Why does Spectral Throw have a different progression?

No other skill was named. It wasn't an official response from GGG. It was just the best reason anyone offered. I don't think that is the actual reason, but GGG never responded.
Comparing Barrage with Spectral Throw is like comparing Firestorm with a GMP-Spark.

Clearly, one skill is designed for single and one for multi target/front dps. Thats why the scaling is different, imo.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Astarte911 wrote:
Comparing Barrage with Spectral Throw is like comparing Firestorm with a GMP-Spark.

Clearly, one skill is designed for single and one for multi target/front dps. Thats why the scaling is different, imo.

That was just an one skill I picked, but it could be split arrow or w/e.
English is not my first language.
"
digdigo wrote:
"
Astarte911 wrote:

Same with with split arrow, its front dps, while ST is clearly aoe :D
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Astarte911 wrote:
"
digdigo wrote:
"
Astarte911 wrote:

Same with with split arrow, its front dps, while ST is clearly aoe :D

Ground Slam, Cleave, Reave... All attack skills but ST scale physical damage.
I'm really not sure why this is still a question. The answer has been given. It originally didn't scale all damage. However, it was vastly overpowered for races, and, as such, they had to nerf the early game power. The power later on wasn't unfair, so they made it scale from a lower point to where it used to be... It's simply the solution GGG had in this one case. If they retained the damage, it would continue to be used by every racer. If they lowered the damage completely, it wouldn't be used in maps. They took the middle route and made it more fair in races, yet competitive in maps.
Do you think they will change the way it interacts with auras or change auras? I'm not saying buzzsaw build is broken or anything, but
It is the flavor of the month and it is quite strong, GGG likes to balance such builds.
Races are *the* competitive metagame for PoE. ST was *vastly* OP for races, but not so at high levels, so they had to make it scale to do worse at low levels and about the same (actually a bit better now) at high levels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info