How many acts there will be and some more

RTBF
If you have any problems regarding me, then please, kindly <inster curse word> off.
Last edited by pcurocs on Jan 12, 2022, 4:22:15 PM
I hope they keep making acts so that way people won't really get to finish the game in under a year... Like when the first person reaches act II, act III is released, when they finish act II act IV is released... and I am all for 5-10 hours per act... as long as it isn't D2's second act... ugh I hate sand, I don't mind wastelands but sand doesn't fit the dark theme, I hope the amount of areas increases per act later on... not too many games do that but I think having something less than predictable would do justice to such a polished genre.
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
"
cybrim wrote:
I hope they keep making acts so that way people won't really get to finish the game in under a year... Like when the first person reaches act II, act III is released, when they finish act II act IV is released... and I am all for 5-10 hours per act... as long as it isn't D2's second act... ugh I hate sand, I don't mind wastelands but sand doesn't fit the dark theme, I hope the amount of areas increases per act later on... not too many games do that but I think having something less than predictable would do justice to such a polished genre.

Well according to GGG they hope/plan for this game to have a long lifetime (10 years) so I think its a safe bet that theyll make more acts and stuff :)
"...You know the difference between arrogance and confidence?

Confidence can back its shit up." -Charan
I would absolutely love each act to be 10+ hours long. But unfortunately, I was told that the first act at least was around 5 hours long a while back.

It also depends on the game. I have not played POE and do not know how fun it actually is to play... though i can bet that it will be a blast. So yeah, we will just have to wait and see.

Not long now =)
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!
Well having 4 acts is good enough for me just as long as they're not short and they have a good storyline
ACE Member.
"
oORyanOo wrote:
Well having 4 acts is good enough for me just as long as they're not short and they have a good storyline

Same here, and I'll add just that : and a good difficulty, I'm bored with all the easy games!!!
Hack&Slash lover!
Diablo I was about more than just hack'n'slash because your rogue could pick locks... I loved her... the pace was too damn slow though, a literal dungeon CRAWL. As long as the acts are longer than Diablo II... 5 hours should be plenty of time, especially to go back and build up for the next big act that will come out eventually... XD
From read first summary thread :

"
-There are 3 acts in which you will play at the release (currently 1 act takes ~2~ hours of playtime if you rush it) a quote by chris

The alpha at the moment contains all of Act 1 (and 2). It takes around two hours to complete this act if you ignore side areas and know what you're doing.

Hey guys ! What is important is the quality, not the quantity, think about it.
Last edited by ZooL on Jul 25, 2011, 12:46:24 PM
True but at the same time it needs to feel like more than a DEMO... There are some high quality DEMO games out there but I agree quality in quantity, If you bum rush it you may not enjoy it as much, the game looks great, I understand that there is a LOT of pressure on the DEVS and I am very appreciative of everything that they are doing to make a high quality experience.
I think Blizzard hit the spot with D2. 5 Acts, all of excellent quality, all of different design, and perfect length.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info