Account Stolen

I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your stuff, and I am sorry that we have to have the policy of not performing replacements when people have their accounts compromised.

I understand that other companies will happily restore things several times per account, but we just cannot accept the level of economic damage that would cause to the game. Being able to duplicate (or essentially tradehack) items by writing to support for a restore is just not something we can allow.

While I have extreme confidence in our security, we are looking into ways that we can help users keep their credentials safe (such as receiving emails to access accounts or preventing access from foreign IPs). I hope to have more updates on these security changes in the coming weeks.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I completely agree that restoring deleted characters would be really useful. We're changing over to a system of soft-deletes rather than hard-deletes so that we can do this in the future. I'm sorry that it's not in yet.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Kelderoth wrote:

Your news, with other words you failed in security and those who were affected by your (GGG not you personally) mistake just left as is?

We rapidly turned the servers off, fixed the problem and repaired the damage.

"
Kelderoth wrote:

So with other words you could also say you encourage theft, due to not removing the items / giving them back to owners, and allowing to freely trade them?

We don't have the resources, manpower or technology to investigate theft that comes from people losing their passwords to phishing mails, keyloggers in cheat programs, external fansite database compromises, etc. We do have to improve people's awareness of all the ways that attackers can try to steal their passwords. I hope that we'll make big strides on that in the coming days.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info