Account Stolen

I was playing and all of a sudden I got kicked out because someone entered my account, first thing I did was switching password, but all the characters got deleted.
Standard IGN : ObIivious
Anarchy IGN : SuckySuckyBoomBoom , Sunfreakz
That is scary.
Im sorry to tell you but you are the one responsible for your password and it's safety. If you lost it via a keylogger or either by giving it to someone, then noone can help you.
There is technically no possibility of losing account via somebodys esle fault.
Well, no one else knows my password, and I don't have any keylog on my computer after running all possible antivirus/malware softwares.

No items got transferred or deleted, only the characters, so it shouldn't cause much trouble to GGG to solve my issue I guess.
"
Boomfly wrote:
Im sorry to tell you but you are the one responsible for your password and it's safety. If you lost it via a keylogger or either by giving it to someone, then noone can help you.

Edit: The bug where players log in to the wrong account only affected people queued on a login server where that login server had also crashed. We have a fix for this that we are implementing and will test/build/deploy soon.

Official news.

But good that you are so well informed m8t.
I feel for you. I've had my account stolen today as well despite taking recommended precautions to avoid it. It sucks. Hope you can find the problem and get it sorted out.

"
Boomfly wrote:

Not true. GGG just mentioned a problem earlier in the week that allowed access to other people's accounts due to the queue system having a bug. It's been patched now, but that doesn't mean it's impossible for something to ever go wrong again. The OP's problem was overwhelmingly likely caused by security problems on their end, but it's no ALWAYS the user's fault.

At the very least, have some sympathy for someone that just had their day ruined.
Are you sure?
Because i seem to remember a post about the potability of being disconnected to the log in screen and trying to log back in, in some cases showing a blank char sheet...to which the solution was to log right out then relog.

I know for me personally that if there's a DC i cant log in straight away and have to restart the client but it works.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Are you sure?
Because i seem to remember a post about the potability of being disconnected to the log in screen and trying to log back in, in some cases showing a blank char sheet...to which the solution was to log right out then relog.

I know for me personally that if there's a DC i cant log in straight away and have to restart the client but it works.

I am sure because they created a character named "ahhahaha"
btw., my char is sweeped clean + the stash as well.

Here a post from another thread:

Well a similar issue here :(

I logged off yesterday 29.01 at aprox., 3:30 at the night (UTC+1) and logged in yesterday at 17:45 29.01.

My whole gear + gems and Orbs is missing, so looks like I got hacked.

Chars are still there but with almost no gear (they just left some twink stuff and items for vendor)

Wrote a pm here in forum aswell as an email to support but still nothing :(

I am afraid thats it :/

Edit:

Well, i got an answer from Henry :) that he passed my issue to the devs and they will investigate it. That was yesterday evening.
Today I send a "reminder" email, questioning when I could expect an answer, got that back:

"The problem is that our Dev team is extremely swamped with issues at the moment, so there isn't anything else I can do really.
I understand your concerns as it is a very serious matter."

But I'm afraid it's not Blizzard and all I get back is - we are so sorry but can't do anything.
Well speculation for sure, I hope everything turns out well for me :( Level 65 Ranger with pretty descent equip was grinding a3 merciless and now with absolutly no gear is not a good deal at all. Despite the fact all of the orbs, gcps and the whole "Economy" I build up is gone aswell.

Drama :D

Well I just hope there will be some answers, and I hope there is something to hope for :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/79685/page/2/#p970094
"
obliviousz wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Are you sure?

I am sure because they created a character named "ahhahaha"

Sorry but i laughed hard at that, GGG don't store the passwords only a hash for it if your account is compromised it something on your end unfortunetly
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jan 31, 2013, 2:49:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info