Play PoE using a gamepad/XBOX360 Controller!

Here it is, the 360 config file:-

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/269818/Path_Of_Exile.cfg

Could do with better hosting if anyone wishes.

Edit:- Updated config file.
Last edited by Kuldiin on Sep 24, 2011, 3:35:23 PM
Yeah the only reason most people dont use a wireless xbox controller is the receiver for your computer you need to buy seperately.

Although, they are only 20 bucks now on average retail ;)
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?
bump!
Torchlight's port to the Xbox360 pretty much proved that games like this can work very well with a game pad, but this method for doing so just seems unbelievably cumbersome. Why anyone would ever use a joystick over a mouse to control a cursor is beyond me.

It took Torchlight a complete UI and control scheme overhaul to get it playable on the 360, along with a lot of other tweaks like your character lunging forward towards enemies whenever you melee attack. You would have to figure out how to get player movement bound to the left stick and somehow make the UI navigable without the use of a cursor for this to even remotely work well. You'd basically have to get rid of the cursor all together. Good luck figuring out how to do that in a game that doesn't support either wasd movement or UI modifications.

Obviously no one can stop you from jerry-rigging up your own method for doing so, but at the end of the day, when it comes down to the game actually being both playable and fun at the same time its really only up to the developers own decision on supporting game pads or not supporting them. As it is now nothing you do will make it work the way you want it to, or at least the way I would want it to work.
ign: WESTSIDEWOOKIEE
may you upload the 360 config file:- please

the link does not work.
Just a question...why isn't this done with Xpadder(any REAL reason not to use it)?
nifty, I still rather use a mouse on my laptop.

+1 for the video

good stuff!
Lody - Cold Witch Default League
bump for newbies!
I myself am using a program called x360ce for most of my games which emulates xbox360 controller on a gamepad, though my gamepad isint wireless so idk if it has wireless support, but its very easy to setup controls.
Closed Beta Member.
I use Xpadder and a wireless 360 controller...
but I use the mouse on the right hand and hold the controller with the left...its exellent :)
So I have 17 buttons I can reach and that i have bound.
Its very comfortable...
Recieved key thx to MetalSlugVII

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info