Invasion ruined game for me.

"

I didn't start out having a negative attitude to the league. I actually looked forward to it as a child for Christmas. But the more I played, the more I felt disconnected with the turn the new league had taken. My negative attitude grew, and finally I came to the conclusion to stop playing for now - or as you diplomatically said it: To GTFO

This is exactly what happened to me.
I even said in my guild chat direclty before launch: "I hope i RIP tons of times in Invasion".

HOW you die matters more than GGG thinks it does.
I got my ass flat out handed to me four times in a row in Nemesis and kept rerolling till i full on FINISHED a character.

Invasion, i died once at 40, and now i've rerolled back to 50 and have no desire to continue. It's a fully new build i've never used that I'm enjoying, and yet i still have no desire to play. It's not the deaths that are bothering me, it's just how stupid the mechanics leading to the deaths are most of the time.
Last edited by Xendran on Mar 20, 2014, 2:51:28 AM
I can hear what you are all saying - however - you still fail to miss one of my important points:
What I want is a clean slate - that is not for me, but for the league. I looked forward to play in a league where everyone is new. I actually stopped playing Nemesis in the end, because the valuta was already set in stone and everyone had everything.

I looked forward to a new league where everyone was new, and with a new twist.

I liked every bit of it except the fact that the 'twist' became too implemented.

I will probably wait for the next league, but until then I will not play PoE - even though I miss it, but I know that as soon as I start on regular HC, I will find it boring because there's no pioneer aspect at all anymore, and if I start on Invasion again, I won't like the "twist" that I feel is heavily debated.

I played a lot and a lot of Diablo II - and every time the made a new league, I was there immediately, because I love the pioneer concept. I think most of the people who seem to invalidate my feedback (even the post who people complimented was actually an invalidation of my feedback, and if you actually read it, it's basically saying "you don't know what you're talking about" - just in a nice way) - they don't understand that the pioneer aspect is only found in the new league - and since the new league doesn't do it for me, then I will wait.
Not agree. Its a good thing they re there every zone, its a +++ for me, like it was in nemesis mods were there everytime, if they were like exiles in anarchy it would be so damn boring. Few of those bosses are just not balanced, even considering some changes made to the skills. After few rips i'm trying out ambush now and i don't like that the boxes are not there every zone. ( their spawn rate is okish though )
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
Problem is with some of those unique bosses are simply ridicoulos ,they make Merciless Dominus look like a joke.
Like the Cyclone one that leaves chaos damage like the arctic armor trail effect.Even with positive chaos resists it will still melt your life intantly ,even if you try to dodge since he desyncs all around the place because of Cyclone.

Last edited by dualestl on Mar 20, 2014, 8:35:58 AM
I don't play invasion but I can see from what people said that its all about knowing who you are fighting if you dont know his skills then just run off maybe have someone tanky vaal glacial hammer him somewhere and fun away the bosses are suppose to be FEARED or else they would of added random poop easy mode exiles that are ALREADY in the game. there testing out another type of boss that is obviously STRONGER then exiles they want people to know when to fight and when not to fight, in median xl for example there are witches ( i think there just called witches ? not sure i forget ) and if you get close to them they wake up and just 1shot you. how to deal with them? don't wake them up... run...xD whats wrong with that? I think. the point of those bosses is not to kill them all but to fear them, like you have never feared anything in this game.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
I Totally agree with the OP, and he is not even remotely close to the only one that feels that way. friends have completely disappeared, and guildmates have left, or refuse to play Invasion anymore.

Personally for me, all i want to do now in Invasion is reach the challenge level of 90, but it gets harder and harder to keep wanting to even try with every death to stupid Invasion Bosses. I have even started running from ALL bosses now, which is against my nature, but then still die, because some can get you by complete surprise, and others are very difficult to run away from (flickering EK black spider for one).

Invasion sucks the fun right out of playing
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
MasterAxe wrote:
I Totally agree with the OP, and he is not even remotely close to the only one that feels that way. friends have completely disappeared, and guildmates have left, or refuse to play Invasion anymore.

Personally for me, all i want to do now in Invasion is reach the challenge level of 90, but it gets harder and harder to keep wanting to even try with every death to stupid Invasion Bosses. I have even started running from ALL bosses now, which is against my nature, but then still die, because some can get you by complete surprise, and others are very difficult to run away from (flickering EK black spider for one).

Invasion sucks the fun right out of playing

time for AH3!!
I love invasion. It's so much easier than onslaught. Except for Haviri, Simi, Sheaq, Inti, Ch'aska and Ossecati. They are best avoided :-) I have absolutely no problem avoiding them though! And I'll probably start doing them soon enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info