Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Suggestions for a Pvp That People Would Actually Play

A great idea but it is obviously neglected that to balance such a PvP with reasonable 20 classes would take another 1+ year in the very least. It comes similar with the efforts required to create a whole new (moba style) game.

As much as I like this idea I as well have concerns when taking gear into consideration.

The demand for perfect balance also would be quite high which will be hard to reach. This takes alot of development resources away from actually developing the core of the game.

Ppl who want this kind of pvp can actually play one of the dozen mobas, cause in the end these will anyway stay better and balanced better than a similar system implemented in PoE could ever be.

It would be much easier in fact to let pvp enthusiasts play their each op builds against each other and focus on developing the actualy content further, which is PvE.

But if GGG has enaugh resources to do stuff like this without neglecting the development of PvE content, they should definitely go for it.
Last edited by LSN on Apr 17, 2014, 5:02:56 AM
if i want to play pVP, i play pvp-game.

if i want to play pve, i play pve-game.

if i want to play arpg, i play arpg.

either you fuse pvp somehow into the current pve system, or you dont do anything at all. To separate PVe from PVp in a game prio made for PVE, = is STUPID because there is petter pvp games, which means there is no reason to play it.....

Farming-games ShOULD noT BE BALANCED:: THATS what makes them funny in their own way.

This is one of many reasons i wont touch WoW. (I would prefer same gear for PVE as for PVP). I mean why the FUCK would i play Arena in WoW when DotA is 10x better/challencing/interesting/funny = NO ReaSON at all.
Last edited by whywhyhow on Apr 17, 2014, 12:20:29 PM
"
Dominari wrote:
I just do not understand how a game could have good PvP even if you have a separate spec because your gear is taken into account which creates crazy balancing issues.

I think the only way to make PvP a viable and competitive option is to cancel out gear. Now, with your "pre-baked" character, you could still level up in different ways. Sort of like how some FPS' do it. You could unlock more complex classes and different spells for your character. Either way, it needs to be a separate game mode.

What do you guys think?

I have updated/edited my original reply on the first page.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info