Vaal Cold Snap

"
Jasperca wrote:
Level 56 Ranger.
Double strike/block chance/life on hit/high attack speed.

Linked Vaal cold snap to cast on damage taken.
It never freezes enemies- only chills. Maybe there is a freeze duration so short that I literally have never seen it, but either way it's hugely disappointing.

It takes 64 souls. If it did what it says it's supposed to I would still be using it.

Same, i 've linked vaal cold snap and vaal haste to cast on damage taken.
Double checked if the skills level requirement are met.
Charged both with souls.
I've never seen them trigger even if i lose 3/4 hp. My current hp is 3.4k and it should trigger when i lose 800 hp.
"
Piddu wrote:

Same, i 've linked vaal cold snap and vaal haste to cast on damage taken.
Double checked if the skills level requirement are met.
Charged both with souls.
I've never seen them trigger even if i lose 3/4 hp. My current hp is 3.4k and it should trigger when i lose 800 hp.

Trigger gems don't support Vaal gems.

IGN = Tetti
This gem will draw a giant snow sigil on the ground which is my favorite. Aside from its aesthetic means I'll choose Vaal Ice Nova instead :)
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
This is my favourite gold strongbox killing gem. Open box, freeze everything, shatter everything to pieces with aoe. That usually leaves only the rares and exile guarding the box.
My main issue with Vaal Cold Snap is, Vaal Ice Nova just kills the Rares and most Exiles.
This gem either doesn't work , or is all but useless.

I'm running Dual Cameria's with Southbound, and wanted a culling skill that always freezes for bosses linked to IR.

I'll have the boss down to zero health, and cast the Vaal Cold Snap(Avg Damage 900), and boss doesn't die. I'm more likely to kill the boss within three swings of My cameria's than with this piece of junk.

Complete waste of a gem slot.
tested this as of 1/13/2016, this gem is unaffected by the area increase or decrease due to concentrated affect and increased area of affect. It has the AoE keyword, have I missed something?
Been playing around with a Vaal Cold Snap/Cold Snap build since the rework.
Where Cold Snap is vastly improved, and feels great to use, I honestly can't say the same for it's Vaal counterpart.

While the initial damage is high, it's range, duration and damage over time is mediocre at best.
And it requires a lot of charge for only one use. One, which isn't really worth using most of the time.

The thing is while the base version is less powerful, with the right supports you can cover far more area, as it's not focused on you. And it's damage can be stacked over and over again in the same area, giving you honestly far more damage output then it's Vaal counterpart.
All it has going for it is the initial punch, in which case your better off with other Vaal skills if that is all you want.

Vaal Cold Snap simply doesn't do anything significantly better then it's base version to be worth using in my experience.
Please post new feedback for this skill gem here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2160125
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info