Invasion ruined game for me.

Hello

I write this post because I believe that it's only fair to let you know why I stop playing your game.

I had been looking forward to a new league for hardcore where I would start with a clean slate - frankly the game gets boring when you have too much gear.

I started invasion and immediately liked the concept. Random bosses appear now and then - great idea! Corrupted areas are genius!
Then I played a little more and ran into more random bosses - first RIP I had was to a semi-imbalanced boss - I liked it. My first thought: "Great, you have to learn the new bosses to survive them! Good challenge!"

So I rolled a new character and played again...and ran into more bosses. And more bosses. And more bosses. Suddenly the 'great concept' had become mundane...after playing it for just a couple of weeks. Running into end-of-act-strength bosses every map...was not only boring, but also game-disturbing.

I started avoiding the bosses because I actually wanted to play Path of Exile, not Path of Invasionbosses-every-single-map.

In the end I must say: I give up.

I don't play Path of Exile to spend 50% of the time clearing a map and the other 50% time fighting the boss that are in the area - and in ADDITION to this fighting end-of-act bosses + regular map bosses.

I loved your concept - I wish you had made it to events instead of fullscale gameplay.

If you had spawned the bosses at the same rate as your corrupted areas, I'd have loved it and played on happily - but you removed the actual gameplay from the game.

I will not play Invasion, because I simply believe that you ruined the game with spawning bosses on EVERY map, ALL the time, EVERYWHERE. (I loved the part, though, that you could run into a boss in Brutus and Mervil's Lair.

I will not play Hardcore, as I waited for a new league with which you decided to destroy the game.

If you decide to change the rate of the Invasion bosses spawning, I'll be happy to start playing again - but as it is now, I think the game as become ridiculous and not worth playing. Since you decide what you do with your game, I will try to find what I am looking for elsewhere - maybe the new Diablo III expansion...even though they severely ruined the Diablo franchise with Diablo III....but it might still be better than what you dumped down PoE to IMO.

Sincerely,
TheDanishElf
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This is similar to how i feel.

The invasion features: Bosses that you run away from and have no real reward for killing.
Mobs around the boss = more mobs to desync on.

Then i look at the other league

The ambush features: Solo Self Found friendly strongboxes.

Great Risk:Reward there, guys. Absolutely brilliant, 11/10 oscar winning.
The problem here is OP doesn't know the difference in a game design decision that he doesn't prefer versus a game design decision that "ruins the game".

Or in other words.. doesn't understand that his opinion isn't everyone's opinion.

It's 100% fine to not like the new invasion mechanic. It's 100% fine to express that opinion in the feedback section.. but to suggest that the game is ruined/destroyed because you personally don't like something is just selfish/entitled.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
"
Panda413 wrote:
The problem here is OP doesn't know the difference in a game design decision that he doesn't prefer versus a game design decision that "ruins the game".

Or in other words.. doesn't understand that his opinion isn't everyone's opinion.

It's 100% fine to not like the new invasion mechanic. It's 100% fine to express that opinion in the feedback section.. but to suggest that the game is ruined/destroyed because you personally don't like something is just selfish/entitled.

So you just totally ignored the fact that "ruined the game" and "ruined the game for me" are two totally separate concepts so you had an excuse to call the OP entitled. These forums....

"

I will not play Invasion, because I simply believe that you ruined the game

You see that? That's not an entitled "Change everything now or game is ruined forever". That combined with the thread title is clearly a "the game is ruined for me, i will start playing again later if the game changes".

But no, on these forums everybody immediately assumes the worst, and that everybody else is an extremist who is only capable of seeing one thing.
Last edited by Xendran on Mar 19, 2014, 12:04:43 PM
"
Panda413 wrote:

This is like, the 4th thread you crash in on and start bashing the OP.

Why are you so incredibly defensive in your attitude? Just accept that Invasion isn't a great success already
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Invasion's been a roaring success for me. Yeah I ripped a couple of times. Total bullshit rips off screen to Ch'aska and Judgement Apparatus. Been there. But finally reaching maps with a character felt so fcking guuuuuuudd!

Yep, there will be some bumps on the road here and there. But progressing through content never felt so rewarding before.

Btw pissing and moaning won't get you anywhere in this league. So better get some attitude or GTFO.
"

Btw pissing and moaning won't get you anywhere in this league. So better get some attitude or GTFO.

You might want to read what forum section you are in before spouting stuff that makes you look the way you do.
"

I started avoiding the bosses because I actually wanted to play Path of Exile, not Path of Invasionbosses-every-single-map.

So I read this sentence and I wondered why are you playing invasion then? I get its the current HC league but there is many other leagues to play including actual HC, ambush(which is great fun) and the new cutthroat.

I've played all HC leagues in the last year so you have my sympathies but don't force yourself to play Invasion if you're not enjoying it. I made the same decision and just started ambush.
The good thing about it is that short leagues are just testing, and feedback will be taken into account when they decide what to integrate with the game.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Sorry to hear you don't like fighting ( or running the hell away from ) a powerful unique boss in every instance. I actually still enjoy it, despite getting ruined quite often by it!

Keep in mind that it only runs for 4 months, and then things get changed up again. There is still the regular HC league if you want to play some of the more classic gameplay.

I'm tempted to suggest, after this league, that the bosses spawn in 30-40% of the time. That is still quite frequently, but not a guarantee. However, if you mention adding more rng, people kinda lose their shit around here.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info