FoxTactic's - Righteous Arcer\Surgeon - No update for 1.2

Hey guys, I got a 23 PoF now, at 92% max res. I am still degenerating like a few hp per second. The only nodes I have left to take now are some hp and some ele dmg. I've taken all the regen nodes as suggested MinaMing, as a shadow that is. How do I go from degen to regen here? More life won't help?

Edit: Hi! I kinda came out of nowhere and just asked for help. Wanted to start by saying thanks for an awesome guide and extremely fun build. I have, against recommendations, used this as a leveling build. It has actually been quite ok! I finally got to the point where I have 92% max fire ress, and I realise that if I get vitality from 19 to 20, I might go even at hp regen/degen. Perhaps I answered my own question there:) Hope so!

Again, would just like to say thanks for what I would call a ninja build. I use warp all the freaking time, zap zap zap, it's so fast paced, maps are actually fun. At least for now:)
Last edited by Madzak on Jan 8, 2015, 1:04:19 AM
No more life wont help. Both regen and degen are based on % life so they cancel. Post your tree. You should not be degening with ming tree.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
No more life wont help. Both regen and degen are based on % life so they cancel. Post your tree. You should not be degening with ming tree.

http://poeurl.com/zaUTodQ
That weird 6.2% regen on tree all you need at 92%. I assume you are running vit @ 20?

Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
That weird 6.2% regen on tree all you need at 92%. I assume you are running vit @ 20?

I updated my original post before you answered. Maybe not the smartest thing to do, expecting you to read it twice... But I felt I was not giving a good first impression just bluntly asking for help without no introduction and thanks to Foxman and you guys for doing some updated versions.

TL:DR My Vitality is still a teenager @19, need one more lvl.
Last edited by Madzak on Jan 8, 2015, 2:04:30 AM
"
MinaGing wrote:
Thx Fox, i think the build remains strong with the addition Herald of thunder which replaces the loss of haste. In addition, the rework of the Templar tree just makes the passive tree more efficient point-wise without the long route to marauder. The major difference is the loss of the maximum fire resistance. In patch 1.3 the build only be sitting on 92 fire resist without flask because it is not efficient point wise to go to get the +1 fire resist on the tree where life-regen is more readily available.

Sharpner, you can't.
Lv21 Purity of fire + Lv3 empower = Lv24 Purity of Fire which gives +5 maximum fire resist.
This build use aura effect nodes and buff effect nodes of 80% in total to buff the Purity of fire to give +9 maximum fire resist.

RF burns with
90% Fire resist - 11.11%hp/s <-(Lv20-22 Purity of fire)
91% Fire resist - 9.98%hp/s <-(Lv20-22 Purity of fire +Barbarism node)
92% Fire resist - 9.07%hp/s <-(Lv23+ Purity of fire)
93% Fire resist - 7.94%hp/s <-(Lv23+ Purity of fire +Barbarism node)

Current Tree Life regen
9.17% hp/s

As a result, it is highly recommended you to buy one. I believe it is around 7ex in standard league.
Alternative option: Spending points to get Arsonist (+1% life regen) and Barbarism (+1%fire resistance). This way you need to cut some damage nodes.

My 1.2 Gear

Current Stats
Hp 4.8k
Mana 264/2359
Arc 18.5k
Flame surge26k

Passive Tree
http://poeurl.com/y7JjKjS

Do you not use any curse? I can't see a curse gem slot in your setup.
"
Madzak wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I updated my original post before you answered. Maybe not the smartest thing to do, expecting you to read it twice... But I felt I was not giving a good first impression just bluntly asking for help without no introduction and thanks to Foxman and you guys for doing some updated versions.

I've done some quick maths
life regen
6.2% (from tree) + 1.6% (lv19 vitality) * 1.8 (aura&buff effect)
= 9.08% hp/s
rf burn =9.07% hp/s

Theoretically, you should be ok. you can take another life regen node near scion for now, and remove it when you get lv20 vitality.

As for curse, i don't feel curse is needed. Plus, cursing a pack slows you down.
rf arc demolish most mobs easily. If you meet a pack with lightning resist just pop atziri promise and hold down arc button for 1 sec longer. If it is a rare mob, use surge.

You can replace the scepter and shield gem setup with fox's setup if you want curse. However, the 3L cast when damage taken setup give you extra surviability against phy damage, esp when you are stunned or trying to warp out. Sometimes a warning (the immortal call animation) on reflect if you not paying attention.).
"
MinaGing wrote:
"
Madzak wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I've done some quick maths
life regen
6.2% (from tree) + 1.6% (lv19 vitality) * 1.8 (aura&buff effect)
= 9.08% hp/s
rf burn =9.07% hp/s

Theoretically, you should be ok. you can take another life regen node near scion for now, and remove it when you get lv20 vitality.

As for curse, i don't feel curse is needed. Plus, cursing a pack slows you down.
rf arc demolish most mobs easily. If you meet a pack with lightning resist just pop atziri promise and hold down arc button for 1 sec longer. If it is a rare mob, use surge.

You can replace the scepter and shield gem setup with fox's setup if you want curse. However, the 3L cast when damage taken setup give you extra surviability against phy damage, esp when you are stunned or trying to warp out. Sometimes a warning (the immortal call animation) on reflect if you not paying attention.).

Thank you for coming back to me. Appreciate it. I am fine even with the few hp per second degen untill it hits 20. I must say, when I hit 75 (could use the scepter), running a faster cast and spell echo in my helm-arc setup (my empowers are not leveled yet) this build exploded into the most fun build I've ever tried. As you say, ARC just melts everything. Btw. I am not using lightning coil either, but have no problem so far with my chest. It was one I found, and I thought the armor was nice for this build and the ES should be useful for EB.

So yeah, I agree that the curse is not needed and that it's more fast paced and automated without it:)

I'll give an update in a few weeks when I try uber :()
Last edited by Madzak on Jan 8, 2015, 8:39:35 AM
Some people pm me asking for guidance for the build. Usually, they are recurring questions of attempting to run RF without Lv24 PoF, less Aura/Buff Effect nodes etc. Hence, I will post it here

First, the concept of the build.
RF Arcer/surger attempts to run RF via using mainly Aura/buff effect nodes so as to not to stretch the tree into the Marauder part for more life regen. In addition aura/buff effect will help scale defense (Arctic Armour & Purity of Lightning which works well with Lightning Coil) and offense (Herald of Thunder, before patch 1.2 Haste)

Aura/buff effect node, lv 24 purity of fire, and the life regen nodes on my tree are mandatory unless you find another way to run RF more efficient than the current build which I am looking forward to someone finding it.

Second, just getting resist cap in merciless is not enough.
I try to over-cap at least fire resist so as to be immune to ele weakness map mods and curses namely flammability and ele weakness. In doing so you are less likely to be burnt to death by RF. Vulnerability, half regen and no regen are still going to be problematic map modes or curse to the build.

Third, I still think lightning coil is still the best chest for the build.
Carcass Jack is viable, but i don't believe inc aoe benefit the build that much. This build kill 80%+ mobs with arc.
Other rare/unique chest don't give a better or close damage migration and hp than lightning coil.

Feel free to challenge my knowledge to the build without arguments we can't push the build to the limit and make it evolves into something better.
Last edited by MinaGing on Jan 18, 2015, 8:49:01 AM
I feel stupid for asking this, but how does Fox get 100% light res with flasks? I use a lvl 3 empower with 21 PoL and have 84% light res. That is nowhere near 100%, with flasks. I just died to my first atempt on normal Atziri on the clones because of reflect. My ARC dps is 20.3k...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info