[1.1.2] 2 Glacial Cascade builds [EB - MoM - AA] and [Evasion - AA - 3x60% auras] - 13.04.2014

Hello Exiles!

I would like to show you my Glacial Cascade build I made on Ambush. In theory it should work on Invasion too.

Feel free to suggest improvements or just tell me what you think. :)

Build 1 [EB - MoM - AA]
Spoiler

Build

Stats at level 75 with level 17 gems
Spoiler

Gear at level 75
Spoiler

Gems and Links
Spoiler

- Glacial Cascade - Faster Casting - Added Chaos Damage - Concentrated Effect - Life Leech - (Knockback ?? maybe ??)
- Grace - Discipline - Clarity - Reduced Mana
- Arctic Armor / Enfeeble / Portal
- Lightning Warp - Reduced Duration - Faster Casting
- Cast when Damage Taken (lv4) - Enduring Cry (lv7) - Molten Shell (lv9) - Immortal Call (lv5)
- Spell Totem - Summon Skeletons - Faster Casting - Blind

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Help Oak
Cruel: Kill All
Merciless: Kill All

Few important things to know about this build
Spoiler

- Tooltip DPS seems to be low but it's important to remember that Glacial Cascade hits multiple times per cast (minimum 2, very often 3 times). So on average my real dps is 2,5 times better.
Also my damage will get better with higher level gems (still 3 levels to go), quality on gems, extra cast speed I have planned on the skill tree, better gear.

- +20% AoE on Carcass jack and +12% on the skill tree counters the -30% from Concentrated Effect, that's all I want, that's all I need. Increasing it more could be a bad thing considering how this skill works.

- Why Added Chaos Damage and not Cold or Lightning? I scale the damage with AoE damage, Spell Damage and Cast Speed, in this case Chaos is just better. This also gives you 3 diffrent types of damage to deal with resistances (except Aristocrats, they are pain in the butt :) )and you don't have to worry about reflect.

Build 2 [Evasion - AA - 3x60% auras]

CantripN suggested Templar aura nodes and Haste aura. I decided to try it so I changed my first build a little bit and ended up with what's below. Also I didn't need Discipline anymore so I replaced it with Hatred for a little bit extra damage.

Spoiler

Build

Stats at level 80 with level 18 gems
Spoiler

Gear at level 80
Spoiler

Gems and Links
Spoiler

- Glacial Cascade - Faster Casting - Added Chaos Damage - Concentrated Effect - Life Leech - (Knockback ?? maybe ??)
- Grace - Haste - Clarity - Reduced Mana
- Arctic Armor / Enfeeble / Portal
- Lightning Warp - Reduced Duration - Faster Casting
- Cast when Damage Taken (lv4) - Enduring Cry (lv7) - Molten Shell (lv9) - Immortal Call (lv5)
- Hatred - Reduced Mana

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Help Oak
Cruel: Kill All
Merciless: Kill All

Few important things to know about this build
Spoiler

- Tooltip DPS seems to be low but it's important to remember that Glacial Cascade hits multiple times per cast (minimum 2, very often 3 times). So on average my real dps is 2,5 times better.
Also my damage will get better with higher level gems (still 2 levels to go), quality on gems, extra cast speed I have planned on the skill tree, better gear.

- +20% AoE on Carcass jack and +12% on the skill tree counters the -30% from Concentrated Effect, that's all I want, that's all I need. Increasing it more could be a bad thing considering how this skill works.

- Why Added Chaos Damage and not Cold or Lightning? I scale the damage with AoE damage, Spell Damage and Cast Speed, in this case Chaos is just better. This also gives you 3 diffrent types of damage to deal with resistances (except Aristocrats, they are pain in the butt :) )and you don't have to worry about reflect.

