[1.3.0][Explosive Arrow][Blood Magic][Lightning Coil] marauder with a bit of IIR

updated map gear showcase. lightning coil hypuu!
/forum/view-thread/869543 all my builds' compilation
Please PM me on forum to inform me if I won an auction. Thank you.
nice build, gonna try it out! also, can u do this build straight from lvl 19 when u have quill rain and q EA, just for fun? :D
Last edited by risko on Jun 11, 2014, 11:55:02 AM
"
risko wrote:
nice build, gonna try it out! also, can u do this build straight from lvl 19 when u have quill rain and q EA, just for fun? :D

it will be very hard to acquire enough dex to keep up with the dex requirement, and you will not be doing too much damage since you have to move to duelist's area for some dex, in which case there isn't a lot of damage nodes over there.

that being said, you can certainly start using EA much earlier than a3m, as early as a1m IMO for maximum efficiency.
Hey abcnever, I've been playing a similar EA character in Invasion with EE and love the build but feel like I am lacking some DPS, however I realised that you linked your snapshotted EA link with Fire Penetration. Could this be the reason why I feel my DPS is lacking?
My current snapshotted EA is EA - GMP - Added Cold Damage - Life Leech.
Do you recommend me to replace Life Leech with Fire Pen?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I've been also considering a non - BM Keystone EA build but instead having all my gem setups linked to BM gem expect my main EA Link, how do you feel about this, I would love t hear your opinion.
FeelsBadMan
Last edited by ChaoticPanda on Jun 17, 2014, 8:47:25 PM
"
ChaoticPanda wrote:
Hey abcnever, I've been playing a similar EA character in Invasion with EE and love the build but feel like I am lacking some DPS, however I realised that you linked your snapshotted EA link with Fire Penetration. Could this be the reason why I feel my DPS is lacking?
My current snapshotted EA is EA - GMP - Added Cold Damage - Life Leech.
Do you recommend me to replace Life Leech with Fire Pen?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I've been also considering a non - BM Keystone EA build but instead having all my gem setups linked to BM gem expect my main EA Link, how do you feel about this, I would love t hear your opinion.

sorry for the late response haven't checked my build threads lately :P

the main EA's links and both EAs' levels are the most important factor in EA's dps. can you link your main EA's support gems and whats their levels? also the fire pen on the second set's EA does help with AoE clearing a lot. you probably want to switch to LMP on the second set as well.

also if you are rich, you can try to get a lvl 3 empower in place of the inc burning damage; and also a 21/20 EA ( very rare on the market since nobody levels EA) on the main link.

curse also helps a ton for EA, for me I have a 18/20 ele weakness gem supported by lvl 2 enchance, each 1% of reduced resistance will increase EA's dmg by a ton.
Last edited by abcnever on Jun 24, 2014, 9:10:56 PM
Hey, thanks for the response.
My gear is really sub-par atm but I will post it anyways. I am not where near rich so I won't be able to afford a high level Empower nor a 21/20 EA. LMP is probably better than GMP so I will give it a try due reflect being sometimes an issue. Also I find myself having one or two dex nodes specced into the tree. Do you think I should upgrade my gear and remove them or keep them and focus on levelling up my gems?

Gear:
Spoiler

Thanks

EDIT: Also about curses I usually party up with my friend who has perma tri-curse so it doesn't really matter much. However he doesn't have a quality Ele Weakness but I guess Flammability makes up for that.
FeelsBadMan
Last edited by ChaoticPanda on Jun 25, 2014, 12:04:02 AM
"
ChaoticPanda wrote:
Hey, thanks for the response.
My gear is really sub-par atm but I will post it anyways. I am not where near rich so I won't be able to afford a high level Empower nor a 21/20 EA. LMP is probably better than GMP so I will give it a try due reflect being sometimes an issue. Also I find myself having one or two dex nodes specced into the tree. Do you think I should upgrade my gear and remove them or keep them and focus on levelling up my gems?

Gear:
Spoiler

Thanks

EDIT: Also about curses I usually party up with my friend who has perma tri-curse so it doesn't really matter much. However he doesn't have a quality Ele Weakness but I guess Flammability makes up for that.

oh you also need faster attack on your second set of EA for sure. the quicker you stack the fuses, the more dps you do over time. you don't need life leech / added cold dmg on your second set EA, try get some jewelery with cold or lighthning dmg and you are good. the faster attack / fire pen on second set make big difference in terms of EA's combat smoothness.

as for the dex, your gears should be enough for dex. can you post your tree as well?

and ya you probably want a quality EA as your main, and also lvl 18 -> 20 EA makes a huge difference in terms of dmg.

reflect shouldn't be a huge issue as long as you pot your ruby flask in time, and ofc, don't stack too many fuses on a reflect pack :P
Last edited by abcnever on Jun 25, 2014, 3:59:46 AM
found some upgrades to map gears, 6s'ed lightning coil. updated flasks in gear section
Thanks the advice. Appreciate it.

Tree (ATM):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEDxgSzCfYSaRQgFE0UcRZvFxwYkRmFGjgabCSqJa0nLyj6KU8t0jWSNuk62DwFPfxBh0TnRtdKyFBHVElVxlcNWGNZ81z0Xz9n4moeajtuqnF5cqlyu3y7fNmCm4LHgziI8YuMjM-PRpBVkc6YrZ2uns2f36FtogCkrKY-pwinMKeEqBisqrXytz64k7nNu-28n8AaxYrG2M9l0NDSId-_4XPjauOf5CLr7uw47SDvDu988B_yL_Pd9kj3Mvno_Qv-Cg==

Getting buff duration nodes for Immortal Call as I don't have a Lightning Coil.
FeelsBadMan
"
ChaoticPanda wrote:
Thanks the advice. Appreciate it.

Tree (ATM):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEDxgSzCfYSaRQgFE0UcRZvFxwYkRmFGjgabCSqJa0nLyj6KU8t0jWSNuk62DwFPfxBh0TnRtdKyFBHVElVxlcNWGNZ81z0Xz9n4moeajtuqnF5cqlyu3y7fNmCm4LHgziI8YuMjM-PRpBVkc6YrZ2uns2f36FtogCkrKY-pwinMKeEqBisqrXytz64k7nNu-28n8AaxYrG2M9l0NDSId-_4XPjauOf5CLr7uw47SDvDu988B_yL_Pd9kj3Mvno_Qv-Cg==

Getting buff duration nodes for Immortal Call as I don't have a Lightning Coil.

ya I have a different tree than you as I moved to duelist tree as well for those dex nodes and ofc life regen / life nodes and endurance charge, and potentially IR once i have enough points since lightning coil makes armour much much more effective.

though your tree will ofc work out in the end. you probably just need the EA's level and the missing parts as I mentioned in last post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info