The wall of real problems that prevent PoE from being a god-tier game

"
SkyCore wrote:
1) time is very rewarding so long as you dont have excellent gear. If you really wanted to fix the 'not rewarding' aspect of the game you would have to disable trading/stash and reduce(yes REDUCE) the chance of good drops. Not gonna happen. All the power hungry short-sighted kids would rage quit.

Do explain how this logic makes sense.

To fix the not rewarding problem, we should make the game even less rewarding. Okay...
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
1) Time is not rewarding. You could spend 600 hours farming fusings to try to 6L a particular chest and not be any closer at the end of it. This is the only game I've ever played where all your effort can end up meaning nothing.

Ever played D2?

I farmed the best SoJ drop point for close to 200 hours and never had a SoJ drop. I think it was Hell Andy, or NM Andy from memory. Highest % chance to drop it and never had one.

So that was a huge amount of work that ended up meaning nothing as nothing dropped that was of any value
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
1) Time is not rewarding. You could spend 600 hours farming fusings to try to 6L a particular chest and not be any closer at the end of it. This is the only game I've ever played where all your effort can end up meaning nothing.

Ever played D2?

I farmed the best SoJ drop point for close to 200 hours and never had a SoJ drop. I think it was Hell Andy, or NM Andy from memory. Highest % chance to drop it and never had one.

So that was a huge amount of work that ended up meaning nothing as nothing dropped that was of any value

Sure, but then any runes you had drop could be cubed up to something tradeable. As could gems. And if you did manage to get a great drop, you didn't have to go and worry about trying to socket/link/chrome it to fit, each of which can be a mountain of frustration.
+ 1 op
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:

Ever played D2?

Act1 hell where all the dark rogue bow chicks are (Dark forest ?)produced good enough results for myself.I always had my share of SOJs and often would give them to friends.

A lot of players focused on bosses way too much.It was actually more rewarding (for myself) to Farm The Pit act 1 hell for a chance of almost any unique in game.

Likewise it was most efficient for myself to farm act 2 hell just outside Lut Ghulein (SP?) for Gheeds to upgrade or for friends.

I never walked away from D2 with a feeling of not accomplishing anything,even if it was only 5-6 hours of gambling for rares.

I won't even go into how many accounts I had to run for storage of gear and Pgems/runes and only for my own use,I never traded.

=p
Last edited by Temper on Apr 4, 2014, 12:26:24 AM
"
Temper wrote:
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:

Ever played D2?

Act1 hell where all the dark rogue bow chicks are (Dark forest ?)produced good enough results for myself.I always had my share of SOJs and often would give them to friends.

A lot of players focused on bosses way too much.It was actually more rewarding (for myself) to Farm The Pit act 1 hell for a chance of almost any unique in game.

Likewise it was most efficient for myself to farm act 2 hell just outside Lut Ghulein (SP?) for Gheeds to upgrade or for friends.

I never walked away from D2 with a feeling of not accomplishing anything,even if it was only 5-6 hours of gambling for rares.

I won't even go into how many accounts I had to run for storage of gear and Pgems/runes and only for my own use,I never traded.

=p

I played std not LoD, it was way more fun after that enigma stuff I hated. So perhaps in LoD it was easier.

But in std, really no
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:

Ever played D2?

Did you have the other rings that preceeded SoJ in your inventory? Andariel had increased chance to drop rings, NOT SoJ in particular. You need the other rings because two of the same uniques can't drop in the same game.

At least in D2 you know what you needed to kill in order to find a certain item. In PoE its all RNG, you have zero control over your drops.
to 1.

there is 0 reward in this game, so its your fault if you expect reward's while playing, this is not how this game is designed.
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:

3) The level of people who quit before seeing a 78 map is much higher than those who sit through to the end. Everyone I know gets fed up of the grind before making it even halfway there. GGG has to realize that in the long term this will not be a viable business decision. Furthermore, gating difficult content behind RNG is cheap, lazy, and a crutch. Difficult content should be gated solely behind the difficulty of the content itself.

most of the issues stem from drop rates balanced around bots and rmt.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info