Melee vs Caster and few skills broken

1) Melee vs caster
When melee fights caster that is not cold speced (cant freeze someone permamently...) and melee is fast hitter like shadow or duelist, caster doesnt have any chances at all.
Caster just gets perma stuned (yes, even after last patch) and cant move nor cast.
Also casting spells are way too weak now, melee can just spam whirlwind or shield charge to win and casters just cant keep up with it with all the stunlocking. Melee deals 2 times more dmg than a caster and its easier for melee to land a hit.

2) Broken Skills
Whirlwind + Flicker = 1 shot 1 kill in some cases (500+ hp with 1 shot at 28lvl, this usualy kills everyone)

Lightning Warp - sometimes after you cast it, the place you will teleport to will get highlighted, but if you get stunlocked before you teleport, you wont teleport at all... even tho spell was already cast.
1) play smart move smart you can use traps and whirling too use curses
2) make more hp 500 is not even average take shield and do some armor

skills not broken you just paper
If you do low level pvp with bad resists and less than 800 Effective HP you shouldn't be complaining about getting 1 shotted in lvl 28 pvp. Just get better equipment or change your build slightly.
@kiersz
1. I play smarter than all of those 1 button melee characters
2. around 600 is avarage for casters that dont spec in armor and melee, 800 is only normal for people who fight melee and stack hp nodes

3.Skills are broken, lack of balance just on your side.

@Apokalyxio
Thats alot of bullcrap, i played as 28lvl shadow speced with whirlwind and flicker strike and i was able to win 1vs3. And today i saw the same thing, shadow speced whirlwind and flicker taking down killing alone all of 3 enemy players.

Something is completely broken here.

here is what would fix that

str makes melee stronger
make it so int increses dmg of spells.
Last edited by nataq on Jan 30, 2013, 11:53:16 AM
i dont think you play smarter coz you cant win
well you have answers but dont hear it

ah it so ez make yourself safe from flicker guy if you a ranged dd )))
Last edited by kiersz on Jan 30, 2013, 12:06:00 PM
your answers are bullshit.
thats ok
not all ppl can take thing like loss in pvp
so if you dont want to learn and want just stay and hit for win pvp in this game just too hard for you
btw this game is not about pvp only and you have many fun things to do
"
nataq wrote:

@Apokalyxio
Thats alot of bullcrap, ...

You sound so respectul and professional.

Do you really want anyone to even comment on this, or are you just trying to flame about everything, just because you got owned in pvp?

I can tell your for sure, that there is no way, that a shadow just with flicker / whirling blades would beat my Closed Beta build with some mediocre gear. And with lvl 28 as a non caster you should have 1k+ hp, and as a caster 800+hp. It seems to me, that your equipment is just quite bad. In this game pvp is not all about "skill" and theorycrafting. A certain level of gear is required in order to be able to perform well in pvp, its not that hard...
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Jan 30, 2013, 2:38:09 PM
"
Apokalyxio wrote:
"
nataq wrote:

@Apokalyxio
Thats alot of bullcrap, ...

You sound so respectul and professional.

Do you really want anyone to even comment on this, or are you just trying to flame about everything, just because you got owned in pvp?

I can tell your for sure, that there is no way, that a shadow just with flicker / whirling blades would beat my Closed Beta build with some mediocre gear. And with lvl 28 as a non caster you should have 1k+ hp, and as a caster 800+hp. It seems to me, that your equipment is just quite bad. In this game pvp is not all about "skill" and theorycrafting. A certain level of gear is required in order to be able to perform well in pvp, its not that hard...

I'm saying how it is. Your arguments were invalid and dumb. You made excuses like "you just suck", while i played as melee shadow with whirlwidn and flicker and as a caster and as a melee i could 1 shot most ppl and i could win 1vs3 fights. There is no skill in pushing 2 1 shot 1 kill buttons. Melee whirlwind and flicker are clearly broken and the only reason you try to defend it is because you use it.

Also i have no respect for liars.
Last edited by nataq on Jan 30, 2013, 3:02:18 PM
No, you're wrong. There is a few 'broken' skills in PvP, but I have confidence higher level PvP sorts it out (Beartrap, any form of freezing, and under some circumstances flickerstrike+dualstrike combo). Please keep in mind gear -is- a factor in PvP. PvP requires far better gear than PvE to be competitive. I was facestomping the act 2 boss, but my gear was still not up to par for PvP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info