At this point I consider both builds done. I have no interest in leveling it anymore.
Both builds were a lot of fun to play but the grind past level 80 is just not fun at all. But that's another story. :)

Have fun!
Last edited by DeXoteric on Apr 13, 2014, 9:31:56 AM
Hatred or added fire damage not worth it because of the 50/50 nature of the skill?
Hey, I really like your build. I posted my own thread on a glacial cascade witch, built around crit, but it seemed to scale really poorly later. I like your idea of using carcass jack and getting aura nodes and using grace along with IR and MOM. I'm using respec pts and few regrets to change my build around and maybe I might switch to yours. :)
ign: BeastModeNeedSkittles
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
Hatred or added fire damage not worth it because of the 50/50 nature of the skill?

Yea, I don't think scaling physical damage on GC is worth it. At least not in this build.

Maybe, just maybe Hatred would work if you go massive +% cold/elemental damage and replace Added Chaos with Cold.

And Added Fire Damage could work with some kind of Avatar of Fire + Cold to Fire build with +% fire/elemental damage.

But again, in this build it's not worth it.

"
SliMjiM811 wrote:
Hey, I really like your build. I posted my own thread on a glacial cascade witch, built around crit, but it seemed to scale really poorly later. I like your idea of using carcass jack and getting aura nodes and using grace along with IR and MOM. I'm using respec pts and few regrets to change my build around and maybe I might switch to yours. :)

Thanks! I'm glad you like it :)
Nice build :). So this build is not focusing on crit right (as opposed to classic Freezing Pulse build ).

Interesting plan. You're leveling it like an EK caster would in terms of tree (except 2 AoE nodes).

Since I've played that, with more or less the same tree, I can tell you you'll have 1 more Aura if you take the Templar Aura nodes, be it Hatred or Haste.

Looks like a good plan for this build, and as I hinted, you can use EK for "AoE" and GC for "Single Target" (in which case I'd run Hatred). You can also not run grace and just run Haste instead, since at high levels AA is more than enough unless you face-tank bosses.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 12, 2014, 8:21:42 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
Interesting plan. You're leveling it like an EK caster would in terms of tree (except 2 AoE nodes).

Since I've played that, with more or less the same tree, I can tell you you'll have 1 more Aura if you take the Templar Aura nodes, be it Hatred or Haste.

Looks like a good plan for this build, and as I hinted, you can use EK for "AoE" and GC for "Single Target" (in which case I'd run Hatred). You can also not run grace and just run Haste instead, since at high levels AA is more than enough unless you face-tank bosses.

Hmm interesting. I tried Haste just now (removed Grace for now) and I enjoy the extra 400dps at lv1. But my physical damage reduction without Grace went down to just 20% and I'm not sure if I like it. I'm gonna run some more maps and see. :)

Running 3x 60% auras would be nice too but I'm not sure where to find extra 5 skill points to get there and if my math is correct it would leave 600-700 free mana for MoM which could be too low.

However if I remove IR, MoM and all points up to Reflexes node then maybe I could run this build on evasion + AA. I'm not sure if that would work since I always thought you need decent armor to make AA more efficient but it's something to consider.
Last edited by SliMjiM811 on Apr 12, 2014, 4:46:33 PM
"
marlev wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:

Hmm interesting. I tried Haste just now (removed Grace for now) and I enjoy the extra 400dps at lv1. But my physical damage reduction without Grace went down to just 20% and I'm not sure if I like it. I'm gonna run some more maps and see. :)

Running 3x 60% auras would be nice too but I'm not sure where to find extra 5 skill points to get there and if my math is correct it would leave 600-700 free mana for MoM which could be too low.

However if I remove IR, MoM and all points up to Reflexes node then maybe I could run this build on evasion + AA. I'm not sure if that would work since I always thought you need decent armor to make AA more efficient but it's something to consider.

Hey if you're considering removing IR and all the points leading upto MOM, you should try using a cloak of defiance. Not only does it give you MOM for free but it also gives you that extra 10% mana shield. With the points saved you can get more ES/mana nodes to increase your mana shield pool as well as more life for that extra security. Also, you can still use grace to help you dodge attacks in endgame (which I feel is better than flat armor). You still have arctic armour as your primary defense. When you add high evasion into the mix, as well as shield block, mana shield, and CWDT gems, it should be sufficient for endgame. This is what I'm personally going for :)
I added new build. Let me know what you think. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info