[Official] WINE info thread

"
jmackay wrote:
So I got the game working fine with WINE, but I just found a problem that appears to be irreversible.

This was my first time using Wine so I followed some instructions on Youtube on how to make the wrap, install, etc. It all worked just fine without adding any obvious bugs (the bug log said otherwise) and it all worked fine.

The only problem I've encountered was when I thought I would try full screen mode. It basically goes into full screen more, but the screen just stays black. I have no idea how to get it out of that mode without quitting the program.

I thought maybe if I created a new Wrap, and re-downloaded the game and the patch, It would bring me back to the main menu, but it opened up in full screen mode, and again the screen just stays black.

Any ideas?

Try deleting the contents of "My Games/Path of Exile" (where PoE stores is settings). It's been a while since I've used wine, but it will probably be somewhere like:

~/.wine/drive_c/users/your_user/My Documents/My Games/Path of Exile

Alternatively you could try just editing the config file in there, probably just need to change fullscreen=true to fullscreen=false

Best of luck.
"
Thomas wrote:
"
jmackay wrote:
So I got the game working fine with WINE, but I just found a problem that appears to be irreversible.

This was my first time using Wine so I followed some instructions on Youtube on how to make the wrap, install, etc. It all worked just fine without adding any obvious bugs (the bug log said otherwise) and it all worked fine.

The only problem I've encountered was when I thought I would try full screen mode. It basically goes into full screen more, but the screen just stays black. I have no idea how to get it out of that mode without quitting the program.

I thought maybe if I created a new Wrap, and re-downloaded the game and the patch, It would bring me back to the main menu, but it opened up in full screen mode, and again the screen just stays black.

Any ideas?

Try deleting the contents of "My Games/Path of Exile" (where PoE stores is settings). It's been a while since I've used wine, but it will probably be somewhere like:

~/.wine/drive_c/users/your_user/My Documents/My Games/Path of Exile

Alternatively you could try just editing the config file in there, probably just need to change fullscreen=true to fullscreen=false

Best of luck.

Thanks for your help Thomas.

I went through all the files in the GGG folder and I can't seem to find the file or folder where POE stores it's settings. I know the Content.ggpk file is where all the content is stored; when I move it out of the folder and start up the game, POE wants to re-download the game and patches. I'm assuming the settings would be stored in there, but other then that, I have no idea what file I'm looking for.

If anyone knows the name of the config file I can edit (or delete) that would be a big help. At least if I know the file extension, I can download the right program to allow me to edit.

Thanks in advance!
I love lamp
Wow, just managed to fix my problem.

I just plugged my laptop into another monitor, fired up the game, and it opened on my larger monitor just fine. So I've lowered the resolution, and all is good! It's an odd fix considering I didn't plug in my external monitor when i set up Wine/POE...
I love lamp
hm that's pretty strange. do you frequently use an external monitor? it's possible that wine's randr usage may have it choose to put the window on a display that isn't connected if you have it configured to use another monitor as your primary display.
Well I officially cant play this game anymore until I get this problem fixed. It works and then doesnt. A new error occurs and then goes away. It makes no sense.

I have been trying to run without sound but I am not to bright when it comes to using terminal :\
IGN: eNtaK
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/SihteGaming
Path of Exile New Player Area Guide Video Playlist: http://bit.ly/13BcvFr
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Sihtegaming
Last edited by Apparition on Dec 7, 2011, 5:00:22 PM
Another wine user here. No problem installing or playing. Except it is a bit slow.

www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by grabben on Dec 17, 2011, 8:23:49 AM
"
Mashekle wrote:
Lol, I thought this was going to be a thread about whining and complaining.

lol me to cuz i was just going to jump in and say spam. like i am now SPAM
rawrawr
Since the new patch I get a set of errors on attempting to log into new characters.

It starts with:
Audio/Sound Effects/Skills/Duel Strike/Duel_Strike_6.ogg: Unable to create a buffer: 40963

Then when I click "ok" three times it moves onto:
Metadata/Characters/Int/Int.act: Unable to create a buffer: 40963

After clicking the above error 3 times the game client closes.

Everything worked well before the newest patch, however now I cannot seem to get the game to run past character selection. Any ideas?

Just for clarification, I can log into my legacy characters, this happens when I attempt to log into a new character in the default league.
Thanks Buzzyyboyy
Last edited by PKP573 on Dec 22, 2011, 10:02:24 PM
"
PKP573 wrote:
Since the new patch I get a set of errors on attempting to log into new characters.

It starts with:
Audio/Sound Effects/Skills/Duel Strike/Duel_Strike_6.ogg: Unable to create a buffer: 40963

Everything worked well before the newest patch, however now I cannot seem to get the game to run past character selection. Any ideas?

Just for clarification, I can log into my legacy characters, this happens when I attempt to log into a new character in the default league.
Same thing happening to me, I'm redownloading the Content.ggpk to see if it fixes it.
El Psy Congroo.
"
Patchumz wrote:
"
PKP573 wrote:

It starts with:

Same thing happening to me, I'm redownloading the Content.ggpk to see if it fixes it.

Please let me know how it works when you finish, thanks!

Also, another update. The first error seems to change, however the last error always stays the same.
Thanks Buzzyyboyy
Last edited by PKP573 on Dec 23, 2011, 1:48:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info