I think most skills need reducing their damage for more in PVP

I see that many of us are not enjoying PVP for now. I think the main reason for that is skill gems are still too strong though they are already adjusted in PVP. That makes players have less time to enjoy the match because it ends up too soon. If 2 players face-tank each other, they can kill one another in just 2 seconds. That is really too soon. It is just like eating a piece of meat by swallowing it in just 2 seconds instead of chewing it for like 10-20 seconds to feel how delicious it is and then swallow it later.
Critical Ethereal Knives can kill me in 2-4 casts (I have 7k7 life points and 55% spell block), which means it takes about 2 seconds. One-handed sword and two-handed sword have almost the same speed of killing me (63% block attack) with Heavy Strikes. They both took about 2 seconds, just like critical Ethereal Knives. Critical Flicker Strikes can kill me in 1 second. I don't know how many hits were made in that 1 seconds but it is too fast. Critical Fireball Trap can kill me immediately. I am not sure if this is too OP. I can sympathize for this strategy because it kills by chance. It needs a chance for people to step on the traps. However, one-shotting people is not very fair.
In some famous PVP games, players have time to enjoy hurting each other. They can see people's life points get down gradually, not almost instantly like we have here. If 2 players face-tank each other, it should take about 6 - 10 seconds for one to get down. And if instant deaths happen, only combo of 2 or 3 players to kill 1 player can make it.
I think people are killing each other too fast here. That is not good. PVP now is just like making people shock each other instead if letting them enjoy fighting. Thus, I think most skill gems need reducing their damage in PVP for more (In PVE, they are ok).
One thing I would like to suggest in Sarn Arena and PVP matches is: Players should be in protected condition after they are swapped into an area so that they have time to buff auras. It is just like after we move into a map, we are in protected condition for some seconds before we actually move out to kill monsters. The same method should be applied to PVP so that buffs can be made completely to prevent no-buff players from having a chance to hurt people while they are not ready for battle.
I did enjoy PVE in this game, and made my character 100 lvl. My next desire is PVP, and I see that PVP needs lowering all kinds of damage, no need to have so much damage to rush like in PVE. Hope GGG will focus on bettering PVP so that the game becomes more outstanding.
you are right man, 1 shotting or getting 1 shotted sucks. but the problem is that if i dont 1 shot a marauder with 11k hp and 1k regen per second, 15k armor etc, how am i supposed to kill him if he just disengage for 3 seconds with leap slam and coming back with full hp again? the pvp needs a huge rework, its full of unbalanced things.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
"
tempallo wrote:
you are right man, 1 shotting or getting 1 shotted sucks. but the problem is that if i dont 1 shot a marauder with 11k hp and 1k regen per second, 15k armor etc, how am i supposed to kill him if he just disengage for 3 seconds with leap slam and coming back with full hp again? the pvp needs a huge rework, its full of unbalanced things.

DOT; eta on poison charms?
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
"
tempallo wrote:

The passive has been rework in mara and duelist area. I dont think there are many 11k life 1 k regen and 15 k armour mara like u said here now and then. The passive reduce the hp nodes and add more damage nodes. there are not many hp nodes for you to take anymore. I used to have 10k life and now just 7k life. How is that? Dont over thought tanky maras, cuz they are now no tank.
"
behakungfu wrote:
"
tempallo wrote:

The passive has been rework in mara and duelist area. I dont think there are many 11k life 1 k regen and 15 k armour mara like u said here now and then. The passive reduce the hp nodes and add more damage nodes. there are not many hp nodes for you to take anymore. I used to have 10k life and now just 7k life. How is that? Dont over thought tanky maras, cuz they are now no tank.

yesterday i met a marauder in arena with 7k hp, non legacy kaoms and he was regen a lot of hp. if not 1k at last 600-800. with so much life, armor and aegis aurora how am i supposed to kill him if not by 1 shot huge crit or puncture from mirrored harbinger/2h sword? and btw he can just remove puncture.

anyway im not trying to defend my build, i dont have any mirror item / puncture build.
PvP Team Omniscient

"
tempallo wrote:

yesterday i met a marauder in arena with 7k hp, non legacy kaoms and he was regen a lot of hp. if not 1k at last 600-800. with so much life, armor and aegis aurora how am i supposed to kill him if not by 1 shot huge crit or puncture from mirrored harbinger/2h sword? and btw he can just remove puncture.

anyway im not trying to defend my build, i dont have any mirror item / puncture build.

May I ask if he is able to kill you?
Let me guess, It is a no. It is a very big trade off for his tanky, he is like no dps if I correct. And yeah, he is like a toy for you to kill!
If you are in his position, dont you feel like a noob? like you just cant do anything but letting your enemy hit u?
yes, he was able to kill me. it may depends a bit from the fact that with this new char im still lvl 80 and i miss some es nodes so maybe i've a bit less es than usual, but instead of 3 hit he will kill me in 4, so i think its the same.

i found problems even against 2h users with high armor, since i cant 1shot them but they can 1 shot me... and even if i get 2-3 hits on them when they are low they just leap away for 3 sec and come back at full life again.

i know the words i say make me pass like a crying kid, but i just want to be able to pvp using my skill, and being able to not kill some1 just because he got 500exalted gear doesnt sound fair to me. maybe im just playing the wrong game, dunno, but i really dont see how can i do.

PvP Team Omniscient

Last edited by tempallo on Mar 8, 2014, 7:31:49 AM
May be u should just farm a lot before you enter pvp, or dont even think about pvp without gg gear :D
"
behakungfu wrote:
May be u should just farm a lot before you enter pvp, or dont even think about pvp without gg gear :D

So basically someone should play this game pve for 2 months, maybe 4 if they have a life, to get 500 exalts worth of gear in order to enter pvp? Nice way to make this game pure pve.

EDIT: actually, farming 4 months moderately will not get you 500 exalts worth of gear. Combine farming with extreme daytrading or you will not stand a chance. Which defeats the purpose of playing moderately.
Last edited by berkshireee on Mar 13, 2014, 4:05:25 PM
"
berkshireee wrote:
"
behakungfu wrote:

So basically someone should play this game pve for 2 months, maybe 4 if they have a life, to get 500 exalts worth of gear in order to enter pvp? Nice way to make this game pure pve.

EDIT: actually, farming 4 months moderately will not get you 500 exalts worth of gear. Combine farming with extreme daytrading or you will not stand a chance. Which defeats the purpose of playing moderately.

That's how high level pvp works; whoever farmed better gear wins, up until each player has near-perfect gear worth hundreds of exalts. If you want pvp that isnt a joke (i.e. not requiring hundreds of hours to grind) then do level 28 pvp. It still requires you to get some currency, but its incomparably less than merciless pvp and you can actually make a character and get gear very quickly.
Last edited by MrEnzyme on Mar 13, 2014, 4:50:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info