why does noone use LS anymore?

hi,

i discovered a dual curse ls/rt/static blows build for my unspeced lvl 83 mara.

im pretty awared of this game so i dont need critics on my passive tree.. but when i look at the mara forums.. why noone does use LS? when i look at poe wiki the properties of LS arnt that bad. so why?!

thx for answers

p.s. ls = Lightning strike

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
Last edited by trashs1 on Mar 18, 2014, 9:14:27 AM
no one knows? :(

no clue what the flavor of the month in standard is really, probably something else scales better as glass cannon?
thats not helping :/

I guess Spectral Throw is the reason.
Physical Damage instead of elemental, easy to spec, easy to support, better angle...
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Lightning strike+meleesplash= good aoe VS. Infernal blow+meleesplash= insane explosion

some skills are just weak compared to others like infernal blow+melee splash which do mass aoe,
or better example dualstrike+melesplash deal more aoe then cleave
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
ls+ melee splash ofc... :/

but thx for anwers anyways

Nah.

Its because of how they changed multistrike affecting lightning strike.

Back before the change in closed beta (and back when it was a fps killer), multistrikes damage reduction didnt apply to the projectiles. As you can imagine, using Iron Grip with it made it quite an amazing damaging ability, but then they changed it to also affected the projectiles. Basically they killed the ability like they did with elemental cleave (cleave was used soo much because the damage reduction only applied to physical and not elemental).

Lightning Strike isnt really used much anymore for a few reasons, one of them being the one i just listed above. Spectral Throw is also definitely a winner in terms of its mechanics, replacing lightning strike where lightning strike was unique compared to the other melee abilities.

Honestly they need to buff it back up or do something with it to put it back on par with the other abilities.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Mar 20, 2014, 2:33:06 AM
thx for the first helpful post :)

that's a shame. as I just started a lightning build and thought LS would be my main skill. shame it's not on par with other options right now :( they really need to buff it up then for it to stand equal

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info