New Class Suggestion: Beastmaster

The classes in PoE are pretty standard. The groupings you have are; Main, hybrid, balanced. But there could be space for a fourth grouping.

Main grouping stats, 32/14/14. Dedicated towards that main stat. (Wizard/Fighter/Ranger)

Hybrid grouping stats, 23/23/14. Should rely on two stats, with a third weak stat. (Something like Paladin/Shaman.)

Balanced grouping, 20/20/20. Jack of all trades, no real focus. (Bard)

A fourth could exist at something like 26/18/18. Main focus would be the prime stat, but the secondary stats would also be relied on despite being lower than the balanced grouping. You'd need to create three classes (and overhaul the tree.. again) for this to work, but due to the implementation of the Scion, it'd be too easy to pass off.

My idea would be to move the Marauder, Ranger, and Witch's starting circles towards the outside of the tree, along with flipping their first few points with them. Place the new 3 classes in (more-or-less) the old starting locations, while leaving the Duelist, Shadow, and Templar in their places.

Worst paintskills ever.
Shmo's Suggestions; Dozen Skills!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/402487
Im personally against new classes, because the skill-tree becomes only worse. I didnt like scion, you cant walk through the middle anymore without beeing forced to pick stuff that you wouldnt like. Maurader already looks like a Tribal warrior, so he also fits a ""beastmaster"" .

A couple weeks ago i also thought about a companion-skill. Spark-Spider with a spiderpet would be cool ^^.
My suggestion, based on in which color you place the gem ""animal-companion"" you summon a diffrent pet.

Animal Companions

""Red"" Summon Bear, uses Endurence-Cry, Cleave lvlX, Devours Corpses to gain life
""Green"" Summon Gorilla, Frenzy-Charges to nearby allies, Haste lvlX, uses Groundslam lvlX
""Blue"" Summon Spider, uses Vipder-strike lvlX, Conduit, uses Flicker-strike lvlX

Well, perhapbs this is to strong, but they could reserv mana, so if you want 2+ minion you need less mana reserved.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info