[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

"
Blitzhex wrote:
I'm level 58 at A2 merci atm. My build right now. With EB, and disc and clarity running I have no problems running a level 7 AA. If I level my AA anymore it will slightly drain my mana whenever I move. Got 900 deeps on the tooltip and not having many problems killing most invaders, but my HP is only 2.1k and resi is kinda low (50% avg) because my gear sucks. I think I'm going to farm Fellshrine Ruins for a long time before I move on.

+1

Very nice. Curious to see your progression as well with EB. Please let us know how the rest of Merci goes.
Sorry to hear about your Reep moment.

I started again after my death and just killed Piety in normal - Even without Searing I have been doing well (although admittedly Searing is lol). Been using a mixture of flameblast, fire trap and firestorm.

Looking forward to attempting the run up to Dom later this week.
TFIGEGKTB
Will you run this build again or will you update the merciles section? Im starting this build i want to know how do you play it end game. Thanks
What gems link to searing bond???
Wonderful guide, I've been using it to level (right now level 50) and it is going very well, I might even suggest that I am a bit over powered at the moment.

My only concern is his strength the higher level it gets. I guess we will see.
I've been playing this build for the last few days, and thus far I love it. I was a bit curious if grabbing Static Blows might be viable? Its only a three point deviation... Anyways, keep up the good work!
"
JerryVoy wrote:
Will you run this build again or will you update the merciles section? Im starting this build i want to know how do you play it end game. Thanks

Yes, I'm running this build again in invasion. Think I'll take discipline/EB/AA sooner this time, (might even skip hp/mana combo nodes) test AA/discipline and suggest levels in the main page. Also prepared act 1/2 merci guides. Will add them when I get there again. :)

Guide is just a rough outline, as I have very little time. When I get more time I'll make it more compact, detailed etc. To help my buds have easiest time they can with the build.

Now testing Cold Snap + Trap (will add el. proliferation and Iron will later)

"
maxis26 wrote:
What gems link to searing bond???

For searing bond, increased burning dmg, and fire pen

"
yoofy wrote:
Wonderful guide, I've been using it to level (right now level 50) and it is going very well, I might even suggest that I am a bit over powered at the moment.

My only concern is his strength the higher level it gets. I guess we will see.

That's the thing, it just continues to sclae very well. :) Dps is crazy. heh

"
The_Klous wrote:
I've been playing this build for the last few days, and thus far I love it. I was a bit curious if grabbing Static Blows might be viable? Its only a three point deviation... Anyways, keep up the good work!

No, static blows is not for this build. You need more lightning dmg to make it work, and added light gem in itself isn't that great in totem combo.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
"
Bawheidbob wrote:
Sorry to hear about your Reep moment.

I started again after my death and just killed Piety in normal - Even without Searing I have been doing well (although admittedly Searing is lol). Been using a mixture of flameblast, fire trap and firestorm.

Looking forward to attempting the run up to Dom later this week.

Yes, in start IMO Fireblast is insanely good, fire trap later not so much as you don't have dex to support it. And on firestorm, I prefer flameblast.

I'm now leveling with Flame totem + Flameblast combo. Not yet specced into ancestral bond. I'm at dominus normal.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
Hey,

thanks for that awesome build.
although i am just an ambush guy, i really enjoy the build for the first toon of the season.

i had the feeling (havent done the maths) that the most dmg is:
1 flame totem + 1searingbond
cause you can stack the sb dmg at least 2times plus you gain the flametotem dmg.
OC this tactics needs to be direct in between the totems, so be aware of deaths.
but if you are tanky enough or have nothing to lose you can try this to optimise dmg.

I am lvl54 and A2 merc right now, at this point i notice the missing good defensive equip of a selffounder, but the dmg is still fine, so i keep melting them - just have to play a bit more cautious (or grind the ledge...).
"
hunTShoo wrote:
Hey,

thanks for that awesome build.
although i am just an ambush guy, i really enjoy the build for the first toon of the season.

i had the feeling (havent done the maths) that the most dmg is:
1 flame totem + 1searingbond
cause you can stack the sb dmg at least 2times plus you gain the flametotem dmg.
OC this tactics needs to be direct in between the totems, so be aware of deaths.
but if you are tanky enough or have nothing to lose you can try this to optimise dmg.

I am lvl54 and A2 merc right now, at this point i notice the missing good defensive equip of a selffounder, but the dmg is still fine, so i keep melting them - just have to play a bit more cautious (or grind the ledge...).

I really need to change the intro and the build name... :( I'm sorry. I hate when this happens, I mean you saying "just an ambush guy". And terms like scrubcore etc. It's destroying PoE somewhat. Majority of people play in softcore league, be it standard or ambush for new ones... and not only for players themself, but for devs as that's where most players are... anyhow... I apologize if I said anything in the guide to make you feel bad for not playing invasion, it's just I wanted to help those, and people in general, new players have a fun build with which they'll have easier time beating story. :) If it weren't for invasion bosses, I could watch a TV show and play the game with this build (and that's what's great about softcore, not being so crazy about not dying XD).

Anyhow, too much about my rant. On topic. Thing with PoE skills etc and combinations are, usually the more focus you have the better it is. When you get a 5L no doubt flame totems are better, 6L etc. Even with 4L IMO, as sheer dmg of flame totem is better than those of searing bond, you don't have to reposition yourself, and you're not in harms way, close to it like with searing bond. The only way Searing bond could do more dps, is with Searing touch +2 to flame gem wand/dagger, and taking Elemental Equilibrium keystone. Still my point is the same, flame totems are immune to desync, and you can put them up... and back away as much as you want. :) Flame + Searing is good in some situations, I too use it sometimes. :) But imo at least dual flame... much flames much dmg. If only they were more tanky, for invasion I mean... invaders are brutal. In ambush, please do say how the build functions against strongboxes and such, I'd like to know. :)

P.S. Sorry about wall of text.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info