A few questions about Divination Distillate.

"
kolp wrote:
Well, as far as I know y'all are both wrong then. You can still successfully divine legacy archon shields without losing the implicit +24% all res mod.

You can also divine shields with the legacy resplendent mod without losing it.

There are more examples outside shield mods that I know of.

Divine orb rerolls explicit mods within their bracket.

Archon's +24% res is an implicit mod, not an explicit mod.

'Resplendent' is a bracket, so a divine orb won't un-legacy it, since it's the bracket itself that is legacy. Resplendent hasn't changed, it just isn't obtainable anymore, so a divine orb will re-roll the resplendent mod.

Unique items, however, do not use rare prefixes/suffixes, they have their own unique brackets. When a unique becomes legacy, this bracket itself is changed, which is why using a divine orb will make it non-legacy; it's re-rolling the bracket, which is different than it used to be.
The easiest way to guarantee you get off div distillate is to turn off an aura before you activate it. That, or just tank a lot of damage.

As for divining legacy rare items: as far as I know, divining rare items can have two effects depending on how GGG makes them legacy.

If GGG were to eliminate the Flaring affix, using a divine orb would still reroll legacy Flaring items within their old range.
If GGG instead changes the Flaring affix to give only 10-13 to 20-24 added physical damage, using divine orbs on legacy Flaring items would roll them within this new bracket.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Apr 22, 2014, 11:14:19 PM
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
The easiest way to guarantee you get off div distillate is to turn off an aura before you activate it. That, or just tank a lot of damage.

As for divining legacy rare items: as far as I know, divining rare items can have two effects depending on how GGG makes them legacy.

If GGG were to eliminate the Flaring affix, using a divine orb would still reroll legacy Flaring items within their old range.
If GGG instead changes the Flaring affix to give only 10-13 to 20-24 added physical damage, using divine orbs on legacy Flaring items would roll them within this new bracket.

This is the correct answer regarding rares.

Also, gl OP...

"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Apr 22, 2014, 11:19:56 PM
Fyi ggg did f with crit mult on amys.

This was like 63 or so crit pre divine

But at the same time they remove iiq but it will still roll in the same tier. Thanks for the heads up ggg.
I don't have a divination distillate yet, but i figured out how it would work for me.

I run 3 aura's on life, while wearing
Spoiler

When target is getting low i switch to
Spoiler

Combined with Zealot's oath i dont have any life regen at that time, making divination easy to use. Only concern is i can't go above 35% life, otherwise i lose 100% iir from
Spoiler

But only 300 life in 5 sec should be doable.
The easiest way to sustain DD is running (or activating) an appropriate level of AA. It will even turn automatically off when DD wears out.
[Standard league - UTC +2]
"
faustian1 wrote:
Fyi ggg did f with crit mult on amys.

This was like 63 or so crit pre divine

But at the same time they remove iiq but it will still roll in the same tier. Thanks for the heads up ggg.

Yep.

I find it odd that when they released the new flat physical damage mods for bows and 2-handers, that a divine will not re-roll in the new higher ranges. But divine an amulet or quiver with legacy crit mult? Bam, you get the new lower ranges...
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Apr 23, 2014, 10:07:03 AM
"
kolp wrote:
I find it odd that when they released the new flat physical damage mods for bows and 2-handers, that a divine will not re-roll in the new higher ranges. But divine an amulet or quiver with legacy crit mult? Bam, you get the new lower ranges...

The new flat Damage modifiers are actually a different modifier, whereas the Crit Mult changed existing modifiers to roll lower values.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
kolp wrote:

The new flat Damage modifiers are actually a different modifier, whereas the Crit Mult changed existing modifiers to roll lower values.

Thanks for the clarification Vipermagi.

Sounds inconsistent is all.
-Anubis Hotep
Kinda freaky, yesterday i said here i didn't have one yet, and 3min ago Dominus drops me one

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info