Vaal Cold Snap

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 11:01:26 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 11:01:57 PM
Is it supposed to be like this that the skills resets its soul count each instance?
Cus collecting 64 souls just to having it reset to 0 again if you go somewhere else isn't the most interesting mechanic.
64 souls is quite alot to gather for each instance.
The vaal snap is quite fun to use once you have gathered the souls in the same instance, but u can only use it once or twice at most (or not at all when the instance is to small).
PoE Wiki page: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

so i assume its kinda useless??
ign: SoftScrubAsAlways
Well you can try it out, its very fun to freeze the screen, but do to its limited use per instance, well yeah its kinda meh, takes away the tactical application.
PoE Wiki page: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki
Really great defensive skill for those moments when you get desynced into a pack lolol.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Mar 7, 2014, 8:13:12 PM
very disappointing

have 13-14 level and replaced used it with inc area, inc crit strike/damage (replacing vaal ice nova setup i use)

first - it deals no damage
second - when it freezes mobs unfreeze faster than when hit with ordinary ice nova
third - soul count is absurd

ill level it to see if anything changes when it is en par with my lvl 18 ice nova but i have little faith

this gem desperately needs some changes, currently - ice nova beats it. 'always freezes' is pointless when said freeze lasts 1second
This skills needs something over regular Cold Snap to ever be used.

Cold Snap + Proliferation freezes better anyway, and for FAR longer since the real kind has increased duration on Freeze / Chill.

You want it used, it needs a HUGE Freeze Duration boost (like 120%+, or less, but with far more Damage to base the Freeze Duration on), bigger AoE.

As is, I play a Freeze build, and even before I did, this was useless. After, it's pure garbage.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Level 56 Ranger.
Double strike/block chance/life on hit/high attack speed.

Linked Vaal cold snap to cast on damage taken.
It never freezes enemies- only chills. Maybe there is a freeze duration so short that I literally have never seen it, but either way it's hugely disappointing.

It takes 64 souls. If it did what it says it's supposed to I would still be using it.
"
Jasperca wrote:
Level 56 Ranger.
Double strike/block chance/life on hit/high attack speed.

Linked Vaal cold snap to cast on damage taken.
It never freezes enemies- only chills. Maybe there is a freeze duration so short that I literally have never seen it, but either way it's hugely disappointing.

It takes 64 souls. If it did what it says it's supposed to I would still be using it.
what level vaal gem is it? what's the tooltip damage, you do know cast on damage taken reduces damage right? status effects only happen if damage reaches a certain threshold, and freeze doesn't last that long to begin with.

the ground chill is 100% chilling for duration of the ground and as long as a foe is inside it. that is defense enough but not enough for the vaal gem in the way you are using. you might as well use arctic breath on gmp plus fork or chain, still leveled up for a duration boost of course.
This is a good Vaal skill to use, but still a mediocre design. Good Vaal skills do one of two things: either help deal with powerful threats by killing them quickly, or help deal with them by providing some form of defense or utility. This provides utility in two different ways: generating a lot of chilled ground, and providing a guaranteed freeze. What makes the design mediocre is that you've got more utility than you need, and the two don't have very good synergy; anything which is frozen isn't really effected by chilled ground, so the chilled ground duration is mostly wasted.

This skill should be redesigned to have a longer freeze duration (just like the non-Vaal Cold Snap), but without the chilled ground. This would open other cold Vaal spells to use chilled ground as a primary mechanic.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info