A reminder to GGG to never fall for the 'SFL' trap

Initially I thought these SFL people are sincere about their demands that they are so competitive that they want a separate league just so that the arena is fair to all without people wearing imbalanced items received through trading.

Until I read that they want HIGHER DROP RATE as well!!! Oh my god please, you think GGG can afford to do that for you?

Let me just put it this way for you. Even if the drop rate is increased by only 2% in this 'SFL'. People like me who do not mind trading will abandon the standard league and join SFL. This is simple, because plenty of us(even those who do not want SFL) have this negative mentality towards trade that trade is somewhat 'evil' and would rather not trade if we can make up for it even in the slightest form of other rewards.

Having a SFL simply is going to replace standard league completely.

And what does GGG want? I understand their mentality so far. GGG simply wants to design a game so that people who are willing to step out of their comfort zone will be rewarded more. They want positive competition and cooperation where it is okay for people to play self-found but they will definitely get much less than people who do not mind interacting with the world.

Put simply, if you insist on playing SFL, then be willing to accept the lesser reward that comes with it.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
If the current drop rates are balanced with trading in mind, why wouldn't we want a SFL to have increased rates to compensate? It's possible to have identical progression speeds with trading disabled.

And for you trading = stepping out of your comfort zone? What am I even reading here.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Last edited by lukeiy on Mar 25, 2014, 9:16:07 PM
If trading is not stepping out of the comfort zone for you, then why do you not simply start trading? Why do you want a SFL with increased item quantity? Why not start trading? Fear? Laziness? Why should GGG make life easier for you? Step out of the comfort zone and start trading.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
If trading is not stepping out of the comfort zone for you, then why do you not simply start trading? Why do you want a SFL with increased item quantity? Why not start trading? Fear? Laziness? Why should GGG make life easier for you? Step out of the comfort zone and start trading.

It's not fun. Killing mosters is fun.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Let me just put it this way for you. Even if the drop rate is increased by only 2% in this 'SFL'. People like me who do not mind trading will abandon the standard league and join SFL.

I don't buy it. If you would switch for a drop rate increase of 2%, then you're not enjoying trading. And if many people switched, then it would mean that they do not want to trade and only do it because it is forced.

This is a case for a SFL, not against it. I personally don't need a SFL (but would participate in one), and only want changes to the absurd crafting odds.

People ask for a SFL not because they want more stuff. They ask because they are not having fun.
Well that is exactly what GGG wants then. If you are not willing to trade, then forget about getting the best items. To add challenge to the game by making trade necessary to sustain lategame.
Trading=challenge? Wat?
ign: ecogen
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Well that is exactly what GGG wants then. If you are not willing to trade, then forget about getting the best items. To add challenge to the game by making trade necessary to sustain lategame.

Trading doesn't add challenge. Trading makes the game easier. Even if you increased the drop rate by 20%, and disallowed trading, the non-bonus leagues with trading would still be easier.

Case in point, I played self-found in Domination, and I played quite a bit, for months, always had something to do and try to find/quest for. In Ambush, I decided to trade and only play one character (no need for multiple ones since everything can be obtained). Hit 85 after two weeks, and have not been logging on in the past few days.

Trading removed the challenge as well as the sense of being rewarded. Running Merveil for currency and then hitting poe.xyz.is and shopping for what I wanted really didn't make the game more fun.
"
glh5 wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:

It's not fun. Killing mosters is fun.

This
"
Trading removed the challenge as well as the sense of being rewarded. Running Merveil for currency and then hitting poe.xyz.is and shopping for what I wanted really didn't make the game more fun.

Of course not, you were not running dominus, DuH. . .
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info