Feedback: Still no shadows in the invasion top 100, despite buffs

"
"
raics wrote:
Not sure about dagger nodes, I'm strongly against being able to 'marry' to a weapon in your starting area (with the possible exception of ranger and bow), but I agree the choice of starting nodes is kinda iffy currently.

If the Ranger is shown posing with her bow in the introduction screen, and her dialogue matches it, *and many of her nodes match it* -- why is this any less restricting than the Shadow shown posing with his dagger in the introduction screen, and his dialogue matching it (one good stab, bring a stick to a knife fight, etc), and some of his nodes matching that?

Is it because the bow is a ranged weapon so people are less scared of it?

I've already noted that the dagger can be used as a very effective casting catalyst. I do it all the time.

So if the Ranger can be 'inherently' an archer (seriously, half her starting area is bow/attack speed/projectile damage), why can't the Shadow be 'inherently' a dagger user IF that dagger can be used equally well as a weapon for melee and as a focus for casting?

No, it's because bow is the only ranged weapon (that makes sense for a ranger).

If we also had crossbows, blowguns, throwing knives and javelins I'd be against weapon specializing for rangers too. As it is, all shadow-aligned skills work with claws and swords too, thrusting swords even got a crit-related implicit, same as daggers. If we had more ranged weapons ranger would have 'physical damage with ranged weapons' nodes instead of bow nodes anyway.

So no, I'm not really for making classes 'inherent users' of anything, with the possible exception of bow for ranger and wand for the witch because those are virtually their only ranged options.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 23, 2014, 3:00:51 AM
"
Escaping the starting area is a nightmare.

this guy say true!
@cthep
@MrsPoroplem
"
I don't find your reply sufficiently contradicts my statement -- you're talking about the Ranger, not the Shadow there. The 'if' of other ranged weapons is too weak to work with.

I'm not saying make half the Shadow tree dagger-centric, but at least a few more interesting clusters than merely melee. The dagger, with its global crit, has a lot more to offer than just that.

I am talking about the shadow, it's something like this:

Shadow has 1H weapon nodes which cover daggers, claws and swords which could be regarded as 'shadow-specific' weapons in regards to weapon restrictions of related skills and passive availability.

Ranger can have bow nodes because those are the only ranged weapons, if we had more ranged weapon types she would probably have 'ranged physical damage' nodes instead of bow. We currently have 'bow' nodes only because there's no need for broader scope.

Starting ares should be as general as possible, specialization comes later. But, as I was saying, I agree shadow starting area isn't characteristic enough, there are ways to give it 'shadow flavor' without tying him to daggers, maybe hybrid '1H melee damage and crit chance' nodes.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 23, 2014, 3:49:08 AM
I think a good addition to Charan's argument about the identity of the Shadow's start is that his caster side has a trio of cast speed and a trio of elemental damage. In contrast, the witch has cast speed and critical. Honestly, it makes little sense to me in terms of the identity of these two classes. However, I believe it may be related to balance instead.
Shadow has mental acuity and Spell Power...
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info