FoxTactic's - Righteous Arcer\Surgeon - No update for 1.2

"
Beholdd wrote:
Mina, how much health would RF drain without inner force? Or rather, how much health regen would I need to support it with a level 19 purity of fire + 48% aura nodes?

Also, what's flame surges tooltip dps?

Flame surge is 13K dps currently, gems are not fully leveled, check my chest piece to see the gems level.

as for rf drain, do the calculation yourself (you didn't give me necessary information)

0.9*(1+{%buff effect})*(1-{%fire resist})*100% = dmg taken by rf per sec

e.g.
26% buff effect, 92 fire resist

0.9*(1+26%)*(1-92%)*100% = 9.072% of life is burnt by rf per sec

note
1)rf is only affected by buff effect only
2)purity of fire and vitality are affected by aura effect & buff effect

PS.
I was told in-game by a guy that foxtactics suggest warlock's mark to sustain reflect when dealing with clone atziri (those nasty refect can be sustain through lifeleech, theortically).
Need to calculate the limit of rate of life leech to see if it works
Last edited by MinaGing on Sep 2, 2014, 8:03:26 AM
Thank you for the formula. Would you say a level 3 empower + level 21 purity of fire is absolutely required to run your passive tree?
"
Beholdd wrote:
Thank you for the formula. Would you say a level 3 empower + level 21 purity of fire is absolutely required to run your passive tree?

i am afraid you have to.

it is required to squeeze +8 max fire resist from purity of fire(after buff&aura effect).
else you will need an extra 1% life regen which is impossible or super difficult to get from passive tree.
"
MinaGing wrote:
"
Kilithaza wrote:
http://poeurl.com/yYm0KLC

This is my current 1.2 RF Arcer tree.

I've got Charisma simply because i need the aura effectiveness to squeeze another 1% fire res out of PoF

Ive decided not to get the marauder regen as with the current setup i don't degen but i only regen 1 life per 10 seconds, so im just relying on Leech and Ruby Flasks.

And to finish the build i'd grab Heart of Thunder and Cruel Preparation from EB.

The path you take is very interesting, mind giving us more stats on your build
I have no idea how you sustain 7.938% rf burn (with 80% combine aura+buff effect gives 93 fire resist).
Regen from tree is 4.8%, lv20 vitality with effect gives 2.97%, lv21 gives 3.06%

Im not him but I'll try to answer you questions anyway.
Let's say you have 4000 hp (which is decent and easy to theroycraft). With his passive tree he has 93% fire res with means with inner force he burns 4000*0,9*1,26 = 4536 hp/s this gets reduced by 93% res which means 317 hp/s. So we have to get 317 regen in total.

1.) As you mentioned you get 4,8% hp regen from the tree. => 192 hp/s
2.) lvl 20 Vitality with all the aura nodes gives you the 2,97% regen => 118,8 hp/s

This adds up to 310,8 regen per second. But the important part is the Rise of the Phoenix shield, giving you 6hp/s. This is the part of the shield that gets overlooked a lot.

For myself im running a lvl 22 Vitality. My Boots have an extra 2 hp/s so i could easily run lvl 20 Vitality.

This is my Passive tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHpQj0DF8MfQ18DY0PqxBYEH8TnhXnFr8XLxmKGjgajxynHNwdqiL0JLAmlSftKPosnC1HL2826TwtQYdEq0V8RZ1GcUmyUEJTNVNSU6VVS1WuVdZXK1fJWfNd8mHiZOdmnmh0akNsC2wWbRlwu3OzdhF-M35Zf8aApIIQgh6Cx4MJhtGHGYhCjDaPppBVkyeUoJeXmuCbtaSRp4SsqrQMtz686r2CwBrAVMHFxPbGnsau2L3ZE9pi2wvfit-w4YjjaukC6rrr7uwY8Gv22vno-tL7CfxL_gr-sw==

Gear:

Note: I've just skilled this char, dont mind the gems.

