[1000 sets done] Path of Dominus: How many Dom runs will bring you some "good" uniques.

Hello, my name is Voe.
Recently, I am interested in doing some Dominus with some mf.
My target is to see how many Dominus run would it take me to get some "good" uniques.

Conclusion Updated:

I have finished 1000 runs like a couple of weeks ago. But something really bad happened and I was so upset and needed to sell some stuff to recovery my loss since I got scammed for 100 exa.

So, without any visual datas after the 650th runs, I hope you guys can still consider this as a valid testing post.

I have come up with a few conclusions, most of them are obvious, but I think I am the only one with testing date so far. If there are other posts, please let me know and forgive my ignorance.

1. GGG makes different tiers of uniques. As far as I have noticed in these runs, there are
3 tiers of uniques.

a). Toy/Useless Uniques:

Those uniques have no good stats nor special mods, they are not really help players
to lv up or even do anything about. Some of them will be a little useful if anyone
comes up with a build needs it. However, in most of cases, it's not.

And this tier dropped a lot. I got around 300-400 of them.

b. Build-making/supporting tier.

We are talking about something like Maligaro's/Rat's Nest/Tabula Rasa.
This tier of uniques will help you finish a build or even is the core of a build.
Also, their market value are in same range.

This tier of unique will be dropped around every 80-150 runs.

c. The godly uniques( I am jk, you know what I am going to talk about):
This is the best tier of uniques, it would bring so much difference if you can manage
to have it, and some of them was too gooo, even caused some balanced issue so GGG
nerf'd it. These gears include Shav's/Kaom's/Bino's and so on.

I only get one of them in 1000 runs, which was crown of eyes.

* Usually, the better they are, the more expensive they are. But there're some
exceptions as well like Oro's, Kongor, or Kaom's Primacy which were popular at the first, but became less popular later. However, their drop rate were in 2nd tier, but price are around first tier.

2. Question: So does it mean that if I run 1000 dominus like you did, I will get one of good uniques.

Honestly, if you are running same mf as mine, and you just keep farming/running, then yes, I guess there's a good chance you will get it around 1000 or maybe 1200. But it's not a statement, just based on my not-so-completed data.

3. Some notes:
I didn't happen to find any BoR which is pretty weird. Usually, when I was farming, there will be some BoR dropped. My guess is that BoR are too many so GGG doesn't wanna make it more. It does NOT mean BoR never drop again. But it will be less for a while.

Also, this statement is based on that I am assuming BoR is tier-2 which should be found in every 80-120, or 120-200 runs.

After ggg announced they are going to buff drop rates, now I feel more confident to do these conclusions. It's not a stats study or any kind of research. Just my personal data and observation.

Once again, I am from Taiwan which is a small country in Asia, English is not my native language, and I am really tired at this moment to double check my post. If there are any typos or something wrong with sentence, please forgive me. If I didn't make myself clear in any part of this post, feel free to PM me, I will reply when I am available.

Thanks,

and may the force of RNG be with you.

Voe.

The 1st answer comes out already, no.395 Dominus run:

Here are my mf gears.

With these gears, I can do one Dominus run in 4 mins with 390IIR/ 103 IIQ.

I would like to thank the owner of the mirrored mf ring, Mr. Monk, who gave me a nice discount when he knew that I am going to do a stats experiment.

Please visit his mirror service thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/717903

And, according to Chuca's study, my mf stats are good enough to get me some good drops. However, he thinks mf won't affect the good/top uniques drop. I kinda agree with him, and it's the main reason that I wanna run these sets.

If my mf is good enough, how long will it take ?

Please visit Chuca's mf balance thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/725812

I will update the result when I finish'd some sets.
Every uniques will be post'd, so we can see how it goes.

However, I will exclude the rare because I think the roll of rare gears are not decided by farming.

Anyway, wish me good luck, and may the force of RNG be with all you guys.

First 50 sets

50-100 sets

107th

2 people party

100-150

We did some party farming during these sets. And, not surprising, we got more unique from these run. I am not going to post everything again.

150-224

250-400

400-500

Last edited by Voegelin on May 19, 2014, 12:04:33 PM
bump

can dominus drop shav??
This is sad. Since when do we care about uniques?
How many dom runs will you need to do to get good uniques? 0 since you already own amazing uniques, doing more is pointless. Just use your good uniques to rape the game, you've already passed the grinding part
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
eh. it's not about grinding.

After talking to Chuca about mf balance, I was joking that I should go to farm Dom since uber Atziri is down and I have nothing to do. Then, I just want to know how many dom runs would it take me to get the good uniques with efficient mf setup.

edited:

As I was talking to Chuca, he said the top uniques(which are mainly the ones I listed in the original post) drop probably has nothing to do with mf. I kinda agree with him, but still wanna have a try. That's the only reason I wanna do these runs.

Last edited by Voegelin on Apr 21, 2014, 3:11:11 PM
Seems like a pointless exercise.

That rarity you got wont help much and it wont prove anything either. Maybe you drop it on the first day, another player puts the same IIQ/IIR, does the same runs for 6 months, doesnt drop anything. It's all RNG, nothing else. Still, good luck.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Apr 22, 2014, 1:04:34 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
Seems like a pointless exercise.

That rarity you got wont help much and it wont prove anything either. Maybe you drop it on the first day, another player puts the same IIQ/IIR, does the same runs for 6 months, doesnt drop anything. It's all RNG, nothing else. Still, good luck.

That's like saying "it doesn't matter if you're playing the lottery or tossing a coin, you either get it or you don't".

One has a 1 in 10000000 chance to win the other has a 1 in 2 chance to win.

Due to the diminishing returns, I'm not entirely sure how iir/iiq work any more, but let's assume he gets 100% increased iir and 100% increased iiq out of what he has. He has essentially quadrupled his chances for getting something.

1 in 100000 is vastly different from 1 in 25000.
Thanks for your comments.

The reason I am doing these runs is not grinding, like I said before, but to see how the game drop system work. Well, as we all know, since it's RNG, we prolly can not get any routine of it.

So, to the point of getting gears or getting rich, it's pointless indeed. But for some reasons I do enjoy watching the results.

I have finished 100 sets of Dom run. And the results are interesting. I get many (or to say, not "few" ) low-end uniques, they drop a lot. As for the good ones like BoR, Maligaro, or Alpha's, I have not seen them at all, not to mention the top unique targets I set in original post.

However, I still got something I barely found before.

It's the first time I found Doedre's Damning and Shackles of the Wretched.
As for the Darkray Vectors and Skullhead, it's the 2nd times I found them.
Last edited by Voegelin on Apr 22, 2014, 8:15:08 AM
Honestly that's kind of horrifying...it shows that 5 hours bring some passable uniques but that's about it

I mean, when you think about it, 5 hours isn't long, but for those who can't devote their lives to Path... :\
are you sure some of the uniques you're looking for aren't "map drops only"?

and my impression is that an area (not maps) has diminishing returns the longer i repeatedly farm it, i do get better orb drops when i alternate farming areas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info