Why does Spectral Throw have a different progression?

Spectral Throw is a ranged attack that hit multiple times. It does remind me a lot of Barrage, both these skills hit multiple times per animation.

Barrage has a damage effectiness of 40% for every level and increases its physical by 4% each level. Spectral Throw deals 46% of base damage (damage effectiness) on level 1 (+1% for each level) and increases its projectiles damage by 3% each level. What made Spectral Throw different from other skills (level progression scaling also elemental damage)?
English is not my first language.
cus GGG 2 lazy to make other ranged weapons with only having bows and wands

so to fix that make a OP spell that can turn any melee weapon in to ranged attack
"
lolbam wrote:
cus GGG 2 lazy to make other ranged weapons with only having bows and wands

so to fix that make a OP spell that can turn any melee weapon in to ranged attack

OK I guess you have the right to think that way. Next?
Because they couldn't figure out a better way to make it weaker (since it's extremely strong on paper, and great early on before supports are an issue), but keep it strong late game (because it has bad supports).

If they ever come up with more/better supports for it later on than PPAD and LMP/GMP, then they should be able to bring its damage down for good and not have it gain Damage Effectiveness as it levels.
Last edited by pneuma on Apr 20, 2014, 10:12:06 PM
First I'd like to say I do NOT agree with this being moved to Gameplay Discussion.

"
pneuma wrote:
Because they couldn't figure out a better way to make it weaker (since it's extremely strong on paper, and great early on before supports are an issue), but keep it strong late game (because it has bad supports).

If they ever come up with more/better supports for it later on than PPAD and LMP/GMP, then they should be able to bring its damage down for good and not have it gain Damage Effectiveness as it levels.

It's not only about Support gems, but also jewelry and auras! And how is it any different from Barrage when it comes to "not" having good supports?
"
First I'd like to say I do NOT agree with this being moved to Gameplay Discussion.

But it's gameplay discussion...

It's a different skill so it scales differently. Barrage has far more single DPS potential but has its own unique mechanics that hold it back(misses at range).
The simplest answer to your question is that early game Spectral Throw is a little too badass. As such, they scaled down the early power of the gem and made it scale back up to where it was.

As for the move, you're not giving feedback and the question is related to the game. Therefore, logically, you are asking to discuss something about gameplay.
"
Xikorut wrote:
As for the move, you're not giving feedback and the question is related to the game. Therefore, logically, you are asking to discuss something about gameplay.

It was on general discussion.
I asked a very similar ? in feedback, but it never got answered. My ? was Why does Spectral Throw gain %Projectile Damage every level while skills like Barrage, Rain Of Arrows & Split Arrow got %Physical Damage every Level. It clearly effects Elemental Bow users Dps. As the % to Physical damage is very minimal added dps compared to % Projectile Damage. The best response I was given was they wanted different skills to scale differently.
Last edited by nekroSTD on Apr 20, 2014, 11:43:03 PM
"
nekroSTD wrote:
The best response I was given was they wanted different skills to scale differently.

Is there any other skill as example?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info