[2.3] Shakk's Cyclone Build. A story about a man and his fists.

Hi guys,

Thanks Shakka for sharing your build.

Have a few questions if you don't mind.

Currently playing as a Marauder (lvl 89) and would like to give this build a try. I'm assuming from the tree that this build would be possible for this class. Could you please tell me why you've chosen Duelist over Marauder - what are the benefits?

Also, more importantly, how well does this build perform in the Warbands league? I've noticed so many of the items have been nerfed e.g. max 800% on facebreakers, reduced damage on Meginord's Girdle, ele resistance + block chance drastically reduced on Saffell's Frame.

I apologise if some of these points have already been covered in earlier posts. Looked through a few pages and couldn't find much.

Many thanks.
IGN: MrNobody
"
AI1055 wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks Shakka for sharing your build.

Have a few questions if you don't mind.

Currently playing as a Marauder (lvl 89) and would like to give this build a try. I'm assuming from the tree that this build would be possible for this class. Could you please tell me why you've chosen Duelist over Marauder - what are the benefits?

Also, more importantly, how well does this build perform in the Warbands league? I've noticed so many of the items have been nerfed e.g. max 800% on facebreakers, reduced damage on Meginord's Girdle, ele resistance + block chance drastically reduced on Saffell's Frame.

I apologise if some of these points have already been covered in earlier posts. Looked through a few pages and couldn't find much.

Many thanks.

Yes of course, my tree takes the marauder starting nodes (both of them), so it works just as well as Marauder. As for why I chose Duelist? well.. I had a lot of Marauder characters, and no Duelist, and that's pretty much it, no real benefits besides that 1 attack speed node.

As for Warbands, I've been getting a lot of feedback from players that the build is performing quite well, I don't have a new Meginord's to test but with a 774% Facebreaker I managed to break the 100k dps mark.
Saffel Frame nerf should no matter, after all it's just your alternate shield, you'll still wear your main shield (eva or armor) 95% of the time.
Thanks Shakk, appreciate you taking your time to answer.
"
ShakkaFL wrote:

Yes of course, my tree takes the marauder starting nodes (both of them), so it works just as well as Marauder. As for why I chose Duelist? well.. I had a lot of Marauder characters, and no Duelist, and that's pretty much it, no real benefits besides that 1 attack speed node.

As for Warbands, I've been getting a lot of feedback from players that the build is performing quite well, I don't have a new Meginord's to test but with a 774% Facebreaker I managed to break the 100k dps mark.
Saffel Frame nerf should no matter, after all it's just your alternate shield, you'll still wear your main shield (eva or armor) 95% of the time.

How did u manage to break 100k, I hover around ~61k with all buffs up. Also I do not have 3 aura so no hearld of ash, but I dont think that is the reason why are dps are so different?
"
hence wrote:

How did u manage to break 100k, I hover around ~61k with all buffs up. Also I do not have 3 aura so no hearld of ash, but I dont think that is the reason why are dps are so different?

With a 778% Facebreaker, this is with Blood Rage active (obviously), and 3 Auras I run, Haste, Hatred and Herald of Ash. Do remember, my jewelry still has room for improvement, so much higher dps is achievable without sacrificing passives.

95k DPS without Frenzy charges.

113k DPS with 3 Frenzy Charges
Last edited by ShakkaFL on Jul 28, 2015, 6:51:10 PM
"
ShakkaFL wrote:
"
hence wrote:

With a 778% Facebreaker, this is with Blood Rage active (obviously), and 3 Auras I run, Haste, Hatred and Herald of Ash. Do remember, my jewelry still has room for improvement, so much higher dps is achievable without sacrificing passives.

95k DPS without Frenzy charges.

113k DPS with 3 Frenzy Charges

How are you doing survivability wise? For example versus lvl 80 map bosses?
"
AI1055 wrote:

How are you doing survivability wise? For example versus lvl 80 map bosses?

No problems, yet to die to a boss in 2.0, didn't die to Village Ruin boss either which seems to be the strongest boss, only died so far to yolo opening strongboxes (it's bad mkay) this patch.
I see why my dmg is different then yours.... I run Determination instead of Haste... I am going to run Haste totally forgot about that gem
Is this build uber viable in its current state?
"
ugonna100 wrote:
Is this build uber viable in its current state?

Killed Uber once pre-2.0, I might make a video of it when I get a set again. There's some things that change though, like runnning high level EC to get charges and using immortal call on the trio.

But shouldn't be too different, I mean the build got super buffed this patch
Last edited by ShakkaFL on Jul 30, 2015, 1:36:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info