edited by Temper on Apr 23, 2014, 7:22:33 AM
Here's a bit of advice to lower your costs of doing maps solo. Build a stable of complementary characters so that you'll have less rejected map mods. Make a build based on which mods it will attempt rather than how fast it will clear the same thing you can already do.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Here's a bit of advice to lower your costs of doing maps solo. Build a stable of complementary characters so that you'll have less rejected map mods. Make a build based on which mods it will attempt rather than how fast it will clear the same thing you can already do.

This.

As a second option, I will be MORE than happy to take all of your Temporal Chains maps off your hands. Free of charge ;p
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
Also do some calculations on the maps that you are using chaos on.

Given that:
- a white map is already 100%
- a well rolled blue map costs nothing but the map and has Pack Size or Magic Monsters + 15 % or so.
- chiseling adds 4 chisels (cost 2 chaos) and adds 20%$
- alching will add about 40% or so on average, but will give you no automatic pack size/magic monsters and can easily result in unplayable maps
- alching+chaosing is EXPENSIVE

Just rolling unchiseled maps blue and buying more maps when you run out is most economical for most maps.

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Apr 23, 2014, 10:34:06 AM
"
Droggeltasse wrote:
While i agree that playing solo compared to party is still way harder and needs some love, the increased quantity bonus is only a "buff" when you look at the loot per map. If you look at only your own drops you will get a lower quantity compared to solo.

50% more quantity per player means:

1 Player 100%
2 Player 150/2= 75%
3 Player 66.6%
6 Player 58.3%

/thread. You get less loot per person if you party, even after the buffs, and it's not even 50% more quantity anymore. Not to mention, the bonuses don't apply to map drops anyway.

If I play a map solo, I usually port out once or twice to ID and sort out all the rares I pick up. Playing in a party of 3 or more, this almost never happens, and I've had plenty of times where my inventory wasn't even full after the full map run. Naturally not the case if running with a MF culler, but.
It is encourage jokers like you to finally start playing in parties...
I'm all for parties having an advantage compared to solo play, but they should seriously add a /players command, as some of us don't have the best computers on the market and thus cannot play in groups with all the dischargers, summoners, CoC builds, etc.

If they add the /players command, solo players would get drops comparable to party-play (maybe tweak the drop rates a bit), but without the clear speeds, auras and general safety of having multiple people in the area.
Hey, we suggested a /players command waaay back in CB in order to counter bringing in AFKs to do the same thing... Instead they made it so bringing in AFKs doesn't work, and as part of it, made party life a little more rough. Go figure.
"
OblivionLost wrote:
I'm all for parties having an advantage compared to solo play, but they should seriously add a /players command, as some of us don't have the best computers on the market and thus cannot play in groups with all the dischargers, summoners, CoC builds, etc.

If they add the /players command, solo players would get drops comparable to party-play (maybe tweak the drop rates a bit), but without the clear speeds, auras and general safety of having multiple people in the area.

Don't worry, frames do drop under 10 with high-end computers as well. Skill effects are just way too heavy for any retail cpu on the market
Last edited by Jyssi on Apr 24, 2014, 12:51:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info