I've been playing ARCANUM for three days straight instead of POE...

"
Still a quality game though, haven't seen anything like it since.

wasteland 2 is coming out if you're into that kinda game.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
"
TheWretch wrote:

wasteland 2 is coming out if you're into that kinda game.

Was looking into it, though I don't think it offers the amazing kind of dialogue that Arcanum did.

Pretty sure it does. Branching dialogue paths aplenty. Its being made by InXile who is made up of former Black Isle Studios guys.

They made the Fallouts and Icewind Dale games. When black isle died a lot of the guys went to work at Troika, who made Arcanum. Anyway, same crowd made those games, it shgould be right up your alley. Tim Cain which I believe was the lead on Arcanum is now at Obsidian working on;

https://eternity.obsidian.net/

"
Arcanum had some downright excellent writing.

Tim Cain is awesome like that. He had a hand in Vampire Bloodlines and the Temple of Elemental Evil as well, good stuff.
lv19 female pushover here, one more level until I get enough specs to build Tesla Rifle. Then... I have to start investing into Perception and Firearms, otherwise it's gonna be hilarity each time I fire into a tight group of enemies, and miss, and hit Jayna Styles instead.

I mean, my own DOG is giving me "Arf. -_-" messages... Arf. It's short for "Dude, that critical miss was so bad, your aim sucks so hard that your mum doesn't even compare to it."
http://unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/gibson2.jpg

Mel Gibson is your daddy... and, you don't really want to know what he does.
Shouldnt you post this on their forum and not on GGGs?
Probably.
http://unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/gibson2.jpg

"

Nothing wrong with this. It isn't trashing PoE or anything. I have no interest in the game, but I am reading the posts about because I may change my mind if I see enough positive things here.

Also other forums kinda suck. I've been playing Load Out and their forum is not worth bothering to log into. General is barely alive and their Off-Topic is stale as yesterday's toast.

Spoiler
I've also started replaying PoE a little here and there, but the weather is nicer and I have other things to do.
"

you make all kinds of nonsensical threads but come down on this guy for talking about a game he likes in off topic? umm k. Shouldn't you be studying or something
So far I have maxed out playthroughs as a mage (easiest), melee (semi easy), generic ranged (kinda hard if you don't know where are secret weapons hidden) and firearms expert which is the hardest but playing as a technologist opens up so much more lore IMO. Only game where I prefer to be slightly evil because of more interesting companions like Torian Kel.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
Moonyu wrote:
"

Nothing wrong with this. It isn't trashing PoE or anything. I have no interest in the game, but I am reading the posts about because I may change my mind if I see enough positive things here.

Also other forums kinda suck. I've been playing Load Out and their forum is not worth bothering to log into. General is barely alive and their Off-Topic is stale as yesterday's toast.

Spoiler
I've also started replaying PoE a little here and there, but the weather is nicer and I have other things to do.

If anything, this game on Normal makes PoE seem like a walk in the park, which is a good thing (I think?) for PoE. Although, since I was going for the electro-technician first time I tried ARCANUM and this time, I can't rightly say how OP are mages, or middle-ground rifle/melee/bow builds. Come to think, bow builds... mmm. NO.

The game is INSANE with blueprints. Blueprints alone are an insane mini-game, like Pokemon, you got to collect'em ALL and then see whether you can actually use some of it. Specialization is a harsh mistress, but then that's why you drag people in a party with you. And a dog. Man's best friend and best melee fighter all-round.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info