Endgame Solutions - The ultimative Endgame Patch in a Sandbox Environment

"
LSN wrote:
I agree that PvP will never be balanced. This is what I mentioned in my original post a well (which you totally didn't read). PvP is not even the core of the idea. It can be implemented later on in hundreds of different ways tho (while being imbalanced).

You are basically off-topic with all your last posting. PvP is even in the game at this very moment while not being balanced at all. Why could PvP that is impossible to balance be a reason to not implement endgame PvE stuff is what you should explain me instead of writing a full page of useless since well known information.

Obviously when refering to something that only you wrote that you even understood yourself as being directed to you, I don't need to quote you at all.

No, I did read your OP. I also posted that to reiterate it, but you didn't seem to get that.

You might want to think about what you're suggesting before pushing someone off by pointing the same thing out over and over.

"
Obviously when refering to something that only you wrote that you even understood yourself as being directed to you, I don't need to quote you at all.

Not everyone has unlimited time to look at and read every single post, especially when some are longer. You should get used to quoting people or at least using @name.
Did I miss that again or did you actually explain why PvP can be a reason to not implement PvE content? Guess all the other stuff you write just cause have to in order to defend yourself.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate feedback but "I'll give one reason why this won't happen. PvP." when I give suggestions about mainly PvE content is obviously not adequate. If your brain works as intended you should probably admit this in the end.
I love the ideas in this thread, this must be noted. Hope someone from GGG seen this !
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
bump...
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

about pvp i share the opinion of imbalance which cannot be improved easily, so id just drop that idea.

"
iii) Create events PvE, PvP that players partially can trigger themselves.

u critisized this idea in the other topic but i support this idea (more events like atziri)

about the base stuff thats heavily detailed already. while i like little parts of it ill write down only the concerns i have about it (dont be offended)

"defensive PVE"
imo this is content for a MMORPG, while POE is an action RPG. mechanics of needing to defend a base regularly because other people in ur guild are playing while u are taking a break will only lead to an MMO-like guild structure where only hyperactive players stay in guilds, and u get asked out of game (skype etc) to come and play. i think many players in POE dislike this and choose to play this game instead of an MMO. so i dont like the "defense PVE" suggestion.
i also dont think the game engine supports stuff like a sieged base very well

the offensive PVE suggestion seems fine tho, and id love stuff like this in the game, totally agree with the main point that we need more PVE content (its only one detailed possibility of many, ill trust GGG theyll have equal or better ideas - it just takes lots of time to implement it seems)
Last edited by MDGeizt on Apr 16, 2014, 11:28:53 AM
I really like the idea of the offensive PvE content you are suggesting here. I feel like it would be a nice change to create something with friends every once in a while. I love the game as is but I imagine constant map running will get a little tedious so I really hope GGG takes a look at this.
Last edited by Xylaphax on Apr 16, 2014, 2:54:43 PM
Yeah geizt you might be right it might be not adequate for poe to defend bases itself. I just threw some basic ideas together.

The origin of my idea was having an endgame only act that is not implemented in the regular normal - cruel - mericless progress.

So I thought it is a good idea to create some group/guild stuff as well and a guild having and own town/camp seems obvious to me. Then this camp could be built and crafted and increased by the players and as well could contain facilities that produce random dungeons/maps/encounters in certain periods of time.

On the one hand there could be a whole act connected to this that guild members can craft/modify/delete themselves (balance is important, cant consist of 20x78 maps, or lvling would be too easy, this consisting of 70-78 zones would higher lvl plaers make also grind lower zones in order to reach the higher ones later on etc.).

On the other hand there could be these random events at several places that are as well connected to the camp that need to be crafted first.
Random events could also be defensive stuff that if not defended after a certain point of time get parts of the camp being destroyed (which can be rebuild for currency). E.g. there could be several events where players have to defend a certain point and monsters rushing in more and more and stronger and stronger. There is infinite possiblilites for such events also/even with tricky rpg/adventure like stuff where certain items need to be rescued out of an unbeatable army of monsters in a certain period of time or real quests being done in a period of time where you have to find the right combination for a door in a 6 player party while 5 ppl fight and defend and one is doing this randomized puzzle.

Guild should be able to craft their own PvP arenas connected to their camp. Rich/high guilds would have sophisticated arenas where people like to meet and fight it out. Fuck this a3m town where everyone stands around.

Guilds should be able to create an auction house in their camp. Player A wants to auction legacy kaoms. 15 interested guys come. One gets it. Make it an automated process so that bids are firm.

Give guilds the option to advertise their PvP/auction/whatever else events adequatly with connection to the browser web.

Give guilds the option to make their camp private or public. Give guild admins full contol about who is possible to enter their camp and who not and who temporal etc.

Last edited by LSN on Apr 16, 2014, 8:49:05 PM
@LSN you keep coming out with great directions :). I see you have some time for brainstorming and thank you for taking your time for it. I also use to help alot with ideas, but now i just work too much and i try to support game otherwise in the future :).

Thank you, i hope they notice some of the ideas here.

Thank you very much for your support Farystar. I am very glad that there are people like you around who see the actual potential of ideas.

Braindead and repeatingly derailing people like natharias should be removed from the suggestions forums. There is enough playground for them in the general forum where they can use their IQ70 statements and being laughed at.
Last edited by LSN on Apr 17, 2014, 4:25:28 AM
You're welcome @LSN sir :).

bump for great ideas here...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info