FoxTactic's - Righteous Arcer\Surgeon - No update for 1.2

i personally love this build, it's like the only so called 'cheap' but also considered fairly expensive, build that can do uber. lets just hope that it still can even after the patch.
Even cheaper was RF.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
I dont know about cheap. Gems you need to do any DPS and have these 95-96% resistances are huge. Yes you don't need a 6L chest but Vertex, highest ES/armor/life/res gear to run auras and have mana to case spell are not cheap. 23 PoF 23 PoL to get going not cheap. I cheat and use a +1 glove and level 2 empower with 20's but otherwise 21s will cost 14ex ea and emp3 another 14ex. So like 40 ex just to get your purity auras up.

Cheap is slightredeyes incinerate max spell block build. Highest price item is rathpith for 15 chaos. Nolifer's double cursing RF maru I did was very cheap. Both very atriri capable. I'm sure there are more.

Anyway yeah we can still do this build but much luster is lost come patch. We losing about 3-4 max resits on tree and maybe another 3 max resits from flasks buff unless we take it which is much harder to get to. So 7-8% max resits lost means we will take huge damage from atziri even though we can still run RF with much improved life regen nodes. We lose some DPS too. OFC we will try it on new tree but I have to question if just playing standard arcer isnt better and getting all the lightning bonuses. Hope we get a couple repecs lol.

Say Atriri lighting calls hit for 30,000 each in standard and 60,000 in uber. These number are about right IME.

30,000 with only 93% lighting now (10% flask + 83% new max) vs 100% before means she will hit you for 2100 HP in standard - you can survive one with flask up. (does she ever cast just 1 lol)

Uber @60,000 she hits you for 4200 HP with 93% lightning res each blast. Two your dead. Any follow up damage before you can heal up you're dead.

Gets way more hard.

EDIT
Dragon said maybe they will lower damage or only one build can beat Atzriri. We have to wait and see full patch notes to really tell.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 16, 2014, 8:46:45 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Honestly this build is still very doable - we sustained RF with 95% fire resits and a mere 3% life regen from tree + vit aura. (fox and 93+ players did 96%) We are losing 2% fire resits with elemental adaptation gone. Meaning we have to make up 2% with regen. If you look at the regen nodes they have been buffed significant .4 to .6 in many case and added ones even. No worries. Only difference is Atziri will hit you harder with less fire resits.

We are losing 3 max resist (the max resist from elemental adaptation and iron skin are gone).
Our physical resistant too will lower because of the lower lightning max resistant, more converted lightning damage (from lightning coil) taken. Lets us just pray that 6.9 % life regen from passive tree is sufficient to run righteous fire on the build without dying.

Now, I understand what Foxtactics mean of "clinch to whats left of arc".

Nonetheless, I spend sometime to capture the essence of the foxtactics righteous arcer/surger and recreate a new passive skill tree for the build in patch 1.2. I think i did a pretty good job. My new tree have similar stats with Foxtactics.

https://www.poebuilder.com/builds/avaris-new-righteous-arcer

However, there may be some problems with the mana pool because of the reduced reserved mana nodes nerf and much smaller % increase on both energy shield and maximum mana. Might need to drop Haste and replace it with disipline or vaal Haste instead.

Please comment on the tree to help me improve it.
Last edited by MinaGing on Aug 17, 2014, 9:56:10 AM
Yes I correct myself to 3 right above your post (we actually lose 4% lightning cause no one will go there). Your tree seems solid enough. I don't think we can survive atzriri direct hits or her clones reflect without the flask buff nodes though so I will pick them.
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMASbIC4welghDfsCycdhEQWN-KakPAVAj0axe86tsLgh7B85Ugf8aio8HFL2_ZE3C77BiDCUZxtAyTJxzcYeJVS4w2UEItRw-rFr8mlZu1UzUaj_ba-wkZilfJDXzquij6U1JFnZrg6-7GnhB_DH2CxzWS2L3-Crc-QYf56MEEeWgLYXgNqW618l8_Lv-iDycv459TpQxfHKfGrocZbBb8SyftxPY8LayqZp7AGlnzVdZk5xcv-tKApBo4p4SQVRZvJKo26eNq4YgdquTsMjQfAgQHTLMtH2r6DlxFfryf7w4=

6.9% regen is fine. We only used 3% from tree before. We lose 3% fire resits and we need 3% regen to overcome that. So really only 6% regen is needed total from tree. Your tree has 0.9% better regen.

