Betting / Wagering in PVP aka Gambling

Now that Open Beta has begun, I'd like to see what our new player base thinks of this previously discussed idea.

Allowing wagers on PVP would be phenomenal. Essentially letting players choose to wager and then display a trade type window allowing players to agree on what item or items to wager (eg. an armor, an orb, etc).

What do you all think?
"It's a harsh, difficult world. You have to be prepared for it. We're not babying the players."
- Chris Wilson - Producer, Lead Designer @ Grinding Gear Games
i like it. +

Also if ppl could bet for pvp match where other are fighting.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
Last edited by Ramanuga on Jan 29, 2013, 4:56:26 PM
"
Ramanuga wrote:
Also if ppl could bet for pvp match where other are fighting.

Oh, I didn't think about that. That could be very cool too, especially for a long time undefeated vs undefeated match.
"It's a harsh, difficult world. You have to be prepared for it. We're not babying the players."
Oh hell yes.

Brings back memories of RSC staking.
Its an interesting idea, especially for players that previously taunted each other in all chat or just dont like each other for whatever reason. Hell Even for Clans facing each other in 3on3 because something was going on between then would be so good. Or just the usual thrill or being able to lose/win 20 alchs in that one match :)

Related things to fix / implement in order to make this work:

An automatic option to "agree" on the amount of stuff you put on the line. Lets say 2 ppl join matchmaking and both want to bet some alchs. One puts 3 alchs on the line, the other one 10. So in the end they would just play for 3 alchs since that is the minimum amount all parties agreed on.

Another option would be to just get back double the amount you put on the line from the game, out of nothing, but thats too much abusable - its something for tournaments as a reward!

People betting on others playing should also need to find someone betting against them. However, before this gets implemented a good spectator system (and maybe a replay system) should be added. The Spectator UI couldhave a betting option where you see what ppl are willing to put on the line. You can how bet against them by matching their bet (if you have the required Items).

Aswan
I really like the idea of spectating a good pvp match and making bets on the result of it. xD
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Jan 30, 2013, 11:25:37 AM
Sounds like that would be fun. Particularly liking the idea of being able to spectate arena PvP events.
It really would be great to be able watch others PVP and be able to place bets. That could be an addiction of it's own. Of course if I make a great PVP character, it would be fun to bet on my own matches as well. I hope GGG considers this. :)
Support, I was wondering if/when this would be implemented.
Yes PLEASE! .. this would make things immensely interesting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info