Aura ranking

Would be interested to see everyone's personal opinion on aura ranking. I add 'personal opinion' to emphasize that it is subjective and not set in stone. This is my opinion:

1. Grace
The best one: every character can benefit from this flat amount of evasion except characters that took unwavering stance without IR (uncommon) or characters that use ezomyte peak without IR (non-existent).

2. Haste
The values are pretty low which is why most non-aura-focused-builds will go for something else but this aura benefits both casters and attackers, even builds that do not use either (i.e. RF) get a bonus from the movement speed

3. Clarity
Gives a lot of mana regen, not much to say

4. Discipline
Essential for ES-based characters and also really strong for EB-based characters, even chars without that can benefit from the 50% chance to avoid stun and slightly increased buffer to their hitpoints

5. Wrath
Lightning is really strong due to the shock potential

6. Hatred
Adds more damage to EK and physical attacks

7. Purity of Elements
Great crutch for ele weakness maps or leveling

8. Purity of Lightning and Fire
Fire and Lightning are scary

9. Purity of Ice
Less scary than fire/light but still good

10. Anger
Adds elemental damage, good for WED builds

11. Vitality
Pretty good for summoners, RFers and helpful on degen maps

12. Determination
Not that great unless used in conjunction with IR and Grace, maybe there are some shield builds that use it without that
Beyond league.
Obvious choice... use all 12.
Vitality along with Haste needs buffs pretty hard =/
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

12. Determination
Not that great unless used in conjunction with IR and Grace, maybe there are some shield builds that use it without that

I use it on my 2-handed weapon templar to compensate for the decresased armour due to the need of having hybrid armour/ES chestpiece (I run Arctic Armour too). IR is too far away to go for it. My damage reduction goes up from 22 to 32%. Shouldn't I use it? Just asking, I don't have as much experience as other people do.

The aura I've used most often so far is Hatred, it gives insane DPS boosts both on my RoA Ranger and LS Templar. But, of course, it wouldn't be so useful for purely elemental damage builds.
I'm not a native English speaker. Should you spot a mistake in my post, feel free to point it out. Thanks!
Standard IGN: Aerandair
Divination Card results: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1591823
Last edited by Anseth on Mar 15, 2014, 7:29:47 PM
My opinion

1. Hatred
OP, really need nerf.

2. Grace
Balanced but overused.

3. Discipline
For CI/lowlife user it's almost a must.

4. Clarity
Very usefull unless you are a physical attack damage user.

5. Purity of Elements
Always your best friend if you don't have good gear.

6. Determination
Sadly too many build go for Grace and IR so not widely used but still good one.

7. Wrath and Anger
Only for some ele attack users for example ele st.

8. Purity of Fire
RF user only. For others noone cares about fire damage. Ignite is harmless. Oh maybe it can be used against Queen Atziri?

9. Purity of Lightning
Dominus, Shock and Horror etc. It's easy to get shocked and most people don't have a flask or gear to counter.

10. Purity of Ice
Most cold damage won't freeze you. For those that can actually freeze you, flask is a good option. Plus you can simply immune to freeze.

13. Haste
Need buff. Compared to other auras, the opportunity cost is way too high.

12. Vitality
Also need buff. Even summoner don't use it after the summoner node buff.
IGN: Standard/FuheiRabbit; Ambush/I_Dont_Need_Pants
IR + Grace + Determination + 3-4 endurance charges = pretty easy 85%+ phys damage reduction
vitality cost 40% of your mana and gives you the same amount as 1 or sometimes 2 nodes in the tree...

like come on vitality should give extra life or something i think its pathetic when you compare how many nodes you need to

achieve 40% all resist
(atleast 6)
achieve 9% movement speed 16 cast speed 16 atack speed
(ateaslt 8)

bleh actually i use vitality and giving it more regen might make it OP but i think it should have something else like extra hp from potions or something stupid but definetly something more

IGN: RFFP
You cant rank them. Some builds require specific auras, while others find those auras to be completely useless.
ก็็็็็็็็็็IGN:Varanice(90 EA Marauder); Aura_Amoureux (8X LL Aurastack Cyclone Scion)
Softore Shop Thread #665265 -Uniques, Race Rewards, Gems, and more.
I also play LLD PvP in SC, and race as Witch or occasionally Scion.
www.twitch.tv/varanice
My personal opinion is it's completely meaningless since it depends on the build. For example, clarity can be literally worse than useless with Soul Taker.
IGN: Victario
"
celeritas wrote:
My personal opinion is it's completely meaningless since it depends on the build. For example, clarity can be literally worse than useless with Soul Taker.

I agree 100% lol.
ก็็็็็็็็็็IGN:Varanice(90 EA Marauder); Aura_Amoureux (8X LL Aurastack Cyclone Scion)
Softore Shop Thread #665265 -Uniques, Race Rewards, Gems, and more.
I also play LLD PvP in SC, and race as Witch or occasionally Scion.
www.twitch.tv/varanice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info