Melee vs Caster and few skills broken

best thing we can do is to leave this guy in his world of complain and whine

and oh we dont defent those skill we just clearly say that you are not good for pvp
that all
Last edited by kiersz on Jan 30, 2013, 3:27:24 PM
"
kiersz wrote:

and oh we dont defent those skill we just clearly say...

This; The skills could use some work, most likely. But if it's balanced at high levels, it won't matter.
i think high level pvp make tons of whine when 55 lvl got stomped by 70
and even 70 got oneshoted by other 70

in endgame you can have dps more than 100k and only 4-5k hp
so lvl 28 pvp most balanced in game ^^
In closed beta I had a templar caster with 1450 hp. Tempest shield and molten shell work great against melee. Whirling blades for dodging bear traps... I also used spark and arc. Good for close up and kiters. That character was probably about top 5 on the server for 28 pvp.

I had around close to 60 life per piece of gear, and three major life clusters on the passive tree. The crest of perandus shield had around 75 life on it. So high life on a caster is doable.

I have a similar build now but with less hp (about 900) due to just starting off with gear.

IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Jan 30, 2013, 5:43:34 PM
I dont have experience of high level pvp, but I did several hundred matches with 5 diferent character. 4 of them were pvm characters and 1 designed specifically for pvp.

So, even with almost basic gear, pvp char does 2x better then pvm chars.

But I have to say things that seems unbalanced to me:

1. Fire magic seems too weak.
2. Whirling blades is too good at avoiding bear traps, since it just ignores it basicly. Also whirling blades do too much damage as for such a skill(aoe + high survavibility).
3. Double curse, especially permanent, is a bit too much because of too good curses, that are insane even on lvl 1 gem. Or, with a ring, you can cast 3 permanent curses. Ya, there are potion to counteract, but how many can you use?
4. Flicker strike is already so good for aproaching yur enemie, why should it do so much damage on top?

It is definetely possible to fight against all these things with proper build/gear etc. but the negative thing abuot that is that it limits build variety a lot. For example, is there any decent pvper that does not use temporar chains, bear traps, flicker, whirling blades (as a melee or archer)?

It would be great to see as for example burning to cause players to flee in a random direction for short time. That would give fire mages some chance.
Remove Whirling blade and flicker strike damage, that would definetely be awesome.
Dont allow whirling blades to just avoid bear traps completely as if it is not even there.
Nerfe curses a bit, so that they do no ruin an oponent completely when stacked.

Thats just some premature suggetions. Any ideas how in particular to balance these and other things?
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
1) you didnt see good fire build when you killed just by insane burn only
2) it ignore lock but not dmg and whirling not one skill that let you ignore traps
3) curse can be lifted easily just dont be slow and kill enemy fast
4) flicker dont do something like extra damage or insane dmg
on 28 lvl pvp it just almost a clean attack +18% on higher level +~45%
and it have cd
compare this to heavy strike 150% +26% on 28 and 150% +~68 no cd spammable 4 attack per second skill
Last edited by kiersz on Jan 31, 2013, 4:02:29 AM
1) would love to see that against your build
2) which other skill (except flicker strike) allows you to ignore bear trap?
3) dont be slow... i quess by that you mean use flicker strike, then viper strike and WB, then repeat same? Otherwise how can you be fast against whirle blading player?
4) the point is that with flicker you hit 100% cause it autoaims. Autoaim should be removed, or damage reduced/removed. So basicly, if yur decent player, you can flicker + make a certain hit with strong single target/viper srike. Isnt that too much?

Please make some video how other type builds defeat your build. Would love to see that. I gues thats someone with stacked poison res/high life regen.
1) you see it someday
2) leap slam
3) when i say dont be slow i mean kill enemy fast
you got cursed you go in you take off curse you finish enemy
thats how it work
4) if you got killed by flicker strike that mean just one thing
you raped by enemy basic attack alone
that mean you are too soft for this damage and can be killed so ez
make work on gears and hp

one thing that make flicker viable on 28 lvl is gregori maul or something 2h with insane dmg
btw it can be countered standing on stack of bear traps high bock or ranged weapons

btw why there complain about "op" skill when on 28 lvl pvp any class can use any skill and weapon
90% ppl just cant use all versality given by game
Last edited by kiersz on Jan 31, 2013, 5:30:35 AM
3) i understand but how can you kill someone fast in few seconds when he is whirle winding? Yes, you can flicker to him and atack, but what if he stacks viper strike on you while yur doing that, then whirling blade, then cast bear traps, so you cant even rush him or even flicker, then he whirling blades, then viper strike, etc... then he recasts curses. I want to see that in practice.

I know that its possible to do, but with very similar build. What I am saying here is that some skills are just too good not to use and some skills are too bad to use. From that, diversity of builds suffer, and basicly to counteract, lets say, your build, one is forced to very specific things, such a bear trap spam, life regen, chaos resists, viper strike, curse imunity, double curse.
I just say that it shouldn't be that a character can be at the same time so well rounded and offensive. The more one is well rounded, the more his damage should suffer. But I have a feeling this would not be the case in end game since high level characters cant use whatever skills they want, they are much more bound because of stat requerements/passives etc.
With flicker and whirlwind you dont even need best eq, you need best eq to defeat flicker+whirlwind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info