DOTA/LoL Game Mode = Freakin awesome!

Now, I generally hate MOBA's of all shapes and sizes.

But this sounds like the most perfect fit for an ARPG ever.

Just level cap the PvP in brackets (10-20, 20-30 etc.) As to keep the gear relatively the same.

The sheer amount of possible mobs types you could send down the lane + the huge trait tree would make this game a huge win in the market.

Even though I really love and support this idea, I also think that at least at this moment stuff like this should be at the very bottom of the list in terms of priority, especially considering that it would be a ton of work in this particular case while it doesn't contribute at all to improving the core mechanic of the game.

That reminds me: I'm not talking about myself but is it by any means possible that users at some point will be able to take an active part in helping to create the game besides from designing items or the usual feedback? I'm not talking about the main game but about things like PvP game modes like the one suggested or the required maps for those. I'm thinking about something like an open source map editor with restrictions or something along those lines.
This way you guys would be able to focus on developing the important stuff while still being able to add other content that is just for fun and doesn't even necessarily need to be properly balanced.

If this thought is way to far into the future to be considered just ignore this post.

P.S: Just wanted to add, since I don't post very much here (yet), that I really appreciate the way you interact with the community and I fucking love this game more then anything in that Genre. Or let me phrase it in another way: I didn't play DotA 2 for almost 2 weeks now. Nuff said.
sounds pretty fun except when deathstriker6666 comes into the match with hella op gear
Thumbs down for this "MODE", wait for CUTTHROAT LEAGUE
Last edited by 2i0 on Feb 4, 2013, 12:51:26 AM
Cut throat will be fun, but will also lead to a very few players being at the top of the pile with op gear and no one else having a chance to beat them.. its a good idea for races and short events but a standing cut throat league could be so imba that not many will play it for very long. (Having writeen that i reckon they will implement level resitrictions to areas to counter this)

I agree this is bottom priority right now, but with an engine that is capable of this type of game mode, and the proven fact that millions of gamers love this gamemode just means that its a market GGG should try and break into. Im sure any marketing or business minds would agree with me. Most gamers that love this game would agree with me too that the more content and modes, the more time and money we will put into this game.

This is a killer idea that should be taken advantage of, its been talked about in game alot, i just felt the need to make a thread about it.
no play dota/LoL if you want that, this game should be strictly 1v1 3v3 team death match.
+1

sounds really awesome if there was a game within a game
I like the idea.
+1
My IGN : Xmu / TeeBones
BEST CI CHEST FOR MIRROR 1K ES + TRI RESIST http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/306743
My Ice Witch 0.25Sec Freezing pulse guide ~ http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/214705
I would absolutely love this!
I think this everytime I play. I don't really like dota, hon, lol that much because the way you control the character. I love the set of "rules" in mobas though and I absolutely LOVE the gameplay of PoE. Combine them and I, for one, would fail all my classes this spring.

"
no play dota/LoL if you want that, this game should be strictly 1v1 3v3 team death match.

Why? :O
Last edited by abigbadbear on Feb 13, 2013, 6:52:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info