Missing characters

I was playing last night with no issues. I log back in today and see that I have none of my characters. I thought it was just another one of those 'I need to log back out and in' but I tried a couple times and they still aren't there. I waited another 15 minutes or so to give it a little time and the characters still aren't there. I tried to make a character to see if I could still access my stash, but upon hitting create the game logged out with 'An unexpected disconnection occurred' or some message to that sort. Logged back in again and still no characters and no random character I made. Help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Edit: And yes I have double checked I had the correct realm selected.
Last edited by Smanger on Jan 29, 2013, 8:38:19 PM
Update: I tried again after the update, still having the same problem with missing characters.
Bump to keep this post fresh, still having the same problem today. The website still shows all my characters even though it does not in game.
I have also tried making a new character on the other servers, same error and disconnect issue as well.
It was running just fine before?

Try uninstalling/deleting POE folder and reinstalling/redownloading it. It seems like some file downloaded is corrupt.
I ran the PackCheck and no errors came up, so I'm not sure if that will help :(
Yep, it will. Don't forget to delete the whole POE folder before reinstalling.
Well the problem with that is I'm at a place where the isp is reaaaalllly slow, so redownloading the game will take about 12hrs or more. I definitely want to try avoiding that option if possible.
I have done a full and fresh reinstall/redownload of the game. Still can't see my characters, create a character, and still getting the 'Unexpexted disconnection occurred' message.
Bump. Also, anyone have any new news on a fix for any of this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info