Vaal Fireball

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 11:21:22 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 11:21:36 PM

EEh I was mistaken lol everything is fine
Spoiler
Few points... bugs?

1. once you go over 32 souls the counter doesn't seem to go up? I tried Vaal ST and remember that the counter goes up ( so you can cast in twice if double charged)

2. sometimes it doesn't cast ... I'm sot sure if this is because I got stunned right as I was casting OR because I was walking back and forth between a passage. But the souls were consumed with no animation (not sure if damage was done)

I didnt see how many times the charge can be stored
vs Vaal Fireball LOL
SSF since ~OB
Last edited by stonespeak on Mar 8, 2014, 5:06:31 AM
/Deleted disregard
SSF since ~OB
Last edited by stonespeak on Mar 8, 2014, 5:06:58 AM
I've found the skill weak so far, been using it for the past 20-30 levels in ambush. Currently level 48, linked it with remote mine and added lightning, damage is still very lacklucker in comparison to my flameblast. The spiral effect really limits where you can use the spell to its full potential, and it feels like that full potential is what the skill is balanced around, even if it does look cool.

I thought about trying to circumvent the spiral against bosses by running around them in a circle that'd allow for the fireballs to hit the boss, but it happens way too fast for that to be humanly possible. Oh well.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Thanks to the bug fix, this skill is devastating with GMP lol.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Storm Call / caster / nuker Scion, currently level 30 ish, still in normal.

Without mods, this doesn't really compare with even firestorm in regular aoe damage, to say nothing of strong aoe's like storm call. It does have situational use though. When completely swarmed at melee range on all sides, it's devastating due to overlapping aoe from all the fireballs. Also has interesting potential as a trap/mine, so you can position it for maximum damage. Charges often enough to be usable, but whether it's worth the slots to socket it plus it's needed supports is questionable.
"
Rhyse wrote:

Without mods, this doesn't really compare with even firestorm in regular aoe damage, to say nothing of strong aoe's like storm call. It does have situational use though. When completely swarmed at melee range on all sides, it's devastating due to overlapping aoe from all the fireballs. Also has interesting potential as a trap/mine, so you can position it for maximum damage. Charges often enough to be usable, but whether it's worth the slots to socket it plus it's needed supports is questionable.

Not sure I agree,

Each Vaal Fireball seems to have higher damage than even regular Fireball
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Fireball vs.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fireball
Not to mention having 32 balls

Also Firestorm has a low damage effectiveness and has a much smaller aoe radius
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Firestorm
SSF since ~OB
vaal fireball - gmp - slower pojectiles - fork

may do som dmg if you are playing fire based char, and is much fun :)
IGN: VodeniZec
This is a bad Vaal skill. Good Vaal skills do one of two things: either help deal with powerful threats by killing them quickly, or help deal with them by providing some form of defense or utility. This definitely doesn't provide utility, and it's not very good at dealing DPS to anything other than large groups, with very poor single-target capability.

I believe the way to fix this skill is to redesign it around the concept of lobbing a single fireball made up of burning tar. Upon hit, the fireball explodes in an increased AoE (about the size of Fire Trap), dealing area damage and creating both burning and tarred ground around the explosion. This would add an interesting crowd-control component for the normal crowd-control-devoid Fire builds.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I personally think this skill (and the rest of vaal skills) would be much more interesting if they were changed to be more charge-based like spectral throw or burning arrow. For example instead of firing 32 projetiles all at once, let it have 4-8 charges and fire 4-6 fireballs per charge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info