In my opinion its better to take the 30% spell at the start of the witch tree since it scales hugly with rf. You could get 12% castspeed for it. Haven't checked which one is better yet. But i think its the spellnodes.

With a lvl 3 Empower and only lvl 20 arc i am at 15,3k dps. You are at 15,8k with lvl 4 empower and lvl 21 arc.

Having to go into the Marauder Tree is a huge dps loss and i think its avoidable.

Last edited by broiler1337 on Sep 2, 2014, 10:25:20 AM
"
broiler1337 wrote:

This adds up to 310,8 regen per second. But the important part is the Rise of the Phoenix shield, giving you 6hp/s. This is the part of the shield that gets overlooked a lot.

For myself im running a lvl 22 Vitality. My Boots have an extra 2 hp/s so i could easily run lvl 20 Vitality.

I admit i have overlooked the life regen.
I think it is risky business to take consider #hp/s instead of %hp/s, as #hp/s does not scale with your hp pool. You put yourself in a bad spot that any increase in hp pool may screw you over (lving up gives more hp).

"
broiler1337 wrote:

Having to go into the Marauder Tree is a huge dps loss and i think its avoidable.

this is false,
Your Route:Charisma (7pts) + Scion life regen (3pts)=10pts
My Route (ignoring the extra health i took) 10pts

Your Route gives more reduced mana and aura effect

My route gives more life and flexibility (can take more regen or hp depending on needs)

I think it is safe to say the marauder tree is superior than the charisma route.

"
broiler1337 wrote:

In my opinion its better to take the 30% spell at the start of the witch tree since it scales hugly with rf. You could get 12% castspeed for it. Haven't checked which one is better yet. But i think its the spellnodes.

i am not sure too. Foxtactics got cast speed nodes in the 1.1 tree. I just follow suit. didn't do any calculation.

"
broiler1337 wrote:

With a lvl 3 Empower and only lvl 20 arc i am at 15,3k dps. You are at 15,8k with lvl 4 empower and lvl 21 arc.

Thats is because of the 70% increase(7pts) in lightning spell damage you took from the tree.
I spend 5 more pts to get flask nodes and 2 to resolve my dexterity issue.

I prefer not dying than more dmg, 10% death penalty is harsh over lv 90. Still, I have no trouble with clearing mobs so far with arc.
Last edited by MinaGing on Sep 2, 2014, 1:41:12 PM
But you wont have 4000 HP going that way broilr. Reason to go down marauder is life too. Also you take no flask effect. GL with reflect and tanking atziris stormcalls with only 94% lightning resits with flasks up. She will one shot you. Reflect mobs will burn through your less than 4000 HP in a second not to mention atziri clone.

You also use 15 pts to accomplish what 14 pts does going to maru tree
You take
2 aura effect by sovereignty which are not needed with better regen maru nodes give
3 pts of .4% regen to scion, we get regen from maru
10 pts to get charisma
---
=15

You get 1% more res though.

For 14 pts you could have more life and a little better RF sustain going down maru. And in my case more block and higher values on shield too.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHpQj0DF8MfQ18DlwQfxXnFm8WvxcvHKcc3B2qJKomlScvJ-0o-iycLR8tRy7_L2826TwtQYdFfEV-RZ1GcUmyTLNQQlNSU6VVS1XWVytXyVnzXz9h4mTnZp5nm2pDavprF2wWbRlwu3Ozd-N_xoCkghCCHoLHgwmHGYw2kFWTJ5Ugl5ea4KC0og-io6yqrj60DLc-vJ-86r2CwBrAVMHFwfPE9saexq7YvdkT2wvfit-w4YjjauOf5FHpAuq66-7sGO8O8GvzBvno-tL7qvxL_gr-sw==

"

thats because you don't spend 7pts to get flask nodes. It's easy to make DPS. Harder to survive atizri as glass cannon.

"
Foxtactics got cast speed nodes in the 1.1 tree. I just follow suit. didn't do any calculation.

