Official thread about ideas & fixes for pvp

"
today a Level 98 Bow char killed me with one EA explosion.

Sorry ;) I can tell you though that other than me only crit EAs will be able to do so. I figured out some stuff you can do with EA but I don't think it will become overused as it's incredibly difficult to scale EA as I did. Crit EA might become overused / overpowered, let's see.

Also I don't think legacy Kaom's should get a nerf or get removed in pvp. ES recently got buffed and Kaom's is the go-to for non crit (lower but consistent damage) tanky builds. And without Kaom's those builds would be nonexistent as every crit build would oneshot them. And then pvp would be crit only ... >.>
Last edited by Xantaria on Mar 9, 2014, 7:56:22 AM
"
Xantaria wrote:
"
today a Level 98 Bow char killed me with one EA explosion.

Sorry ;) I can tell you though that other than me only crit EAs will be able to do so. I figured out some stuff you can do with EA but I don't think it will become overused as it's incredibly difficult to scale EA as I did. Crit EA might become overused / overpowered, let's see.

Also I don't think legacy Kaom's should get a nerf or get removed in pvp. ES recently got buffed and Kaom's is the go-to for non crit (lower but consistent damage) tanky builds. And without Kaom's those builds would be nonexistent as every crit build would oneshot them. And then pvp would be crit only ... >.>

bro i think they should nerf kaoms

he got 1shot
100 Marauder - Hardcore
28 PvP Duelist (271/69), 100 PvP Marauder (1147/219)- Standard [Retired in 2014]
The most reliable cross league trader HC <----> SC
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320004
IGN: BNDTJE
"

he got 1shot

10/10 - 'a masterpiece' - IGN
9,5/10 - 'incredible' - PCGamer
"
Xantaria wrote:
"

he got 1shot

10/10 - 'a masterpiece' - IGN
9,5/10 - 'incredible' - PCGamer

10/10 - 'invincible' -a random pvp scrub
100 Marauder - Hardcore
28 PvP Duelist (271/69), 100 PvP Marauder (1147/219)- Standard [Retired in 2014]
Please keep this thread clean and dedicated to pertinent information.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
But yeah i think they should leave legacys the way they are at the moment and focus on the rest instead.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
why block pen for swords only?

i think block should be marauder/duelist only

rest can hold spirit shields
100 Marauder - Hardcore
"
Banditje wrote:
Kaom's Heart

Only defence of a Marauder, which with current Marauder nerf of passive brought us down to 9-10k hp.

with current pvp balance where weapons and other skilles type specs are and were able to 1shot either me or whoever else is fighting with a legacy kaoms, why is Kaom's too much?

just a question for the experts who talk allday about legacy kaom's

Its the pride of the Marauder and it should have never been touched. Only for new leagues maybe to make them harder.

block too stronk
ek skilless
molten cheap
daggers OP
99% of pvp play manmode shield
Puncture tested=broken (lvl 28pvp archer vs lvl 100, 10k HP Marauder where 1 puncture trap took 7k of my hp) tested with 2 different archers for more legit results

Nerf Kaoms/Marauder passive

gg

Kaom's Heart was already been nerfed.

Now 1000hp Kaom's vs 500hp Kaom's is the game balance?

What I'm trying to say is to give the game a balance by removing legacy items in PvP not removing Kaom's Heart.

"
Only defence of a Marauder, which with current Marauder nerf of passive brought us down to 9-10k hp.

There are other types of defense for marauder, Lioneye's Remorse is a good example.

I'm not asking to remove Kaom's Heart in PvP, I'm asking to remove the legacy items in PvP.

This is what I'm talking about the players who are only good with their legacy Kaom's Heart.

"
block too stronk
ek skilless
molten cheap
daggers OP

You forgot to mention Kaom's Heart the GO-TO of RMTers. Are those build you mention the one who destroys you in PvP?
to pusciferr quoting my words:

Personally i farmed my legacy kaoms in HC boosting val and piety merciless when you probably was paying me 4-5 chaos per kill. that was also with a 250dps 5link Karui i had back then

yes i knw kaoms was nerfed, what i said it should have never been nerfed.

about builds destroying me.. those builds mentioned can definetely 1shot a 10-12k HP character(with legacy kaoms). I do not speak about myself only, it is well known amongst the high level pvpers what is broken and what is not.

if u see my words as complaints maybe pvp more (my only problem in this pvp is block penetration not being available for mace/axe)or try dueling as a 2hand without kaoms against the best specs.

i beat and lost to all. then come duel me with ur 2hand also, i give u 3 seconds to survive if u think a legacy will save u.

now spit the irony

fuck ur pvp.

You can say whatever u like but a legacy kaoms should forever remain in a balanced pvp just because its the most important item for a 2hander(anything below 1k hp would make 2hand unplayable).Mulla and google who are also 2handers will agree with me. Or if u dont want it remake the whole game with uniques/items only for pvp
100 Marauder - Hardcore
Last edited by Banditje on Mar 19, 2014, 5:51:09 PM
"
Pusciferrr wrote:
"
Banditje wrote:
Kaom's Heart

with current pvp balance where weapons and other skilles type specs are and were able to 1shot either me or whoever else is fighting with a legacy kaoms, why is Kaom's too much?

just a question for the experts who talk allday about legacy kaom's

Its the pride of the Marauder and it should have never been touched. Only for new leagues maybe to make them harder.

block too stronk
ek skilless
molten cheap
daggers OP
99% of pvp play manmode shield
Puncture tested=broken (lvl 28pvp archer vs lvl 100, 10k HP Marauder where 1 puncture trap took 7k of my hp) tested with 2 different archers for more legit results

Nerf Kaoms/Marauder passive

gg

Kaom's Heart was already been nerfed.

Now 1000hp Kaom's vs 500hp Kaom's is the game balance?

What I'm trying to say is to give the game a balance by removing legacy items in PvP not removing Kaom's Heart.

"

There are other types of defense for marauder, Lioneye's Remorse is a good example.

I'm not asking to remove Kaom's Heart in PvP, I'm asking to remove the legacy items in PvP.

This is what I'm talking about the players who are only good with their legacy Kaom's Heart.

"
block too stronk
ek skilless
molten cheap
daggers OP

You forgot to mention Kaom's Heart the GO-TO of RMTers. Are those build you mention the one who destroys you in PvP?

Damn man you're clueless.

...pains me to see google concidered a top pvper, so much wrong with that statement.

Regardless, legacy items were at one time attainable at reasonable rates. Thats where most of us got them, we've been played alot longer then you have. We've seen the game change and we've seen certain things continue to be neglected. You will get 1shot by criticals with over 12k hp its in every way wrong but its what happens. Kaoms is a perfectly balanaced item even in its legacy state. You lack sockets, lack shield and are forced to run a basically defenseless style Barb vs Caster (Diablo2) equivalent character type. The problem with this game isn't the items, it never was with the exception of Aegis. The problem is in the gems/combinations/mechanics and to a very lesser extent tree and how it lacks proper critical mitigation (for everyone) /block penetration i.e block/spell block for anyone but sword users. I hope they nerf the fuck out of sword block penetration or give everyone a logical amount to even things out so I can be the only guy still using a 2h sword.

You're right about one thing though and thats the RMT. This thread isn't for that though and shouldn't become a bitchfest. For those of us that are veterans around here we earned our gear legitimately. For the people getting into Pvp now on standard ya they'll likely RMT and thats the only approach. Theres atleast a dozen names (msg me in game if you want to know) off the top of my head that RMT'd extremely hard to enter this scene.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Mar 9, 2014, 12:25:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info