[1000 sets done] Path of Dominus: How many Dom runs will bring you some "good" uniques.

They are not map only drop.

Well, I am not sure about Thor's Hammer. But Soul Taker/Shav's/Crown of eyes/Kaom's Heart will drop in Dominus.

In 100 Dominus runs you only got THAT many Uniques? Really?
I have less MF than you, and I'd make that many Uniques in 15 runs...
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Sheriff, yes. I vendor'd some unique amulets by accidents, but those are pretty much what I got.
I thought this shield is only map unique?
IGN:FinishMan, BrownHallo, Maman, SpeedyJoJo, StereoCld, WildRobe, Ladyto, SpeedyJoJo.
"
Idioticus wrote:
1 in 100000 is vastly different from 1 in 25000.

First: chance of not getting what you want per run is 0.99999
Second: chance of not getting what you want per run is 0.99996
And now let's assume we made 1 thousand runs:
First: chance of still not getting what you want after thousand runs is 0.99999^1000=0.99
Second: chance of still not getting what you want after thousand runs is 0.99996^1000=0.96
That's reeeeely big difference, yeah...
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
You mean the unique shield ? I am not sure, but if it is, I might put up those uniques together in first 1-50 and some maps drop. My apologize.

And the runs went really funny. My first 1-105 didn't drop anything good, and a guild guy joined, then Tabula drop'd to him. We laugh'd so hard about it.

So it took me like 110 or so to get the first "good" unique, still wait for top uniques.

Thanks for the comments, as always.

Have a nice day/night.

Voe.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Idioticus wrote:
1 in 100000 is vastly different from 1 in 25000.

First: chance of not getting what you want per run is 0.99999
Second: chance of not getting what you want per run is 0.99996
And now let's assume we made 1 thousand runs:
First: chance of still not getting what you want after thousand runs is 0.99999^1000=0.99
Second: chance of still not getting what you want after thousand runs is 0.99996^1000=0.96
That's reeeeely big difference, yeah...

You're just depicting the same thing with different numbers so you could claim he's wrong. The ratio is still the same. One in 25k is still four times bigger than one in 100k. 0,00004% to get what you want compared to 0,00001% to get what you want is 4:1 ratio.

By that same logic, if you bought a thousand lottery tickets, your chances of winning are pretty much the same if you bought one lottery ticket. This logic is obviously flawed in so many ways.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
By that same logic, if you bought a thousand lottery tickets, your chances of winning are pretty much the same if you bought one lottery ticket. This logic is obviously flawed in so many ways.

The problem with what you're saying is that you're ignoring the size of the numbers. When numbers are incredibly large, a 4x or 10x difference in the odds isn't statistically significant. Your chances of winning the lottery are pretty much the same if you bought one thousand tickets vs. only buying one. Having a 4x greater chance to get a top tier unique only changes your odds from virtually impossible to still virtually impossible.
The only thing what would make sense would be to collect numbers like in the 6s link thread...
There are several people which did over thousand dom runs and can say if they ever dropped one of the listed Uniques
But gl anyway
^ updated for 100-150.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info