Fox took cast speed because he also lightning warped everywhere not having enough regen to walk with AA. Elemental is probably superior by a small amount.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 2, 2014, 2:31:01 PM
Yea, its risky to calculate with #hp/s. just wanted to say it is possible even with lvl 20 Vitality.
As i said im running a lvl 22 Vitality for my self and regening a bit. I have to see if i can even drop Charisma and skill more hp with it. I'm at 4k atm with my bad gear. With mings i'd be at around 4,2k compared to his 4,4k.
I'm not running aztiri atm, and not intending to do so for now, but you are right. I'd have to skill flask nodes for her.
Would be a big thing if this works without charisma, gonna test it tomorrow.

My first passive tree looked very similar to Aim_deeps. I also took the blocknodes but decieded to try my tree first.

Anyway, i think rf arc is still strong, even after the nerf.
I just changed whole build to a double curser RF arcer (see helmet) DPS stays same 12K for me but massive hidden DPS. either run double damage curse like conductiveity and elemental weakness. Or massive life heal Warlords mark + elemental weakness.

Fight easy. Just cast double curse Arc at start of fighting. then everything is double curse. Then immediately move to regular arc.

New Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwelCPQMXwx9EFgQfxEPFLAWbxcvGGoaOBynHRQfAiSqJNgnLyftKPosnC7_L28yNDbpOlg8LUGHRZ1JskwtU1JTpVXGVdZXK1gHXypfP2TnZp5nm2pDbBZtGXC7dhF343gvfOV-r4CkghCCHoLHg9uFbYbRhxmIQo9GkFWa4JuhoLSiD6cIp4SsmK4-tz64k7yfvOq9gsAawFTBxcT2xp7GrtWB2L3ZE9rd2wvfit-w42rjn-RR5OzpAuvk6-7sGO8O8wb31_no-tL7qvxL_gr-sw==

Why I change? Because even with 96% lightning res under flask I still had problem with relfects. They really screwed us with elemental adaptation gone.:(

Sure no flame surge anymore but really you don't need DPS is like double for arc when double cursing.

Atziri come soon as I get to home computer. cant play that at work.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 2, 2014, 5:07:39 PM
Hi im thinking of doing a respec with my lvl85 shadow, I have a few questions, could i run alphas howl to get the +2 to pof, i may only have the funds for a lvl 21 pof. I like aim deeps build but i think i would need to follow the more typical path to move out of shadow tree. Im guessing the rf provides quite a boost over the normal arc build? I have a 6l lc and can farm (with my rf)atziri for the doryani items. Sorry if the questions have all been answered before im not very used to arc builds playing more molten strike, rf and elemetntal buzzsaw so far. Many thanks fhark
Last edited by Fhark on Sep 7, 2014, 3:35:43 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I just changed whole build to a double curser RF arcer (see helmet) DPS stays same 12K for me but massive hidden DPS. either run double damage curse like conductiveity and elemental weakness. Or massive life heal Warlords mark + elemental weakness.

Fight easy. Just cast double curse Arc at start of fighting. then everything is double curse. Then immediately move to regular arc.

New Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwelCPQMXwx9EFgQfxEPFLAWbxcvGGoaOBynHRQfAiSqJNgnLyftKPosnC7_L28yNDbpOlg8LUGHRZ1JskwtU1JTpVXGVdZXK1gHXypfP2TnZp5nm2pDbBZtGXC7dhF343gvfOV-r4CkghCCHoLHg9uFbYbRhxmIQo9GkFWa4JuhoLSiD6cIp4SsmK4-tz64k7yfvOq9gsAawFTBxcT2xp7GrtWB2L3ZE9rd2wvfit-w42rjn-RR5OzpAuvk6-7sGO8O8wb31_no-tL7qvxL_gr-sw==

Why I change? Because even with 96% lightning res under flask I still had problem with relfects. They really screwed us with elemental adaptation gone.:(

Sure no flame surge anymore but really you don't need DPS is like double for arc when double cursing.

Atziri come soon as I get to home computer. cant play that at work.

Like your idea, could you do Atziri?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info