Cut-throat, Event 3: 3 Hour Cut-throat

Well Here is my thought of the current state of cut throat mechanics. Wasn't sure where you guys wanted the feedback but a friend pmed Rory_GGG for me and Rory said to post here.

First thing I noticed. People were still able to log out immediately via the character selection screen. I think the last time there was a cut throat race there was no option to exit to character select.. so new restriction needs to be added here.

Second, If you want more valuable feedback set a level cap at certain levels in the game for example : "Don't let people progress past act 3 normal in a race." This way people can at least build up resistances or get the required flask to become immune or semi immune to perma freeze. Don't put the progression cap at the start of cruel because everyone will be -20 resist.

Third, There also needs to be a counter to Traps. You should be able to see them or be able to un root yourself with a flask or something. Or just make it so they cant permanently lock you in place over n over. At least with the freeze mechanic you can counter the perma freeze.

I didn't run into any problems where "higher level players" like 10+ levels above me were camping me or anything but others seem to have that problem. Set a restriction for high level players that are 10+ levels to not be able to join lower level players instances. Than in the future maybe introduce a murder system.

"
Drystion wrote:
Killed by a shadow in forest that insta froze with cold snap from so far away that there wasnt even a red cross on my map, then freeze pulsed to death. Ran back got stuff, made new instance, same thing again. How the heck does someone remove there x on the map.

The marker is barely bigger than your screen now.

Why is everybody such a coward :(
I feel like quitting the 12h after 3h....

Last kill was the #4 guy.

#1 and #2 were always running away, should kill certain cowards before brutus.
#5 was aiming for most corrupted instances.

Final EQ:
Spoiler

In the end I could invade only 3 players.
_GreenDude_ , CountingTheToll and SliceAndDiceIsTheGame :/

The low level restriction is just to big there is no way a level 4 can surive a level 10 attack at ledge.

"
I think the level range either needs to be tweaked or there was a bug.... that a level 9 and 10, ran into a level 19 and level 20 who basically 1-shotted us both.

I can understand a few levels, 3-4, but not 10.

The restriction is 6 levels. The only way you can be killed by a level 20 at level 10 is if a level 14 invades you so the level 20 invades the level 14.
Last edited by Hilbert on Mar 21, 2014, 5:21:14 AM
"
harmonic2 wrote:
greendude yellowdude.

lots of running away from greendude in this one.

obviously too scared.

Lol QQ on forums cause a duelist won't duel your temp chains glacial hammer templar?

If i had wanderlust or a freeze immunity flask sure, but I didnt have either so fighting a templar is like commiting suicide XD
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Mar 21, 2014, 5:14:57 AM
that was pretty fun, loving the league also. Cant wait for the longer 12hour one.
@Joorix
i finished at level 14
52nd on the ladder
why such a big absence of participants?
between season drought?

Spoiler

glad i stashed these though

"
greendude yellowdude.

lots of running away from greendude in this one.

obviously too scared.

You both ran away from me :(
Everytime I /whoised you you were on another server or a2 town.

There weren't many players to invade after I killed #4 because only 3 players in range were online.

Slice was in corrupted zones most of the time.

"
You both ran away from me :(
Everytime I /whoised you you were on another server or a2 town.

Didn't see you. If I did there would have been a fight. Spent the last 45 minutes looking for someone to duel. Chasing greendude around act 3 mostly. Though you had much better gear than me, I probably would have lost.

Temp chains dropped mid-way through act 2 which was nice, didn't get to use it much though due to the lack of players.

3 hours is a terrible length for a cut-throat for a lot of reasons.

Short duration cut-throats are workable, but there needs to be a zone progression cap so that players are a similar-ish level towards the end of the event & the deciding xp difference between players is determined more by their pvp kills at the end. For example in a 1-hour cut-throat they could make The Southern Forest (or the Forest Encampment) the maximum level zone that players can progress to. This will condense the distribution of player levels, evening the field and creating a battleground for the latter stages of the event.

In many ways, I think this mode will work much better in long duration (1 month++) events. Such an event has many similarities to a "self-found" league in that players are encouraged to keep a stash of backup items rather than sell their marginal loot. Even if trading is enabled, the market will be pretty barren due to the much smaller player base and the fact that selling good drops to other people only increases their ability to kill you. Looking forward to one of these long duration events.
Would be really likely that you would have lost because I still had several rare rustic sashs and whetstones in stash.

And even the 2-4 brassmauls were lost I still had that one.

"
Didn't see you. If I did there would have been a fight.

Maybe you just tped out instead of leaving because you heard many fast leaps.
I used local chat the last minute and Green Dude just tped out in docks :(

"
Short duration cut-throats are workable, but there needs to be a zone progression cap so that players are a similar-ish level towards the end of the event & the deciding xp difference between players is determined more by their pvp kills at the end

I suggested something like that in season 2 because lactif races were the ones with most fair PVP/CT actin.

Just prevent users to enter rocky climb and send them to the beginning of ledge again.

1h cap at ledge
2h cap at southern forest
3h cap at sarn should work out.

The main issue is the far too big invasion level limiter.
Most players even those on my FL decide to obtain level 12 or 10 and pk at ledge/climb/prison or prisoners gate.

That's why CT races didn't become popular.(There wasn't even a level limit)
The core issue is the same.
And later on you will get massive problems finding players in big zones, especially with the 1,2 screens red cross(sounds are a better indicator finding players than the red cross)

Some areas are just way too big. There is next to no chance you will kill players in areas like Battlefront, Marketplace or Barracks if aren't instantly invading.

Another thing I don't really like with the new invasion system is the absence of finding empty instances.
In regular CT races those were perfect to follow a path of corpses.
For example I don't really like Cavern of Wrath(no experience puncture etc), so I took somebodies Cavern instance and invaded him in Cavern of Anger, when I also didn't have to deal with suicider mobs. But you must live with it now unless those instance leave a creator fingerprint because you can easily abuse empty instances to kill low players.

I would really prefer something like Descent (Champions)/EL CT from that point of view.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info