Anyone else think racing as it stands is lame and repetitive?

Why is racing only focused on starting from level 1?

There's an extreme emphasis on balancing the tree and skills based on a few low levels.

Why not make a race where people start at level 30, 40, 60 and break it down by experience from there?

How many seasons will be nothing but leap slam to the docks, leap slam in the docks, and alt-f4 if health is low?

Im rocking the boat here so surely I will be trolled for suggesting something besides a continuation of the status quo here.

Okay mod go ahead and move my post to feedback now before anyone reads it. Gj in advance.
Kind of belongs in feedback though :) I'd like to see races starting in act 3 norm etc, but I doubt we will get anything like this soon.
RIP Bolto
"
Covert wrote:
I'd like to see races starting in act 3 norm etc, but I doubt we will get anything like this soon.

Why not?

Seems easy enough to start characters at high level. Void league them at the end so no complaints about free levels.

So many skills and builds become much more effective, and in fact how many skills and supports are unavailable pre-31?

It doesn't make sense to continue offering only races starting from level 1, unless the intent is that racing never evolve beyond small balance tweaks and the new mode here and there..
How about races where you start at 100 in the Eternal Lab (possibly with preset skilltrees) and gradually go through mops with more and more ridiculous mods? Characters in races where you start above level 1 would go to the void league to be fair, of course.
No, I don't. I will happily embrace a wider variety of race formats, however. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I see it the same way as Ray does. I'm fine with the current format (I'd like a more spread out race schedule, something like races in x hours intervals), but would also not mind some variety with higher level races where you start with a set of gear (that however would make it tricky).
There is truly enormous untapped potential that GGG is ignoring, and it would require very little effort. I think it's because they have 1 guy working on races, and half his work is on other stuff. Same reason we get 0 dev responses in this forum, the one guy who should be responding, is too busy. Blows my mind that they don't hire 1-2 other people to work on races.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Races are truly the one thing that keeps me playing the game. I would love to see a race that starts at a different level/spot. Descent is one of my favorite events as it uses maps that are (somewhat) different than the usual kill hillock then rush ledge setups. The one thing that has spiced up those normal setups is exiles everywhere. That is a serious challenge and tons of fun to boot.

GGG has a great game on their hands. I do hope they dedicate more resources to racing if there is only one guy managing it part time.
"
Fatalflaw wrote:
Why is racing only focused on starting from level 1?

because its the only way to NOT force you into a predefined 'setup' (or a bunch of them) for each class: or how else would you imagine to start in act 3 normal or even on strand/cruel just with a single (or even some) unleveled skill gems and no supports? maybe even with a plain white 3-socket weapon...? have fun!

for the topic's question:
*it is repetetive, yes (but even would be with a late/upgraded start). thats the nature of these games...
*its sometimes stressing and sometimes boring, but lame?
if you dont do it for the fun, nor for the rewards, just dont do it. ;)

invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
because its the only way to NOT force you into a predefined 'setup'
can you explain for a newbie in racing, hows races exactly doesn't forcing to play predefined setup with some examples and outputs? I heard there is two options for some classes, can you give me 4-5 examples for at least 3 classes that can lead to demigod?
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Last edited by jstq on Apr 4, 2014, 6:19:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info