Soooo......Unique strongboxes?

"
Tyrfalger wrote:
I'd want to see a unique strongbox that contains…another strongbox! Since SoTV is RNGception themed.

You'd think someone would have found one by now. Maybe best bet is to chance (and/or regret) all the normal strongboxes you come across.

My thought is that if they simply weren't implemented yet, GGG probably wouldn't have mentioned them, and may have even commented on this thread mentioning that fact. The fact it hasn't been mentioned makes it seem more likely they are indeed in game, but perhaps just don't spawn on their own.

The most likely way to spawn them would indeed be chance orbs I would guess, though even if it works, we don't know which strongbox "bases" potentially have unique versions. Guess there's only one way to find out for sure!
"
Vermin wrote:

'Schrodinger's Box' - it may be full of uniques, it may instantly kill you - you don't know which until you look....

The real question is whether the cat inside will be dead or not...
"If we don't end wars, wars will end us."
"
S4l3m wrote:
"
Vermin wrote:

'Schrodinger's Box' - it may be full of uniques, it may instantly kill you - you don't know which until you look....

The real question is whether the cat inside will be dead or not...

Just imagine opening a strongbox with a dead cat inside...
I've been chancing Strongboxes at every opportunity. Have gotten some nice rares but have yet to see anything orange pop up. I guess I should just keep forging ahead, FOR SCIENCE.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
Found one Unique strongbox yesterday @ act II weavers chambers on cruel (lvl 40), bloodlines difficulty

the affixes were:
guarded by 3 rogue exiles
drops 3 unique items

dont remember exactly the rest but smth like drops 6 additional rare items and doesnt drop anything else.
"
Gugap wrote:
Found one Unique strongbox yesterday @ act II weavers chambers on cruel (lvl 40), bloodlines difficulty

the affixes were:
guarded by 3 rogue exiles
drops 3 unique items

dont remember exactly the rest but smth like drops 6 additional rare items and doesnt drop anything else.

troll
How has no one said this yet? Oba's cursed trove has 3 guaranteed unique strongboxes at the end
"
7thFullMoon wrote:
How has no one said this yet? Oba's cursed trove has 3 guaranteed unique strongboxes at the end

Probably because the last post before the necro was from March? That was before Oba's.
"
SkytheOwn wrote:
"
7thFullMoon wrote:

Probably because the last post before the necro was from March? That was before Oba's.

Yeah, it seems like Gugap didn't check the wiki to see that the 3 known unique strongboxes are already well-documented.
Kaom's Cache

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kaom%27s_Cache

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1rqs6sqbmE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info