Lightning coil is still the chest of choice IMO
Lighting coil mitigation before = 40 x .87 = 34.8%
Lightning coil mitigation 1.2 will = 40 x .83 = 33.2%

Still boss mode with Arctic armors.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 17, 2014, 12:57:15 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Yes I correct myself to 3 right above your post (we actually lose 4% lightning cause no one will go there). Your tree seems solid enough. I don't think we can survive atzriri direct hits or her clones reflect without the flask buff nodes though so I will pick them.
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMASbIC4welghDfsCycdhEQWN-KakPAVAj0axe86tsLgh7B85Ugf8aio8HFL2_ZE3C77BiDCUZxtAyTJxzcYeJVS4w2UEItRw-rFr8mlZu1UzUaj_ba-wkZilfJDXzquij6U1JFnZrg6-7GnhB_DH2CxzWS2L3-Crc-QYf56MEEeWgLYXgNqW618l8_Lv-iDycv459TpQxfHKfGrocZbBb8SyftxPY8LayqZp7AGlnzVdZk5xcv-tKApBo4p4SQVRZvJKo26eNq4YgdquTsMjQfAgQHTLMtH2r6DlxFfryf7w4=

6.9% regen is fine. We only used 3% from tree before. We lose 3% fire resits and we need 3% regen to overcome that. So really only 6% regen is needed total from tree. Your tree has 0.9% better regen.

Lightning coil is still the chest of choice IMO
Lighting coil mitigation before = 40 x .87 = 34.8%
Lightning coil mitigation 1.2 will = 40 x .83 = 33.2%

Still boss mode with Arctic armors.

If the flask nodes can make topaz flask increases our maximum lightning resistance by 14% (4% extra), I think it is crucial for us to have it to deal with nasty reflects. However the route you take is not efficient.

There are two routes.
Take my original route and branch out. My rationale of going through Practical Application is because it was the 2 shortest route. Moreover the nodes are pretty useful. Avoid interruption is nice. 20 Dexterity allow easier gearing and not having to spent 1 more passive point to run arctic armor. (Not sure if ggg is trolling, that 1 point of Dexterity away to run lv20 arctic armor without dexterity gear)

Another route is the critical strike chance route to link to the flask nodes. Since arc is getting 4-> 5% critical chance buff and it is the shortest route, it might be worthwhile to take this route in patch 1.2.
Last edited by MinaGing on Aug 17, 2014, 2:08:13 PM
True also I want to try this route to Marauder regen for additional block to make up for Lightning coils less mit.

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMASbIC4welghDfsCycdhEQWN-KakPAVAj0axe86tsLgh7B85Ugf8aio8HFL2_ZE3C77BiDCUZxtAyTJxzcYeJVS4w2UEItRw-rFr8mlZu1UzUaj_ba-wkZilfJDXzquij6U1JFnZrg6-7GnhB_DH2Cx9i9_gq3PkGH-ehTpQxfHKfGrocZbBb8SyftxPY8LayqZp7AGlnzVdZk5xcv-tKApBo4p4SQVRZvJKo26eNq4YgdquTsMjQfAgQHTLMtH2r6DlxFfmeb5FH7qqC08wZfPy7_og-8n-8OJy_jn64-d-M=

my gear has dex so I forget to spec it sorry.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 17, 2014, 1:39:40 PM
After some considerations (thanks to Ziggyd's video on the flasks nodes), I think the build will be much stronger both survivability and damage-vise (If you use atziri promise) when those flask nodes are taken.

So I have modified the tree for the sake of getting those nodes.

https://www.poebuilder.com/builds/avaris-new-righteous-arcer

If you are have less points to spend. Just drop out some of the life nodes or damages nodes in the shadow tree.
Last edited by MinaGing on Aug 17, 2014, 2:42:10 PM
deleted
Last edited by thewrongthing on Aug 18, 2014, 9:38:17 AM
I think youre posting in wrong thread. We run Righteous Fire in here to double our DPS. You can't with that build.
--------------------------

Ming I like you crit idea but i'm still going down through block nodes to maru. 7% more block more life more armor and ES from our shield for same points.

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMASbIC4welghDfsCyc34pqQ8BUCPRrF7zq2wuCHsHzlSB_xqKjwcUvb9kTcLvsGIMJRnG0DJMnHNxh4lVLjDZQQi1HD6sWvyaVm7VTNRqP9tr7CRmKV8kNfOq6KPpTUkWdmuDr7saeEH8MfYLH2L3-Crc-QYf56FOlDF8cp8auhxlsFvxLJ-3E9jwtrKpmnsAaWfNV1mTnFy_60oCkGjinhJBVFm8kqjbp42rhiB2qTLMtH2r6DlxFfmeb5FH7qqC08wZfPy7_og-8n-8OJy_jn64-d-Ous0GWBULQ9RXn8Gtzs0V8l5c=

I actually USE RF to it's fullest in this build to face tank and arc/surge. I don't use a IC setup. I need the melee defense.

You almost triple your RF damage this way and give wider area for burning effect for surge.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 18, 2014, 3:15:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info