[1000 sets done] Path of Dominus: How many Dom runs will bring you some "good" uniques.

Hello dulahan200 :

It's really nice to see some friends like you are doing similar runs like I do.

What I noticed from my runs are like every 50-100 sets, I will get some good uniques.
I've got 3 Tabula Rasa already, and they usually come around every 100 sets.

But, like I said, I have run almost 400 sets for now. The numbers are still not enough to "prove" anything but ideas/thoughts/guessing. After all, it's RNG and will got some random factors for sure.

I was thinking to do 1000 sets with mf, and another 1000 sets without any mf. But I don't think that I will have time to do it. However, if I can manage to do it, it probably can provide some good stats for who those are interested in this kind of information.

Voe.
did a dozen of Dominus run in the last day, got

not bad.
IGN TylordRampage
bump. great idea.

thank you for taking the time to do it.
No idea what the smart asses here are complaining about/discussing.

there is a difference between 0.1% and 0.5% chance to get something worthwhile - period,there is no discussion,it's just a plain simple good old fashioned fact.

I personally can only say thank you for doing this and providing poe community not with just theorycrafted material but genuine visible proof.

What is this i am hearing about diminishing returns? is this true or just a speculation? farming a boss causes some sort of DR to kick in? :/
No rest for the wicked.
Thank for any kind words and supporting here. I really appreciate it.

To be honest, even I do 1000 runs, I still need to do 1000 runs without mf to test the difference. But it will take a long time to do it, I honestly don't think I will go for it. But , at least I will provide some records for my mf runs.

Hopefully, these records, if not good stats, can provides some materials for anyone who is interested in this kinda stuff.

Voe.
I might run some dominus runs over the next few weeks and write down the total number of rares/uniques per run,see if diminishing returns are really there,and if they are,how bad can they get.

I tried to do it with piety,but i can't farm it since i am recording the data in txt file and i got to alt+tab,and for some reason my game crashes every 2 or 3 runs if i alt tab every time,doesn't happen on dominus tho.

But from what i managed to record,in over 100 piety runs done the same day from 1 to 100 without a break,there was no difference,lowest number of rares were 4,and highest was 13 with zero iir/iiq,the average came out at around 8,so i saw no diminishing returns,in fact i had several runs that dropped same exact number,nor did it seemed that at the end drops got fewer,it was within the same range all the time.
No rest for the wicked.
Last edited by Daiena on Apr 28, 2014, 4:56:03 PM
there is for sure a diminushing return, I got a Kaom in the first runs and didnt new one after.

( : D )
IGN TylordRampage
For the first time since I started playing this game, I finally have a character that can easily handle Dominus and/or Piety.

So, would I correct that the Dominus runs your talking about consist of you running, leaping and/or warping through everything without killing any npc's until you get to the entrance to Dominus. Thus the 4 min runs.

If so, I'm guessing that Piety is the same thingie, but probably longer to get there, correct?

Are Dominus drops better than Piety?
Are Piety drops better than Dominus?

What I'm thinking of doing is making a Piety run, then Dominus and keep switching back and forth, but never doing Dominus two times in a row, same with piety.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
"
Ishkabibble wrote:
If so, I'm guessing that Piety is the same thingie, but probably longer to get there, correct?

Are Dominus drops better than Piety?
Are Piety drops better than Dominus?

What I'm thinking of doing is making a Piety run, then Dominus and keep switching back and forth, but never doing Dominus two times in a row, same with piety.

Honestly, as long as you know how the Zone layouts usually work, you can get to and kill either of them in around 2 minutes. Though I personally think Dominus is faster to get to.

But Piety has HORRIBLE drops. Dominus drops like 2-3x more loot, and more consistently drops Uniques as a result.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Sheriff_k:

Thank you, I believe you just saved me a few wasted hours doing Piety.

Ishkabibble
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info