[1.1.0 HC/Standard] Asta's lvl 85 "The Auraphoner", CI Ele Wander, 9k ES, 10k DPS

Greetings my Witch fellows!

Important points (before i write down the build idea) about the build:

Pros
- 9/10k DPS are with a simple 5L / 4L, in addition i've skilled static blows (not included in the DPS!)
- CI
- Playstyle: Kite 'n Deal
- Costs (< 10 Ex)
- Power Siphon/Frenzy with ~4-5 APS is plain...fun!
- A lot of options passive wise from 85-100
- It's possible to play this with a blue wand and a lvl 5 power siphon ;))

Cons
- low EHP (9k ES with better then average gear, no block, no dodge, no armour)
- needs CI uniques
- not newbie friendly, if you dont understand the CI mechanics (stun, status allignments)
- not recommended in new leagues, 'cuz lack of CI Gear
- Lacks in Aoe till you have enough Mana Regen to support GMP (or 6Link with LMP+Chain)

About the build idea (just a bit blabla..:)):

Spoiler
After 1.5 years of playing Witch only, i was sometimes wondering why some skills do just suck while others are plain good. And the answer is quite simple. It's all about the up scaling of damage.

Example:
Arc - shit since open beta, no way to scale it up. Chain bombs mana cost to infinity, high res on mobs scales its damage down. Crit of 4% also doesn't allow to scale it properly with crit multi/crit chance.

Spectral Throw - good since release, even after nerfs. Can be scaled with with phys dmg, can be scaled with IAS, can be scaled with Hatred, can be scaled with WED, can be scaled with the weapon and even with crit(i.e Dagger crit shadow).

See the difference ? ;)

Since latest patches, the aura's becoming very powerfull, 'cuz they added a new way to scale them up: aura nodes. So i tried to find a way to make use of it. The opportunity is simple formulated: Scale the base of Wrath/Anger up with Auranodes, IAS, WED from passive, WED gear and then just simply add WED Gem ;)

In addition, every aura node buffs your mana regen and your discipline. So the aura nodes have a nice synergy with everything else you need.

TL;DR
Spoiler
I just use auranodes/IAS/all sort of WED to scale the dmg up

Build uniques:
Spoiler

Free 30% IAS and a bit Ele DMG for all CI Users.

Not necessary and not best in slot, but more easy to find then a best in slot item.

Necessary. For.every.CI.user.these.are.a.must.End-of-story.
If you can effort an Auxium, buy it! But you'll need a good res+manaregen+wed ring to compensate the belt!

Rest of Gear
Spoiler

You see, its nothing special there. Wand is medium (Just need high APS, +1/+2/+3 to gemz or very good ele damage rolls), 750 ES chest 5L. 230 ES Helm, 400 ES shield. All payable. And yea, i'm using a level 5 power siphon ;)

Passive Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAB2MMfRB_EVARlhXXFkAXLxmKGo8c3B0UHaoksCepKPopTyy_LYMvbzKJNsU62DvhPI4_c0NjRnFHBk3YVdZWLVZjVytXyVfiWPVZ819qZOdmnme9bRlvnnC7cU1yqXfleM582X5Zf8aApIFvgpuCx4MJhX2GrobRjHaPRo_6kyeXBprPm7WdxJ48oqOnCKcrrH-sqrQMtzG4k7vWwBrBxcHzwzrDbcSixp7KStMb14bYJNkT2wLb5-GI4vfmgeq66-7sGOw47m_22vno-tL7CQ==

Bandits:
Spoiler
Norm - Passive
Cruel - Passive
Merci - Frenzy Charge (don't take the Power Charge! You dont have Power Charges up at Bosses!)

DPS/Defences:
Spoiler

Even if this is actually standard, i think this build is viable for HC if you have the gear. I died quite early (arround 72 in a 69 map it was, i think), but the build was really enjoyable, thats why i continue'd playing in standard. Meanwhile, i think its really a good build (thats why im sharing it) with a lot of possible improvements and also with some up and downs. Also, the passive cost me a lot of work to design it arround CI/Aura/WED etc., while this is maybe some sort of startup for other build ideas.

Best Regards
Asta
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Mar 20, 2014, 2:23:14 PM
reserved.

reserved.

Added DPS/Defences.

What about leveling?
your defenses dont show up only your dps is viewable
Also this build is no where near hardcore viable if you dont have any amour or iron reflexes allocated.... some things can 1 shot you even through 8k sheild

Also since you are ci why not blood rage instead of frenzy
Last edited by stools on Mar 16, 2014, 7:45:54 PM
"
What about leveling?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/479976
Easy, good written and newbiefriendly leveling up guide. It is up to you when you switch to CI.

"
our defenses dont show up only your dps is viewable

You can scroll it.

"
Also this build is no where near hardcore viable if you dont have any amour or iron reflexes allocated.... some things can 1 shot you even through 8k sheild

First of all, Iron Reflexes or Armor does not prevent 1-shotting. This is because armor has deminishing returns against huge hits.

Secondly, there is iterally _nothing_ that hits more then 8k, if you dont buff it imensely with map mods. 9k ES is, was and will be allways viable for a HC Hit 'n Kite build.

Also, my ES on gear is not high, its only a little above average. You can easly reach 9.5+ with good ES Gear.

"
Also since you are ci why not blood rage instead of frenzy

Blood Rage needs to be fed to keep frenzy charges up. Especially against bosses you need Frenzy to not loose all your Frenzy charges.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Mar 17, 2014, 11:30:24 AM
Looks interesting, could you add a Video ?
Gonna try to survive throughout Invasion with this build. Also, how do you handle certain Invaders in the lower levels e.g. totem witch, jumping goat guy, spiders?
Last edited by ExitTrance on Mar 20, 2014, 7:52:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info