Vaal Detonate Dead

"
Gemdraco wrote:
"
maxor wrote:
However its gonna be super useful on

Yes. =)

I have a monster rig and believe me if you cast it after clearing a room be ready for your cpu to melt. Test it without monsters first. Otherwise you risk dying and horribly
Soul cost of Vaal Detonate Dead is still quite harsh but man, this is the most powerfull gem in the game right now.
Planned correctly, you can one shot any boss and even any corrupted boss in a split second.

You can clean up rooms of heroic+rare if they are helped with some white trash in a second as well.

I have a VDD+IncreasedAO+IgniteChance and i have yet to meet a boss that will resist the hell that drop on him.

All you have to do is lure the boss into a nice pile of dead corps and SPLAT ! Gone...

Would be even stronger with Concentrated AO but i dont even need it.
Vaal Detonate Dead requires 96 souls before it can be casted.

Some areas doesn't even contain 96 souls.

Killing everything (including the boss) in The Dock's Corrupted Area only granted me 73/96 souls.

Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8
Last edited by Censurri on Jul 30, 2014, 7:58:24 PM
Are the Vaal Skill Gems being re-examined and/or re-balanced?
Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8
Last edited by Censurri on Jul 30, 2014, 9:23:08 PM
"
Are the Vaal Skill Gems being re-examined and/or re-balanced?

they did a silent and pretty good change to Vaal Ground Slam so there is hope

VDetonate Dead is pretty much lackluster - both the cost is outrageous and utility/damage questionable..
i would say the damage is fine... its just that no one would boost the vaal version like they would the normal. both gets limited benefits and designed right, can deal 100% corpse's hp in damage. the difference is that this can kill a rare if you already wiped the minions and built well.

the problem is the soul cost and... if you really were build well, you could've used something normal to kill that boss.
How long it can be? Is it terminated?
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
How does Vaal DD interact with Elemental Equilibrium?

I see two possibilities:

1) All corpses explode at the exact same instant. As a result, mobs affected by EE take a huge single burst of damage; after this, if the mobs survive then are more resistant to fire but less resistant to other elements.

2) Corpses explode one-at-a-time, but very rapidly. As a result, after the first nearby corpse explodes, mobs are much more resistant to fire. Subsequent corpse explosions do much less damage as mobs are now highly resistant to fire damage.

Which of the above 2 cases is implemented in game?
No two hits are ever simultaneous. Period.

Additionally, Vaal DD explodes corpses sequentially anyways :P Mostly visible when there's like forty+ corpses.
Please post new feedback for this skill gem here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2160126
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 19, 2018, 6:32:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info