[1.1] [INVASION]1H Groundslammer/Heavy Strike Marauder [EV&AR]

With the upcoming visual buffs to groundslam i decided to theorycraft a 1h groundslammer/heavy striker with ST as a ranged skill for those tricky invasion bosses. This build is similar to Pohx's STD Ranger so i will link it at the bottom of the post

(I'm far from experienced in theorycrafting builds so feel free to leave criticism)

PASSIVE TREE
:

For this build i'm using both evasion and armor. If you felt like you wanted to take IR it would be perfectly fine for this build. If you do decide to take IR you should also pick up Unwavering Stance.

GEMS/LINKS:
5-6L: Groundslam + Multistrike + Melee Phys + Blood Magic + Added Fire + LGOH/ConcEffect
4L: Heavy Strike + Melee Phys + Multistrike/Added Fire + Blood Magic
4L: Spectral Throw/Vaal Cyclone + Phys Proj Dmg/Blind + Added Fire/LMP + Faster Attacks/LGOH
4L: CWDT + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Increased Duration
3L: Grace + Hatred/Determination + Reduced Mana
3L: Leap Slam + Blood Magic + Enfeeble/Vulnerability/Faster Attacks

I'm yet to decide whether or not im going to use blood magic for my skills or to sustain them through mana leech, i will update once i've leveled enough and made a decision.

Bandit Choices
:
Normal = Oak
Cruel = Oak
Merciless = Oak

Useful Leveling Uniques:

Spoiler

Here is a link to Pohx's STD Ranger build incase anyone is interested:
Last edited by CyanideSkittles on Apr 6, 2014, 9:05:22 AM
Tree looks fine.

I'd personally remove the 2 melee damage nodes at Duelist start for "Finesse" at Ranger (8% attackspeed +10% damage > 27% melee damage, especially since those two nodes also help Spectral Throw). But that is a matter of taste I guess.

Without Bringer of Rain, you will not even come close to block cap, but should be a solid amount.

What do you mean by "ES&AR"? Energy Shield? Armor Rating?

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Apr 4, 2014, 9:31:47 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Tree looks fine.

I'd personally remove the 2 melee damage nodes at Duelist start for "Finesse" at Ranger (8% attackspeed +10% damage > 27% melee damage, especially since those two nodes also help Spectral Throw). But that is a matter of taste I guess.

Without Bringer of Rain, you will not even come close to block cap, but should be a solid amount.

What do you mean by "ES&AR"? Energy Shield? Armor Rating?

My bad, that was a typo in the title, its meant to say EV&AR as im building as an evasion armor hybrid character.

As for the point you made about swapping 2 points to get to finesse, i could do this but it would probably also lower the chance for my ground slam to stun, i may take your advice though, I'll have to think it over.

Also im really not sure what im doing with spectral throw, i might remove it but im really not sure.
"

Also im really not sure what im doing with spectral throw, i might remove it but im really not sure.

Something like this would be standard:

5-6L: Groundslam + Bloodmagic + Melee Phys + Faster Attacks + ...
4L: Heavy Strike + Melee Phys + BM + faster Attacks
4L:
4L: CWDT + Enduring Cry + Curse + Molten Shell
3L: CWDT + Immortal Call + Inc. Duration
3L: Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + BM

Sounds like there is one 4L left for:
Spectral Throw + Physical Projectile + LMP + faster attacks (or whatever you choose)

I mean, what else would you want to do with the remaining sockets?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"

Something like this would be standard:

5-6L: Groundslam + Bloodmagic + Melee Phys + Faster Attacks + ...
4L: Heavy Strike + Melee Phys + BM + faster Attacks
4L:
4L: CWDT + Enduring Cry + Curse + Molten Shell
3L: CWDT + Immortal Call + Inc. Duration
3L: Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + BM

Sounds like there is one 4L left for:
Spectral Throw + Physical Projectile + LMP + faster attacks (or whatever you choose)

I mean, what else would you want to do with the remaining sockets?

Thanks that is very helpful. I'm probably going to use grace+determination/hatred, also i may sustain groundslam and heavy strike through mana leech on gear, if not then i would use bm on both.
UPDATED posted some uniques that will be helpful with leveling if you choose to use them.
UPDATED added bandit choices.
Hi, can post the skill tree for every 20 levels? Thx.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info