1.1.0 Scion Spectral Throw Build Need Feedback/Help/Advice

"
Meepster wrote:
You picked up a bunch of melee physical damage nodes.. I don't think they have changed this, but melee physical damage doesn't apply to spectral throw.. Weapon damage does, and projectile damage, but not melee.

I had done the melee physical dmg for double strike for boss fights, possibly I picked up too many, mainly this post was meant for theory-crafting to revise and edit for a final build, all the people trying this build I do appreciate greatly and hope that they keep giving feedback so that I may make a better build, hopefully not too many changes will be needed though!
Also I will be editing the original post, asking as well what the people trying this build have decided to do for the bandits, I know some people do the usual Oak on Normal and Cruel, then passive on Merciless, but for this build prolly Oak on normal, then Kraityn on Cruel, or maybe passive point - anyway please be aware for this being added!

Thank you everyone that has put time into testing this, revising this, and commenting on this build so far, keep up the amazing work!
"
Swivvy wrote:
Hi, im using this build :) im level 47 at the moment and i feel like a take alot of damage all the time and struggle to survive even with the life leech gem.

Will keep using a see how it does.

Thank you for helping test this!
Are you currently using the cast on damage taken links? If so what have you linked to it, and what aura(s) are you currently running? With the double blood magic all the mana is meant to go for auras, with reduced mana around lvl 10 or so you should be able to run 2 without speccing into mana reserves
Last edited by Greoks on Mar 10, 2014, 12:34:40 AM
Here is my skill tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABS0LYRpVG_ol3ycvKaUxnjIJMn41kjboOlJAoEF0ROdGaUd-Sn1KyE3jTipYr1pSW69fP2BLYSFko2VNZ6BqO2qTbEZuaW6qcmx07XYreA15aHrvhNmE74dqh3aI8YqvkBGQbJtdnrmkGaSspleoGKiaqW6plLXytkG8n76nwA_BBNJN1e3dDeOf7w7yL_KX9038xf6P

Currently i am 62 @invasion league
Got 3k hp
i am currently selffound except my weapon

I had to get 2x +18resist nodes @ scion area cuz my gear suck will replace those ofc.
Thinking to get %6 life %6 armor nodes @ marauder starting.

I'll get wrecking ball after life-armor nodes. Cuz u know its invasion and its sadistic mobs in there.

Currently using only Grace cuz still using mana;
ST+AddedFire+LMP
DoubleStrike+FA+AddedFire+MeleePhysical

Using enfeeble as curse

Almost every build took Herrier node but i dont think its good choice for invasion league.
5 Skill points for all attack speed.
Its better use those on HP nodes ofc.
I also gonna remove diamond flesh + 1 dex node behind it to save another 2 SP when i get better gear.
I was sure about heading into marauder starting area and get %18 all resist and +2 max resist but it feels good to have 77 resists.

Still thinking about LGoH or Lifeleech for my spec throw.

Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
"
Here is my skill tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABS0LYRpVG_ol3ycvKaUxnjIJMn41kjboOlJAoEF0ROdGaUd-Sn1KyE3jTipYr1pSW69fP2BLYSFko2VNZ6BqO2qTbEZuaW6qcmx07XYreA15aHrvhNmE74dqh3aI8YqvkBGQbJtdnrmkGaSspleoGKiaqW6plLXytkG8n76nwA_BBNJN1e3dDeOf7w7yL_KX9038xf6P

Got 3k hp

I had to get 2x +18resist nodes @ scion area cuz my gear suck will replace those ofc.

I'll get wrecking ball after life-armor nodes. Cuz u know its invasion and its sadistic mobs in there.

ST+AddedFire+LMP

Using enfeeble as curse

Almost every build took Herrier node but i dont think its good choice for invasion league.
I also gonna remove diamond flesh + 1 dex node behind it to save another 2 SP when i get better gear.
I was sure about heading into marauder starting area and get %18 all resist and +2 max resist but it feels good to have 77 resists.

This builds is pretty similar, how is it working out for you so far? Is it easy to live, or do you find yourself coming close to death quite a bit? Also what other links are you using? Cast on damage taken at all?
"
Greoks wrote:
"
Here is my skill tree

Got 3k hp

ST+AddedFire+LMP

Using enfeeble as curse

This builds is pretty similar, how is it working out for you so far? Is it easy to live, or do you find yourself coming close to death quite a bit? Also what other links are you using? Cast on damage taken at all?

You linked in first post 120 point build.. its unrealistic you will not reach 100 level..
most of builds should be like 80 level builds. re-organize it
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
Hey,

I'm at 53 on ambush atm and my build looks like that:

With this gear:
Spoiler

I'm doing pretty well. Just started mercile.

My final build is going to look like this ( for now I'm planning it to be like this ) :

It will probably change a little bit depending on gear I will be able to get.

That's pretty much my first attempt to do build from start to end by myself so it's gonna by fuckd up maybe :D
;-)
Last edited by SolaMira on Mar 10, 2014, 9:18:39 AM
Sola im liking the build, ill probably try it out on invasion. Looking for a good ST/DS build like this for a while now. Lets give this one a shot!
"
GamerBeast wrote:
Sola im liking the build, ill probably try it out on invasion. Looking for a good ST/DS build like this for a while now. Lets give this one a shot!

For invasion I would take some more life nodes instead of some dmg nodes. I'm playing with this build on ambush so I can be more glassy then on invasion.

;-)
"
SolaMira wrote:
"
GamerBeast wrote:

For invasion I would take some more life nodes instead of some dmg nodes. I'm playing with this build on ambush so I can be more glassy then on invasion.

What life nodes would you advise me to take, or instead of what? Havent really played PoE recently so ill need a heads up :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info