Leaving feedback on why I'm leaving

"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
But we're going to try Tera and we are crossing our fingers that it doesn't lock end game content on us, behind a bunch of invisible RNG.

You leave PoE for Tera? Haha...thats a good one! XD

I mean Tera is an amazing MMO, especially the combat system rocks, but some facts about endgame:

- grind: no maps, but dungeons....the same two, three dungeons over an over. drops are...hey its a korean game, right! :P for dungeons you need a group....always! dungeons have downtime (several hours).
- RNG: instead of linking yr stuff, you have to enchant it....and believe me thats same, when not even worse, RNG than linking in PoE. You will wish you can just buy the stuff, but you cannot, as most stuff is account bound.
- pay2win: if you make monthly subscription, you get huge advantage over free players like xp boost, gold boost, free gifts, less dungeon downtime etc.
- crafting is mainly useless, except from some super rare crafting materials which allow you to craft very powerful weapon. but dont even think about it. you need so many of these rare mats, that you get frustrated even before you started farming it. and they drop only from dungeons.
- lags! yes, tera has lag problems since beginning and it was never ever fixed. very good when in dungeon and boss is doing his oneshoot attack.
- bosses do many one shot attacks! Dodge or die! OMG!!!!
- bosses have enrage timer....either you have the gear (enchanting RNG ftw) to nuke him down fast enough or group is wiping.
- half year after release everybody was crying "Tera is dead!" "buff loot drops and less RNG with enchanting"

Good thing Tera is still there, which gives me faith for PoE.

TLTR....cya soon back in PoE! :P
Last edited by OleOlof on Apr 16, 2014, 1:55:01 PM
"
artojas wrote:
"
b15h09 wrote:
"
Neikius wrote:
Diablo2 one of the inspirations for this game had tons of RNG.

Diablo 2 had well thought out RNG. It didn't just throw the whole god damn table at you, it gave you sections of a table, and you could control what section you were rolling from.

totally helped with best case of 1/30k death's web drop from baal, which was build enabling for psn novamancers, pls stahp

Nice to have, but not necessary or build enabling. That goes with pretty much anything in D2. You could make a lot of crap work, because the game was relatively easy.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"

Nice to have, but not necessary or build enabling. That goes with pretty much anything in D2. You could make a lot of crap work, because the game was relatively easy.

Could say the same about a lot of PoE. You can make a lot of crap work with minimal gear. Just like D2 you have a lot more options if you actually get specific gear.
"
kasub wrote:
"

Could say the same about a lot of PoE. You can make a lot of crap work with minimal gear. Just like D2 you have a lot more options if you actually get specific gear.

Sure, but what you can't say is that PoE is tuned to drop level appropriate loot. You get the whole damned shebang, right down to the bottom of the barrel shit.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
I will keep this short and sweet, I'm not looking for a discussion. Just want to leave some feedback for GGG.

I got locked out of exploring content by RNG a multitude of times. Close to a dozen times just when I thought I was having some success with map drops BAM! A bad streak of luck and down to the 69-72 map pool... I have been around long enough ( 20 ish 80+ characters, several deleted ) to know that it was just bad luck. That does not make it any less frustrating. If you look at the guild I'm in there are 25ish of us, and ALL but 4 have left permanently. After today it will be 1, and I am sad to report that I have been around since the start and ALL ( literally ALL ) of the others left for the same frustration over gated content.

I also never got to fight atziri because I couldn't find a sacrifice at noon of all things. I got the other 3 including midnights. This really sucked because there were a couple of us hoping to have some laughs and get our asses handed to us in this fight.

Sayonara, it was a fun ride over the last couple years. But we're going to try Tera and we are crossing our fingers that it doesn't lock end game content on us, behind a bunch of invisible RNG.

Thanks for the fun times.

Have FUN playing Tera, and remember that you don't have to do every quest ;)

The +1 about Tera is that it doesn't feel as tedious to grind stuff compared to similar games.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info